Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Chicago Area

795K views 9K replies 178 participants last post by  04eatmefxt 
#1 ·
Just figured I'd start the new Chicagoland thread for the Central forum.

The folks of the midwest on nasioc.com meet in various areas around Chicagoland on thursday evenings. Always nice to have a good Forester turnout.

If you're from the area, chime in!

#65 ·
Funny thing is that I only know one other guy (Frank Zuccharini) who's modified his Forester outside of the suspension, and I've ony met him once.

When I got the FXT and started showing up to the meets two years ago, I asked if it was okay because the group was mainly composed of Impreza owners. I knew that my car would be the ugly duckling, but I got a good reception. I've been showing up ever since. Achilles drives an NA, Scoobyslack drives an FXT with suspension, as well as Drvrswntd.

It would be cool if there is a consistent group of Foresters that show up. There is definitely a lot of knowledge being shared as well as comraderie.

#89 ·
Changing the timing belt sucks and if it's done wrong it mess up your whole motor. Definitely should be done by someone w/lots of experience, it will be hard to find someone to do that as a side job.
I can think of one guy over on nasioc, HndaTch627, who could do it as a side job.

#93 ·
Wow - I haven't been here for a couple weeks, and it looks like not that many other people did either! :icon_wink:

I need to get the new suspension on the FXT soon... do you hear me Achilles? :biggrin:
When are you going to make it to one of the meets? I wanna check-out your ride, and you can ask Achilles yourself about a new suspension. :wink:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.