Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

my 4 pot overhaul

('03-'05) 
2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  hueyduey 
#1 · (Edited)
Started out getting a good price on these from a JDM guy on ebay, seems like more jdm subarus come with them.

they were black, sanded them a bit, and prepped them for painting. blue masking tape around each piston and hung them up with old audio amp power cable (whatever was avail) . Easier to spray them when they are suspended in air.

Went to the local nation wide auto parts retailer and picked up blue and clear engine spray paint.

As instructed I hit the calipers with a coat every ten minutes for an hour. Intervals vary based on air temps and other variables. To get the finish I got I had to alternate between the blue and the clear engine enamel between coats. Afterwards I let the paint cure for 7 days. Then I repeated the process for another hour and seven days curing.

Took me a while to source the specific decal, a company in the UK does them about twenty dollars mailed. They are suppose to be heat resistant. They have specific instructions on application but kinda hard to do as they instruct, on the 4 pots. I decided to not use the two white lines that normally come with the factory calipers.

pic of decal application.
and finally the end result.

just ordered the rebuild kit, figured might as well. Have a new set of Hawk HPS and brembo blanks rotors to go along with them. Might get SS lines, cant afford new ones right now.

will post again when i do the rebuild and eventual mounting.

See less See more
#4 ·
i have 5mm ichiba spacers was hoping I wouldn't need them. If i run spacers goin to spring for the ARP studs. Heard bad things about the studs ichiba studs.

was thinking of doing a clear coat over the decals.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.