Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

AC pressure switch

('09-'13) 
18K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rustfarmer 
#1 ·
Need help. I am trying to locate a AC high pressure switch. I believe mine to be faulty. The dealer only sells this thing as a unit with the entire tubing section and the switch attached. It makes no sense. The pressure switch screws off and there should be a schrader valve in the line. why do I need to replace a perfectly good ac line--and have the system evacuated to do so,when the damn switch looks replaceable by itself.

Any thoughts?

2009 Forester X
260,000 miles

#2 ·
LH side of the engine. As for the replacement of the assembly rather than just the valve, it's how Subaru receives the part (p/n 73431FG012) from FHI and how it is listed in the parts catalog. It could be a manufacturing spec to satisfy a EPA regulation to prevent refrigerant leaks or something like that.

I recommend you get the system repaired and serviced by a licensed technician anyway. It will ensure that the work is done correctly and will prevent other, more costly, components of the HVAC system from failing prematurely.

Attachments

#3 ·
A/C pressure switch

This part is a common failed part on all makes. You can use a jumper wire to test if this fixes your problem. You are also correct that there is usually a schrader valve below the switch so you can r&r without losing freon. Any good parts store should be able to supply a replacement. If you don't have a set of ac gauges, many parts stores will have them in their loan-a-tool program. There are hazards in servicing ac systems, so either buy a book or make sure you have the needed knowledge before you make major repairs to prevent injury and avoid venting freon to the atmosphere.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.