Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Chicago Area

795K views 9K replies 178 participants last post by  04eatmefxt 
#1 ·
Just figured I'd start the new Chicagoland thread for the Central forum.

The folks of the midwest on nasioc.com meet in various areas around Chicagoland on thursday evenings. Always nice to have a good Forester turnout.

If you're from the area, chime in!

#46 ·
I love meeting new car people especially subie ones. But I live in the Indy area and Chi-town is a little bit of a drive for me. I'd like to see a group or people maybe meeting up for a picnic bbq or something. Maybe a subaru car show.

#52 ·
And whose may that be?

Not sure how I never saw this before, I was actuallty wondering if there was an active Midwest / Chicago thread on here...

Consider me out of the closet...?

frogmonk Quote:

There's gotta be others out there in the closet with their Foresters.

Hear that, we need you to come out!!
Hey, good to have another Chicagoan. How about coming out to the Thursday meets?

#51 ·
Doh!!!

Not sure how I never saw this before, I was actuallty wondering if there was an active Midwest / Chicago thread on here...

Consider me out of the closet...?

frogmonk Quote:

There's gotta be others out there in the closet with their Foresters.

Hear that, we need you to come out!!

#60 ·
Achilles keeps asking if I'll come - maybe with a smaller group I'd feel more comfortable. Felt like a big outsider when I showed up a couple times with the WRX...:icon_frown:
I don't remember seeing you. But if it'll reassure you, there were only eight people that showed up Thursday night.

Maybe we could do an install day with us forester people....you're going to get stuff for your suspension right?
I'm in for this, but you already knew that.

#70 ·
Yeah, I plan on doing something similar to what Achilles has - but in a more convoluted way. I've been bugging a couple people on this forum (specifically jeebus) about a suspension set up that kind of fell into my lap. It's not going to be a direct swap like Achilles, but the concept is the same. WRX sedan struts, wagon springs, etc. I am going to tackle a little step-by-step with photos since the research has been long and arduous, and I think that it will help somewhat for newbies (like me)! :icon_rolleyes:

#59 ·
Just got back from tonight's meet. Drvrswntd made it out. Nice meeting up with another FXT owner.

The Thursday meets aren't that big these days, esp. because of the weather.

I'd be up for an all Forester meet, but I'm maily available on weeknights. Thursday is still the best night for me. The guys at the nasioc meets are nice and friendly, and like any other group, it'll take a few times to get to know people and their names.

I'd say that since there are very few of us, those who've not attended the Thursday nasioc meet should give it a shot before we do a separate meet.

#63 ·
For whatever it is worth, and from a n00b perspective, last night's group was very low-key and welcoming. FrogMonk especially made sure I was included and introduced (thanks for that), and there are some really nice scoobs with some pretty smart owners in Schaumburg on thursdays.

Definitely worth repeat visits, and certainly worth a try if you are available.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.