NOTE: You must be registered for a minimum of 15 days to be able to post new threads in any of the Classifieds section forums. If your user title reads "New User" (registered less than 15 days) you can reply to other members' threads, but not yet start your own.
General Selling Rules
Safe Buying/Selling Guidelines
- This forum is intended for private, member to member classified listings only - absolutely no vendor posts or listings of commercial nature.
- The item(s) you are selling must be yours and currently in your possession; please, no selling on behalf of non-members or offering items you have yet to acquire.
- You may not sell any items you produce or services you provide; this is considered vending, and you must obtain vendor status before doing so.
- You must be an active member of the community (i.e. regularly participate in areas of the forum other than the classifieds) and have the common courtesy to update your classified listing(s) and/or respond to inquiries and posts in your thread(s) within a reasonable amount of time. Any classified thread that has not had any seller participation in 30 days or more is subject to closure. Members who use the classifieds forum as nothing more than their personal "greensheet" and fail to show contructive participation in other areas of the forum are subject to having their classifieds privileges revoked.
- A detailed description of the item(s) for sale must be provided in your thread. Please do not post links to FS threads on other sites, Craigslist posts, ebay listings, etc. in lieu of providing your own complete description.
- Your listing must include an asking price.
- No auction-style selling, please - this isn't ebay.
- Maximum of three (3) active classifieds threads per member, per classifieds forum. Members with more than three active listings must combine their items to comply with this, or a moderator may do it for you.
- You may bump your classifieds thread(s) once per day.
- After your item is no longer available, please update your thread accordingly by marking your listing as SOLD. You may also use the "report post" button (triangle with exclamation mark) to ask the staff to close your thread.
- Items that are not to be sold in the classifieds include weapons of any kind, alcohol, tobacco, animals, gift cards, illegal copies of software, repair manuals, etc., and non-tangible items (e.g. online game accounts).
Attention Paypal Users:
We highly advise against using Paypal's "Gift" option as a means of payment for an item.
- Anyone who engages in a monetary transaction with another member of this forum does so at their own risk. For your own protection, deal only with those members who have established a good reputation, or someone who has been recommended by other members whom you trust.
- Sellers should provide accurate and pertinent information on their item(s) for sale to minimize misunderstandings and false expectations. Item descriptions should include at a minimum:
- Item brand and model
- Part number (if available)
- Condition (new/used, good, fair, blemished, etc.)
- Asking price
- Shipping availability
- Any defects or issues the buyer should be aware of
- Pictures are not required, but highly suggested for the same reasons as above. You can post images using the "Manage Attachments" feature in the post editor, or use free hosting services like imgur or TinyPic.
- Buyer and seller should agree on all transaction and shipping details before any money is exchanged.
- Items should only be shipped via major carriers (ex. FedEx, UPS, DHL, USPS) unless another viable carrier is agreed upon by both parties.
- Items should be insured for their approximate value.
- Items should be packaged well to prevent damage during shipment.
- If available, seller should provide buyer with tracking information.
- If contact with seller is lost, buyer should file a dispute with Paypal after 3 unsuccessful contact attempts.
- Any questionable or suspicious threads or posts should be reported immediately using the "Report Post" button.
Gifts have no attachment to goods/services, and this can be a problem not only for the buyer, but also the seller.
- For example, if you sell an item to someone and ask them to "gift" the payment to you to avoid paying fees, you have virtually no protection if the buyer files an "Unauthorized" dispute, i.e. claims that he/she did not authorize the payment. 99% of the time Paypal will immediately refund the payment to the buyer, and the seller will be out their item as well as the amount they were temporarily paid for it, with no recourse.
- If you're a buyer who "gifted" their payment for an item, and the item gets damaged during shipment, or the seller fails to make good on the transaction, Paypal's buyer protection policy does not apply.
Please be smart... saving a few bucks on fees is not worth dealing with either of these scenarios.
itrader Feedback System
The itrader system is to be used for buyer/seller feedback only after an actual transaction has occurred
. It is not meant to provide an outlet to vent frustration if your offer wasn't accepted by a seller, if an item you were hoping to buy was sold to someone other than you, or similar instances.
The system is also not intended to be used for retaliatory purposes when someone leaves a negative rating for you. When BOTH users leave each other negative feedback, the forum staff is automatically notified, and usually one (sometimes both) of those feedback ratings is DELETED. If the transaction went sideways and you were rated negative, consider leaving NO feedback for the other party rather than trying to redeem your honor. If you feel that a negative rating was undeserved or left in violation of these guidelines, please REPORT the rating, rather than retaliate with negative feedback for the other party.