Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Got a bent rim, looking for new wheels

('03-'05) 
2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Majorlk 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I took my car to the tire shop the other day to get my wheels balanced because my wheel was shaking on the highway, turns out that one of my wheels is bent so this pushes my timeline on getting new wheels. I've been thinking about what wheels to get for a while now. I'm looking somewhere around $1000 price range, could go up a little if its for the right wheel. So far I've come up with these. I'm kinda looking for white wheels because I love the look of white on white.

Option #1
Varrstoen es2 (This is my favorite so far)

18x8 5 Varrstoen ES221 5x100 White Wheel Fit Subaru Impreza WRX Legacy BRZ 2013 | eBay

Option #2
Varrstoen es3(would try to find in White)

18x9 5 Varrstoen ES331 Wheels 5x100mm Matte Black Rims Fits Subaru WRX 5x100 | eBay

or Rota Grids
Rota Grid 18x9 5 5x100 38 White 02 05 07 08 11 13 WRX 04 STI BRZ FRS GT869 TC | eBay

If you guys have any suggestions on some good wheels please send me feedback!

Thanks,
Andrew

See less See more
#3 ·
If you want to save $$, you can get reconditioned wheels online. These are guaranteed etc., which is important with alloys, since they can't be repaired if cracked.

Used to have a passat with low profile wheels living in Boston and Chicago, which led to several opportunities to buy these puppies. saved a bundle, and never had any problems.

Funny how the tire can take potholes and curbs, but the wheels can't.

#4 ·
I ended up buying the Varrstoen ES2's. I really love the look, they where pretty expensive but I didn't want to wait and try to find used ones given I had a bent rim. They where definitely worth it, I don't think I will ever change them.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.