Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

forester to impreza pitch stop length

('03-'05) 
3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Daemione 
#1 ·
I am doing a spacer block removal and impreza subframe\suspension swap on my foz. I would like to know if I need to swap the pitch stop with the impreza one? I cant seem to figure out if the impreza and forester pitch stops are the same length. I assume the impreza one is shorter due to the lack of subframe spacers. I have access to either an oem or kartboy pitch stop used. any good reason to spend the extra $$ for the kartboy one other than bling? i just have the 2.5na engine.

thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
Not a new thread, I know - but since I happened to have both pitch stops sitting in front of me I figured I'd measure & throw up a couple pictures.

So the Forester pitch stop is a little longer - but only by about 7mm. Center to center, the Impreza one measures in at 170mm, and the Fozzy at 177mm. Even though the length is different, I bet you could run the Forester length dogbone without the subframe spacers, there should be enough adjustability in the mount. For what it's worth, I ran an Sti one in my Forester for years before raising the subframe.

One caveat - the Impreza pitch stop I have on hand came off of a JDM 99-00 transmission. Pretty slim chance it's different, but I figured I should mention it. Next time I have my intercooler off (probably soon), I'll pull off my Sti one for a quick comparison.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.