Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2002 - ECU Pinouts?

('01-'02) 
10K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  DanChristos 
#1 ·
I hope this is in the right forum.
Does anyone have a pinout diagram for the ECU 22611 AG630 or know a good website to use to download one.
I want to locate the ground wire. I assume it is a black wire but want to be sure.
2002 2.5l non turbo.
Regards,
Mark

#5 ·
Thanks for the help but I couldn't tell from the diagrams which wire going into the ECU is the ground for the Cam position sensor. I have no continuity on the ground going to the cam sensor so I wanted to run a wire from the cam sensor directly to the ECU just to check if there is a break in the ground somewhere. I think I am in over my head. I have been tinkering with it on and off for a month now and its probably time I put it on a truck and sent it to Subaru.

#6 ·
@Bondogs on the wiring PDF I linked you to, did you look at page 35?

Australian models years don't always match ours here in the States. Is your '02 an SF or SG?
Take a look at this new member post. Says '02, but here in the States it would be an '03... SG Forester!

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

#7 ·
Hi Bobby,
Sorry for the time in replying I have been really busy this weekend and haven't had time to look at the car.
Pretty sure its an SG built date is 12/02.
Thanks for sending the links. I found the cam and Crank sensors on P35 and thats when I realised it is too complicated for me. I had no Idea what B134, B135 and B 136 are. I think they represent the pin configurations on the ECU ports. My ECU has 4 ports. Is the ECU in the link the same as mine, 22611 AG630.

There are only 3 black wires going into the ECU but I'm worried I might damage it if I piggyback onto the wrong one.

I have spark to the plugs but no pulse to the injectors. Fuel pump works fine but there is no continuity on the ground wire that connects to the Cam position sensor. I'm pretty sure that the problem is with this ground or with the ECU itself and was looking for an easy way to test the ground isn't broken somewhere between the Cam sensor and the ECU before I spend money on an ECU. I've been trying to get one from a wreckers but having no luck getting the same model. Not sure what else it could be. I'm open to suggestions.

I couldn't open the attachment in wtdash post.
Regards,
Mark

#8 · (Edited)
Before you start going all in on an ECU spend some time doing the electrical diag to prove that it's the ECU rather than a poor ground, harness break, or pinout. Check for continuity starting at the injector harness moving back towards the ECU as well as inspecting the connections themselves.

The attachments should help get you going. Good luck!

Attachments

#9 ·
Thanks Mook.
Just had a quick look at those attachments. It has really good explanations of the abbreviations used for wiring so I have printed it all off and should get a bit of time over the next few days to do a bit more testing. I appreciate the time you guys have taken to find info and send the attachments.
Mark

I can't find the main relay. Where should I look and what colour will it be. I thought I was looking for a brown relay near the fuse box under the ignition behind the coin tray. 2002 SG

Found it on the passenger side beside the blower fan. Checked out the relay is ok.

I had a bit of help from a Mechanic (mate of a mate) on the weekend. Checked a heap of sensors, fuses, Relays and wires in the engine wiring harness. Couldnt check continuity back to the ECU as I think the pinouts supplied by Mook and Bobby are a different ECU. The Mech thinks it unlikely that the issue would be a broken wire between the firewall and the ECU. I will continue to get to the bottom of the problem through my other thread as it is more appropriate to the problem. Thanks, I'm really appreciative of the info I was given here.

Got Spark but no Injector Pulse - SOLVED!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.