Is it too early to start planning?
We're looking to follow mostly the same (but slightly improved) format as last year with a gathering & dinner the night before for those visiting from out-of-town, and a drive the next day.
There will be two groups:
1. Touring and Tasting group - we will start in Petaluma and have a pleasant drive, occasional stops at wineries, a lunch break to refresh, and an enjoyable tour of the Napa and Sonoma valleys ending at Lake Sonoma near Healdsburg at a BBQ location.
2. Drivers Group - starts in Petaluma as well, but at a separate "launch point". Not for the faint of heart, the weak of stomach, or people who believe they are driving fast when they're @ or below the speed limit.
This will be an enjoyable quick-paced tour. There will be basic stops for fuel at predetermined locations, a short lunch break (read 30 minutes or less), and a LOT of backroads to be explored. The route itself is still being planned out for the least travelled roads in Northern California including Marin, Sonoma, and Mendocino Counties. This will be for those of you NOT concerned about expending a little fuel while having fun. Because of this, there will be NO STOPS FOR WINE TASTING!! Also, because of safety concerns, please no children (I'll relate the story behind that, if you want to hear it) in the Driver Group.
The drivers group will end at the same park for the BBQ, hopefully not too far ahead/behind of the touring group.
There will be a $10/person charge to cover the catered BBQ and park fees to help offset the costs.
BTW, this IS open to Subarus of different varieties, but we are catering to the Foresters, SVX's and the Legacies in particular.
So far we have:
- GeorgeofSacramento - touring
- The Wraith ?? - drivers
- silverghost - touring
- Jackhammerhb - goat trail runner
- ferretboy - turbo smackdown artist
- eltobol (Chris & Lorena) - touring
- keyser soze - marathon drivers
- Cisko - drivers
- Eclipse - drivers
- Elmhurst - touring
- Northwest Tan - drivers
- pieboy - drivers
- RallySTI - drivers
- SKSTI - drivers
Please feel free to post here if you want to be added, or if plans change.
BTW, for those of you who want a hotel room for Friday/Saturday nights, please let us know early. We're planning on starting the meet around 8am, and after 7-8 hours of driving, you may want to consider a hotel for the night before, and the night of the event, so you don't have too much driving to do afterward.
If you need a hotel room, Roo has set aside a block of rooms at the Inn Marin in Novato at a $99 special rate. Simply call and tell them that you have a group code. The code is: SUBU, and that code will get you in at the group rate.