Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

What did you do to your subie today?

2M views 19K replies 3K participants last post by  Rumrunner 
#1 ·
Thought it would be fun to start a thread on everyday things we do here and there to our beloved Subarus. The weather is getting nicer, so I'm sure we will all be outside more tinkering on our cars.
(if this is a repost, please delete it)

Today has been a busy day for me! Got my Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 tires in yesterday from Tirerack for the Sti and had them mounted and balanced today by a real cool guy off of Nasioc. If anyone wants his info in the PNW PM me. He runs a legit business out of his home doing tire stuff n such, for a really good deal. But let me tell ya, these tires are STICKY!!! They pick up gravel everywhere but they are SOOOoo nice! It feels like a different car

When I got back from joyriding the STi in it's new tires, I washed the Forester (for the second time this week) and finally got around to hand waxing it. Looks pretty, but boy is there a lot of bumps and bruises on it!

What did you guys do to the subarus today?? :biggrin:

#10 · (Edited)
Busy day with the Foz:
  • Took the kids to daycare (they were mad at me, so they called the Foz "big nose" hoping to make me sad!)
  • Decided to take a day off due to the unusualy nice weather (+15 Celsius with full sun vs. normal of 3 Celciius) which prooved to be an excellent decision
  • Picked up Cambridge audio receiver and sub at repair shop
  • Headed to Lac Phillippe (Gatineau Park) for the last XC ski run of the year + some mud fun
Went to local garage for spring maintenance:

- Summer wheels (Forester Sport STI wheels) installed
- Spring inspection
- AMSOIL SSO 0W30 Oil + filter change
- Swaybar squeeking fixed
- Engine block heater installed (I know, don't ask!!) + coolant fluid replaced

That's it. Great day!!

#13 ·
Took mine to work and back home... Then off on a trip down I-70 up to Pennsylvania (Planning to see Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water Tomorrow), aka the trip to Uniontown PA was nothing but amazing views from hill/mountain tops, forests, lakes, rivers, etc.... Definitely something I don't get to see from all the Commercial and business in MoCo Maryland...

#51 ·
This. Well, I ran it up to 5500-6k. Funny thing was, it ran much more smoothy afterwards. Wanky piston rings. Will be glad to get rid of those this summer.

Also gave it a full detail... claybar, wax... the white is actually showing reflections, which is incredible. Normally you don't see them. Gonna rain tomorrow, but I don't care. :smile:

The Foz had a low tire again. Put air in it. Dusted the car off and ran over it with quick detailer. Then my sister drove it down to Corinth.

#19 ·
Drove my sis to school, came back home, an hour and a half later drove myself to school. Drove home after school, shed some tears at the thought of this possibly being the last weekend I'll "have" the Fozzie, then drove to work; then I drove to another of our ski shops to pick up skis for a customer, made it back to my shop in record time, and finally, drove home and hopped on the forums =]

#34 ·
:confused:

You must be joking, right? Unless you're talking about a bunch of soldiers coming up from Camp Pendleton and forcing you off the road, I can't see how a "Marine layer" can make you catch your front bumper.

:shake:

Perhaps it's the same way that guy in San Diego says his runaway Prius was really out of control... :shrug:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.