Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Real Troubles

899 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  NK2201 
#1 · (Edited)
Forester Problems

Bought A new 2015 forester the end of January 2015 since then its been back to the dealership 4 times and a total of 36 days for the same alignment issue of pulling to the right. The dealer says nothing wrong, SOA {Subaru of America} says operating as its suppose to.
Had three different alignment guys look at alignment printout all say the caster is off and you will have a pull to the right. Anyone had any luck is getting SOA to admit they built a car with a problem patience wearing thin.
Caster is not a adjustable feature on a front wheel drive Subaru with out altering original features...............

#2 ·
Take it to another subaru dealer. Complain to subaru of america.

Bought my 2013 2.5x i brought it back 4 days in a row saying it issues with the steering wheel vibrating and pulling. They said 1st time its how new subarus drive, 2nd cant find anything but u have a aftermarket roof rack. Take it off then come back. 3rd time no roof rack same thing nothing is wrong. 4th time new dealer- within 10 minutes ur rim is bent most likely from unloading during transport. Here is a loaner $25 in gas give it a few days.

Additional-Few weeks went by recieved free tire rotation oil change at original dealer from soa. Never went back to the dealer i bought it from after and never will.

#5 ·
That is a little much for a new car in my mind though I'm no expert. Ride height also can affect caster, have the whole suspension on that side checked. My accident damaged Forester only has a -.2 degree difference, which I determined was because the passenger side sits very slightly lower (drivers front suspension is 2 years newer than the right side which explains the slight sag). To see if the frame is to blame you could get it laser measured at a reputable collision repair center.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.