Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

09 Forester Alignment

3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Opie 
#1 ·
My 09 Forester has less than 6,000 miles, and the today I noticed the alignment is off. The car pulls slightly to the right going down the road. Has anyone had this happen to them? 6k miles seems a little early for needing an alignment. To my knowledge the car has never hit anything and we haven't taken it off-road.

What gives? :shrug:

#2 ·
In my experience a lot of new Subies roll off the delivery truck with messed up alignments... supposedly it has something to do with the way they're tied down during transport. Might not hurt to get it checked/fixed. Your dealership should be able to fix it at no charge within the initial adjustment period (first 12 months of ownership I believe).

#5 ·
That was the first thing I checked. I've been warned about dealing with an AWD vehicle. Rotate the tires every 5k, keep an eye on air, and when it comes time to get new tires, all four will go at the same time. :icon_eek:

Thanks to you all. I will get the car in for an alignment soon.

#6 ·
yea, a couple months back i changed two tires, just to realize recently a couple weeks back that the other two got wore down ALOT, so I had to change all four after that :yell:

So it was a waste of money, lesson learned, CHANGE ALL FOUR AT ONCE! ugh

#11 ·
Pulling - The car is physically pulling the steering wheel in one direction or another.

Drifting - Car moves slightly in one direction or another.

Several things can cause a drift; tire pressure, road surface, tire wear, tire conicity...all with the alignment set correctly. Plus Subaru's are set to drift slightly right (towards the side of the road) in case the driver loses consciousness.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.