Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Chicago Area

795K views 9K replies 178 participants last post by  04eatmefxt 
#1 ·
Just figured I'd start the new Chicagoland thread for the Central forum.

The folks of the midwest on nasioc.com meet in various areas around Chicagoland on thursday evenings. Always nice to have a good Forester turnout.

If you're from the area, chime in!

#161 ·
There is always at least one Forester at the meets. So whenever you have the time, just come on by.

If you are interested in going to the Shootout at Byron Dragway this Sat., I will be attending and will probably catch the convoy meeting up at Pompei around 7am. You're welcome to join us.

#162 ·
Thanks for the invite but I'm going to catch the autocross at CLC in grayslake on Sunday. If i'm gone two days on the weekend the wife wouldn't be to happy....

I didnt know there was another drag strip besides union grove and joliet. Cool, well good luck and post some results!

#173 ·
No, we didn't.......and I actually thought that we stood a chance.

Roman:

How did you wind up doing at the shootout? I havent seen you post here or nasioc, although I saw the 815 pictures of your car there.
The car sucked. I had a tear in the TB hose causing a boost leak past 10 psi. I actually inproved my 60' times (compared to last year), pretty consistent at around 2 sec. this time. My best was 14.4 sec at the 1/4 mi. with a 90mph trap.

Lexicon XT spanked the frogmobile with his 14 sec. pass. He took first, I took second.

#182 ·
There's one more autox coming up, actually two, Saturday and Sunday in Joliet;

http://scca-chicago.com/solo/

I'm 90% sure i'll be there on Saturdays, as there is still a little rubber left on my tires :shake:

Anyone else, I want to see what some coilovers on a forester look like in an autocross! Come on! :icon_biggrin: Weather looks good too;

Saturday:
Plenty of sun. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 50s.</SPAN>

#192 ·
^^lol^^

so when should we expect the twin scroll setup to be complete? :biggrin:

Andy mentioned that he was hoping for a forester meet. I was also hoping to snap some nice photos of mine now that I have the tints and drop done. Most shots of your car where taken by phlypside right? Does he still do the weekend meets?
Who's interested in a photo shoot?

#193 ·
^^lol^^
so when should we expect the twin scroll setup to be complete? :biggrin:
That won't be until I have my motor & tranny done, so probably mid '08.

Andy mentioned that he was hoping for a forester meet. I was also hoping to snap some nice photos of mine now that I have the tints and drop done. Most shots of your car where taken by phlypside right? Does he still do the weekend meets?
Who's interested in a photo shoot?
Yes, phlypside took most of the shots of my car. He's actually a closet Forester lover. lol. Anyway, it's kind of iffy with photo shoots with the weather were having. Andy's welcome to show up to any Thursday meets he can. Maybe '08 can be the year the Foresters can start having meets since there are quite a few in the area.

#194 ·
well I just bought and installed an AP last night, but stage1 will have to do for a while.

I'd be up for some weekend meets even if it's just a couple of us. I tend not to make the Thursday meets, but I might make and exception if we make it a Forster night.

oh and what parts do you have?

#197 ·
I'd be up for some weekend meets even if it's just a couple of us. I tend not to make the Thursday meets, but I might make and exception if we make it a Forster night.

oh and what parts do you have?
Andy, make it to a meet and we'll talk.

so who would be up for this thursday? Roman? Andy?

also, can somebody recommend an alignment place in the NW chicagoland (for saturday), I need one asap after my swifts install.
I'll be at the meet, but a little later (probably 8:30-9'ish). The late crowd usually ends up in the Starbucks at Streets of Woodfield up until closing time.

You can go to just about any Just Tires place and they'll do a custom alignment to your specs. Firestone (at least the one's I checked) will only do oem spec alignments.

#202 ·
I'm sure that's where people will initially go. Later on, some people go to Dappers, and some go to Starbucks.
I prefer to go to Starbucks because it's closer to home and the "scenery" is nicer.
It would be cool to see a bunch of Foresters meet up together.
Usually, drvrswntd and I attend the meets (pretty regularly), just because we don't have much of a social life outside of work and family.

#201 ·
Runner... there is most definitely a difference. It's no monster, but the car is much more responsive since the tune it so the boost comes on earlier. I believe it's about a 40 hp gain for the 06's.

I don't think I can make it this Thursday because I have to help a buddy do some wiring at his house. I should be able to make it next Thursday.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.