Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Fellow Subaru Ambassadors, Assemble! (merged thread)

31K views 172 replies 71 participants last post by  Alex.F 
#1 ·
I'm willing to bet there's a few more Subaru Ambassadors on this page, so post up if you are part of the "crew"! I'm interested to see how other Forester owner/Ambassadors do things around the country. Me, I just pretend mine's a WRX, and keep doing what I did when I owned a WRX.

What are you guys and gals doing with your new allotments?

Reactions: MikeRevz
#4 ·
So I never heard of that until now when I went...uhh...that's a thing? and googled it. They should give that to every Baja owner out there. I don't get a second look in the Foz but we can barely get gas without being asked about the Baja lol. Of course that kind of proves they screwed up in killing it off...The page doesn't exactly describe what the program is though...

#8 ·
Most of the stuff I give away is for non-car related stuff.

My sister-in-law adopted a rescue Bulldog recently and since her and her husband a huge Subaru fans, I gave the rescue some Bandannas and Frisbees for the other dogs.

I give a bunch of stuff out at the events my church does:
- At the yearly 5K run for charity. I gave out Subaru water bottles to the participants.
- At the end of the year church picnic, I gave out a bunch of the bubble wands to the kids.

The only car related so far has been giving some stuff out to coworkers who are also fellow Subaru owners. It was a nice surprise for them coming out to the parking lot after work and finding a bag of Subaru swag waiting on their vehicle for them. 2 of the outback owners were ecstatic as I included a matching die-cast outback in their bags. It just so happens that their outbacks are the same exact color as the die cats car.

My biggest suggestion for new ambassadors is think outside the box. Since Subaru promotes so much more than automotive related things the options are endless.

#10 ·
Awesome! Guess there's quite a few in here. I've actually been an Ambassador for over a year, and have done some cool things in that time, including some events at Subaru dealers, Subaru's Obstacle race events, and GRC races. Last week I left a cowbell on each person's desk in our data department, and I enjoy hearing the racket down the hall whenever they celebrate something. My favorite thing to do has to be the random drops of swag onto other Subaru owner's cars at the grocery store and such. Even though I never wait around to see the reaction, I hope that it brightens their day. I can't wait until GRC Daytona in June!

#11 ·
It's also worth noting that if you are planning a large event, and contact Ambassador HQ about it early enough, they'll send you extra swag to make the event great!

#12 · (Edited)
I'm going to a driving meet in a couple weeks, then a BBQ meet at the end of this month. Since I live in CA where it's warm already and people hydrate a lot, my first batch of swag was aimed at mostly water bottles, rally hats, and those carry bags (blues and black). Also got some carabiners which i figured they could be attached to the water bottles, coasters, cleaning cloths, and a shirt for me to wear to a meet.

the black bags arrived later, so they aren't in the photo. I also just received a heavy box with magazines.

check out this new color changing cup! http://i.imgur.com/bVrTDdM.png

my next round of swag might be aimed more at bbq meets since I do a bunch of those. maybe a a football and dart ball, frisbee, water bottles if people really like those, some dog stuff, lanyards, flashlights, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, hats. maybe a few of those die cast cars for people who might have those cars IRL.

there is also some kind of animal shelter charity event coming up were they have a big subaru BBQ meet for it. so that'll be perfect for a bunch of doggy swag.

*just logged into my account and noticed I already have another $150! which means I'll have a ton of swag for my upcoming meets!

#13 ·
I saw on the Subaru ambassador FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SubaruAmbassadors/

there are about 1,800 of us. I gave some Swag to my salesman when I got my BRZ last month which was kind of funny. He was pretty excited to get stuff. He said the only stuff he ever got was some lip balm on a Subaru Ride and Drive. When I see a Subaru in the parking lot at work, sometimes I just hang a bag on the side view mirror.

#14 ·
That color-changing cup is cool! Not too pricey though, since that's a 10 pack, it's just over $1 each. I'll have to order some of those. My girlfriend is also an Ambassador, so we try to maximize our allotments to get the most swag we can. I usually order one thing for myself, but this go-round I have all the gear that I want, so 100% of funds go towards events this time. I'll probably sit down and order over my lunch break.

#16 ·
My wife and I are avid surfers, we enjoy exploring around New England camping, and I ride my MTB regularly with our dog so Ive sort of focused my allotments toward those activities.
My pooch always wears a Subaru bandana, so that's an easy conversation starter.

I've also handed out quite a few items to co-workers and neighbors as well. Lots of Subies around!

#17 · (Edited)
looks like the charity event, "2nd annual Paws for Cause", is coming up in a couple weeks! sooner than I thought! good thing i have a balance again!

this isn't my final cart yet, but I ordered a bunch of doggy items for the meet!

if anybody is in the Elk Grove, CA area, the event is on the 23rd. "Our 2nd annual car & dog event to raise goods for a local, non-profit animal shelter. Bring your dog(s) & cars out for a fun day at the park!"
https://www.facebook.com/events/460382990814297/?active_tab=posts

#20 ·
Yeah, sucks they don't do it in Canada. Maybe they don't need help selling there? I dunno.

Anyways, placed a big order today. It's always hard to plan out for the next 3 months. I need my standby stuff, but also want to be able to have enough left for GRC in Daytona. Decisions, decisions.

#21 ·
Just checked out the new stuff today. I'm trying to get the other Ambassadors in Utah to wait to order their new stuff so that we can coordinate it all for an event, something with the Humane Society or NKUT, but haven't had any luck yet. I'll probably just do my regular order. Those cups are cool. :D

Also, I really wish Subaru hadn't discontinued the card holder tray for the SG Foresters - it would be perfect for keeping my Ambassador cards in.

#22 ·
I went ahead and sent in an application, we'll see if anything comes of it. Our home zip is kind of rural so we'll see if they even consider us. I can think of a bunch of ways to give out stuff and talk up Subaru so it wouldn't be hard to do, that's for sure. Basket auctions are HUGE around here, I could probably give it all away with just those, and that's not counting any car events that are all over come summer...then there's the rescues (two friends are very involved in dog rescues and another in cat rescue)...plus kayaking (going to need a 'yak rack this year for one of the scoobies)...

#23 ·
Got my shipment of goods in. I've decided that all of my gear is going to go to strangers, not my local Subaru group. It's been fun to share with fellow enthusiasts, but now that there are other new Ambassadors in the group, I'm going to let them have their fun being the guy at the meet with all the cool stuff. As such, I've ordered a lot of water bottles, dog Frisbees, and other things to pass out to unsuspecting dog walkers and runners in my area. I've already passed out a few frisbees and dog bandannas while cruising through my neighborhood in the FXT. My hope is to see those dogs rocking the Subaru stars next time I see them!

Reactions: good dog
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.