post #1 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
Contributing Member

Car Year: 2015
Car Model: Forester XT Touring
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Fellow Subaru Ambassadors, Assemble!

I'm willing to bet there's a few more Subaru Ambassadors on this page, so post up if you are part of the "crew"! I'm interested to see how other Forester owner/Ambassadors do things around the country. Me, I just pretend mine's a WRX, and keep doing what I did when I owned a WRX.

What are you guys and gals doing with your new allotments?

MikeRevz likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year: 2008
Car Model: XS
Transmission: 4EAT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Here's one @Seanyd78 and another @Rescuer and another @Peaty oh and @Athens Turbaru , @JStodd555 , let's see if there's some others that haven't announced their Ambassador-ship .

fresh-white likes this.
post #3 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Admin

Car Year: 2014
Transmission: CVT
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
@Kevinmai712 is also an ambassador, but may soon be a traitor...

Lifted 2014 XT Touring Ice Silver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

post #4 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2005
Car Model: Forester XS
Transmission: A/T
So I never heard of that until now when I went...uhh...that's a thing? and googled it. They should give that to every Baja owner out there. I don't get a second look in the Foz but we can barely get gas without being asked about the Baja lol. Of course that kind of proves they screwed up in killing it off...The page doesn't exactly describe what the program is though...

2005 Forester XS 2004 Forester XT 2006 Baja sport
post #5 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year: 2008
Car Model: XS
Transmission: 4EAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeen View Post
So I never heard of that until now when I went...uhh...that's a thing? and googled it. They should give that to every Baja owner out there. I don't get a second look in the Foz but we can barely get gas without being asked about the Baja lol. Of course that kind of proves they screwed up in killing it off...The page doesn't exactly describe what the program is though...
Subaru Ambassadors? Very closely modelled after the Stonecutters and the Freemasons (even spell check won't correct that) but even more secretive. Maybe someday, somebody will dare reveal the Ambassadors secret handshake or other rituals.
post #6 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Subassador
Contributing Member

Car Year: 2017
Car Model: Tacoma DCSB TRD OR
Transmission: 6MT!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeen View Post
They should give that to every Baja owner out there. I don't get a second look in the Foz but we can barely get gas without being asked about the Baja lol.
I can't argue with that! We have one of each, too, and the Baja is definitely the attention-getter of the two.

For the OP, I haven't ordered anything yet, but I have some ideas for what/how to give away goodies:
1. Bandannas, frisbees, water bowls, etc. at an upcoming humane society fundraiser.
2. Cowbells at the Twilight cycling events (road and mtn) if I can get them in time.
3. Surprise goodie bags for owners. This will probably be my favorite.
4. A few items like hats and water bottles to throw in the raffle prize pool at our next SORBA (Southern Off Road Biking Association) fund raiser. We've already worked with the Subaru trail building team before, so this should be a nice addition.

Looking forward to sharing ideas, and not just from other ambassadors!
good dog and Raz007 like this.

17 Taco TRD OR 6MT(Mine) 16 XV(Hers)
14 FXT & 05 Baja XT 5MT w/ VF39+(Sold)
post #7 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 06:23 PM
Admin

Car Year: 2014
Transmission: CVT
Garage
@PNWXT is also an ambassador. Just upgraded to an XT from an XV hybrid.
PNWXT likes this.

Lifted 2014 XT Touring Ice Silver

-

post #8 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: 2.5i Premium
Garage
Most of the stuff I give away is for non-car related stuff.

My sister-in-law adopted a rescue Bulldog recently and since her and her husband a huge Subaru fans, I gave the rescue some Bandannas and Frisbees for the other dogs.

I give a bunch of stuff out at the events my church does:
- At the yearly 5K run for charity. I gave out Subaru water bottles to the participants.
- At the end of the year church picnic, I gave out a bunch of the bubble wands to the kids.

The only car related so far has been giving some stuff out to coworkers who are also fellow Subaru owners. It was a nice surprise for them coming out to the parking lot after work and finding a bag of Subaru swag waiting on their vehicle for them. 2 of the outback owners were ecstatic as I included a matching die-cast outback in their bags. It just so happens that their outbacks are the same exact color as the die cats car.

My biggest suggestion for new ambassadors is think outside the box. Since Subaru promotes so much more than automotive related things the options are endless.
good dog and Athens Turbaru like this.

HI! I'M MR MEESEEKS! LOOK AT ME!
post #9 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 16
Car Model: FXT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJosh View Post
@PNWXT is also an ambassador. Just upgraded to an XT from an XV hybrid.
Thanks for the mention.

I will be volunteering to assist with the Oregon Trail Rally in a couple of weeks. If anyone in the PNW is going.

Subaru Ambassador

Last edited by PNWXT; 04-17-2016 at 08:23 PM.
post #10 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member
Contributing Member

Garage
Awesome! Guess there's quite a few in here. I've actually been an Ambassador for over a year, and have done some cool things in that time, including some events at Subaru dealers, Subaru's Obstacle race events, and GRC races. Last week I left a cowbell on each person's desk in our data department, and I enjoy hearing the racket down the hall whenever they celebrate something. My favorite thing to do has to be the random drops of swag onto other Subaru owner's cars at the grocery store and such. Even though I never wait around to see the reaction, I hope that it brightens their day. I can't wait until GRC Daytona in June!

post #11 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member
Contributing Member

Garage
It's also worth noting that if you are planning a large event, and contact Ambassador HQ about it early enough, they'll send you extra swag to make the event great!
post #12 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 06:58 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2012
Car Model: XT Touring
Transmission: AT
Garage
I'm going to a driving meet in a couple weeks, then a BBQ meet at the end of this month. Since I live in CA where it's warm already and people hydrate a lot, my first batch of swag was aimed at mostly water bottles, rally hats, and those carry bags (blues and black). Also got some carabiners which i figured they could be attached to the water bottles, coasters, cleaning cloths, and a shirt for me to wear to a meet.

the black bags arrived later, so they aren't in the photo. I also just received a heavy box with magazines.

check out this new color changing cup! http://i.imgur.com/bVrTDdM.png

my next round of swag might be aimed more at bbq meets since I do a bunch of those. maybe a a football and dart ball, frisbee, water bottles if people really like those, some dog stuff, lanyards, flashlights, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, hats. maybe a few of those die cast cars for people who might have those cars IRL.

there is also some kind of animal shelter charity event coming up were they have a big subaru BBQ meet for it. so that'll be perfect for a bunch of doggy swag.

*just logged into my account and noticed I already have another $150! which means I'll have a ton of swag for my upcoming meets!
kentrik likes this.

Last edited by Rescuer; 04-05-2016 at 07:24 AM.
post #13 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 07:03 AM
The Modfather

Car Year: 2016
Car Model: BRZ Limited - Manual
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I saw on the Subaru ambassador FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SubaruAmbassadors/

there are about 1,800 of us. I gave some Swag to my salesman when I got my BRZ last month which was kind of funny. He was pretty excited to get stuff. He said the only stuff he ever got was some lip balm on a Subaru Ride and Drive. When I see a Subaru in the parking lot at work, sometimes I just hang a bag on the side view mirror.
kentrik likes this.

Peaty

2016 BRZ, 2010 Leg 3.6 R, 2013 OB, 2001 Forester S and 1999 Miata
post #14 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member
Contributing Member

Garage
That color-changing cup is cool! Not too pricey though, since that's a 10 pack, it's just over $1 each. I'll have to order some of those. My girlfriend is also an Ambassador, so we try to maximize our allotments to get the most swag we can. I usually order one thing for myself, but this go-round I have all the gear that I want, so 100% of funds go towards events this time. I'll probably sit down and order over my lunch break.
post #15 of 156 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 07:24 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2012
Car Model: XT Touring
Transmission: AT
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz007 View Post
That color-changing cup is cool! Not too pricey though, since that's a 10 pack, it's just over $1 each.
just saw that! edited my post above

definitely will be ordering those. they will be fun at the next BBQ
Raz007 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > General Forums > General Forum

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode