Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

New Forester owner / vanity plates

6K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Subiespokane 
#1 ·
Last weekend my husband and I purchased a 2006 Forester LL Bean edition. It only has 63K miles on it, so we are looking forward to many years of adventures on the road. This is our second Subaru. We had a 1997 Subaru Outback with 222K. :)

We are looking for a name for our vehicle; as well as possible vanity plate ideas. The Foz is green, so I was thinking of KERMIT, but that vanity plate is already taken in our state of WA. My dad used to have a green 56 pickup that he used to call Green Bean. I thought it would be fun to resurrect this name since that Forester is a LL Bean edition, but GRNBEAN is taken. I thought maybe something like STRGBEAN (for string bean), but I can only use 7 characters. SUBARU2 (the 2 since it is our 2nd Subaru) is actual available.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions or recommendations?

So far I love driving the car/truck/suv (seems the Forester is called all of the above things). It is easier to drive, and I like sitting up higher on the road. Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts and ideas.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Welcome!! Nice looking "AWDFROG" (all wheel drive frog) :wink2: :grin2:

If that ^ doesn't suit, then how about "GRNWASH" (Green wash.. as in, a Green fozzy in Washington)..

Or... "1WCFROG" (1 West Coast Frog) :lol:

Or... "ADVFROG" (Adventure Frog) or "FROGADV" (Frog Adventure)

I am sure you can come up with a few more... :nerd:

#10 ·
GRNFOZ

Nice looking Foz! If it's a 4EAT automatic, now is the time to do a complete transmission service, that includes dropping the pan, changing the filter and inspecting the bottom of the pan for metal filings or other signs of trouble. You will only get about half of the old ATF out that way, so you will need to do several drains/refills (dropping pan again not needed) to get the AFT mostly new. If you have the tools and can do an oil change, this is something you can do yourself and save a lot of $$.

Also, the coolant is due to be changed at 50,000 miles. If that wasn't done either, be sure to do so (another important but often over looked maintenance item). In both cases, if in doubt if these services were done previously, do them now!

With only 63k on the clock, you have a lot of life left in this car - providing you do the maintenance. Good luck!

#11 ·
Thanks for all the great suggestions! My husband thought of Evergrn, since Washington is known as the Evergreen state, and there are plenty of forests and trees around. Also ANTEASY or AINTEZY - for it ain't easy being green. No decisions made on a name or license plate yet.

The dealership where we bought the Forester is owned by our longtime independent Subaru mechanic. We got a list of what he had done to the car before it was put out on the car lot. He replaced the head gasket, timing belt, and the water pump. I believe the tranny fluid was done as well, but I would need to look at the list. The malfunctioning moonroof was replaced. I know there was also some type of wheel bearing work done as well. Valve gaskets were also replaced. That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Looking forward to many years and miles of happy driving.

#13 ·
Vehicle name / vanity plates / work performed

I would have thought that EVERGRN was taken, but it isn't. EVRGRN is though, wish is kind of strange.

I mentioned to my husband that we could call the foz Gump, and get 4ESTGMP as our license plate. He likes it, but I'm still undecided.

I looked at the list of what our mechanic did on the car.

R & R Cylinder Heads
Change Transmission Fluid & Filter
R & R Front Bearing
R & R Rear Wheel Bearing (one side)
Install Sunroof
Head gasket / timing belt / water pump
Thermostat
Spark plugs
Cam seals / intake manifold gasket / valve cover gasket
antifreeze

#15 ·
Vanity plates / forester name

Those are fun names. We finally got our normal plates this week. AWH and 2 sets of repeative numbers.

I like Evergreen, but today I thought of the name Fern, which we have a lot o in forests in the PNW. I couldn't tell if my hubby liked the name though. His response, 'yeah, that would be okay.', but that's what he says about most names that I suggest.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.