Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Forester STI

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  stan_t 
#1 ·
The Forester STI would be a great product. My complaint is that Subaru is not making the XT versions of the Forester in adequate numbers. Dealership seldom have them and I don't want to be bidding against 3 other people to buy one.
I sent a note to Subaru, on their site stating that. Their repy was that the XT were in short supply. Well great, I already know that.

Solution: If we want to see more performance products, like the XT and STI versions of the Forester, we need to ask for them.

Go the to Subaru site and send them an email stating that you would you are not seeing an adequate number of performance versions at the dealers.

If they get enough requests, we will probably see more cars.

#9 ·
I just checked the online inventories of dealers in my general part of the country, and 17 of 349 Foresters were XTs (about 5%).
Whenever I stop in for service, they seem pretty amazed that I have a new Forester with a turbo...and list in the paperwork that they put 0W20 in it, although they will swear face to face that they used 5W30.

#6 ·
Subaru has suggested that the previous gen XTs were about 10% of total sales. I wouldn't be surprised that the new one is doing better (it's a stronger offering), but I don't think sales have been publicly broken down.

The dealer I drive by every day never has more than 1-2 XTs on the lot (most days, none), and they never sit for more than a week.

#8 ·
Prefer the genuine article myself. :icon_wink:

Also, how do you do that with the newer models, as no actual STi exists (yet) to benchmark to, so it's just a modified XT.

Nothing wrong with that, indeed there are some excellent modified XTs out there which outperform my STi. They're still not STi's though.

#11 ·
My local dealer currently only has 1 new Forester in stock and it is a XT. They have 12 incoming, 2 are XTs. When I check the inventory online, always about 12 incoming, rarely are there any on the lot. When I bought mine, had to be dealer traded from Chicago. There was not a single new Forester on the lot at the time.

Furthermore, took 18 hours to sell my '05 manual FXT that I traded. Sales consultant had multiple parties interested, supposedly two different parties from out of state fought over it. Curious if that is true, but why would consultant BS me about that, as all numbers were finalized.

Back in '04 when I bought the '05, car had been on the lot for a few weeks. Walked in, they practically gave the car to me. There was a significant rebate on it, too, IIRC. How times have changed. Car was AWESOME, but there was little demand for it back then.

If the concept STI were to be available in the US, I would seriously think about becoming a 2 Forester family. Tempted to get a 2nd XT as it is.

#13 ·
Better suspension, better AWD, stiffer chassis, stronger transmission, better brakes and more power is what I would expect from an STi Forester. That would easily add 10K to the price tag. Would many buy it considering paint, sheet metal etc would still be as cheap as it is now?

Stan

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.