2007 Forester front brakes - first time
Early this year I bought an '07 Forester with manual trans and @ 95,000 miles on it. Pre-purchase mech said it would need front brakes soon. Good records with regular maintenance, but nothing ever done to the brakes.
New to Subaru, and don't do heavy auto mech work, (do everything on a '74 MGB, tho) but skills should be adequate for a brake job. It's not primary family driver, but use it for light towing and hauling dogs & stuff. Not likely to see 5,000 miles/year. Love it. Seen the brake change video. Questions:
1. Assume that rotors need changing - right?
2. Subaru brakes & pads or auto parts store stuff?
3. Anything other than pads & rotors that I should just go ahead and order?
4. Brakes were flushed at 94,400. Change fluid anyway?
5. Any "gotchas" for a newbie?