post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2010
Car Model: FXT
Transmission: Auto4
Gallery: 0
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Brake Fluid Performance?

Is there a difference in braking performance between Ate Blue racing fluid and a good regular fluid. Is that the racing fluid has higher boiling point and will not fad a high temps. Does it effected the feel or pressure, change with racing fluid? Just trying to see if it is really necessary to run racing fluid for my type of driving especially that live in a much colder climate.

2010FXT- Stage2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year: 03
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: 5 MT
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff04FXT View Post
Is there a difference in braking performance between Ate Blue racing fluid and a good regular fluid. Is that the racing fluid has higher boiling point and will not fad a high temps. Does it effected the feel or pressure, change with racing fluid? Just trying to see if it is really necessary to run racing fluid for my type of driving especially that live in a much colder climate.
A racing fluid won't give you a firmer pedal. Brake fluid and water (which brake fluid attracts) are non compressible. The only advantage is the boiling point. Racing brake fluids also generally have a higher wet boiling point (boiling point when a lot of water has been absorbed), which means you could run them longer without them boiling. ATE has a very nice wet boiling point.

Or for half the money, you can do twice the flushes with regular cheapy brake fluid!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: 4EAT
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I just bought some ATE blue because of brake fade. Part of the problem was my pads, but on top of that I was boiling the fluid. It doesn't help with day-to-day driving, but if you like to carve up the mountain roads it's definitely worth it.

04 X a/t
14 Sonic w/turbo & row-your-own tranny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Brakes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Forester Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.