Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

U.S. Foresters lifted

(All Years) 
438K views 155 replies 79 participants last post by  17FozzieXT 
#1 ·
Just curious how many of them are in the U.S.

See less See more
#7 ·
For normal everyday driving, there's no noticeable change in handling with the 1" lift kit. I have the front sway bar removed, but I have an STi 20mm rear sway bar, STi aluminum lateral links and Kartboy botox bolts. All I have to do is remove 2 bolts to disconnect the rear sway bar and I'm all set to go off-pavement. I'm very satisfied with the results, but I can always throw the front sway bar back on, if I want to really tighten things up. Alignment was no problem and is within OEM specs.

Here's a pic of it on 215/60-16 tires...

Check out these threads for additional pics...

Jackson Rally 1" Lift Kit

Look Ma, no sway bars!

Hankook Winter iPike W409

#130 ·
For normal everyday driving, there's no noticeable change in handling with the 1" lift kit. I have the front sway bar removed, but I have an STi 20mm rear sway bar, STi aluminum lateral links and Kartboy botox bolts. All I have to do is remove 2 bolts to disconnect the rear sway bar and I'm all set to go off-pavement. I'm very satisfied with the results, but I can always throw the front sway bar back on, if I want to really tighten things up. Alignment was no problem and is within OEM specs.

Here's a pic of it on 215/60-16 tires...
@CraigB
how's the handling compare to lowed with KYB/swift?
it's smoother? and softer?

#13 ·
I'm currently on FSTI Pinks, and after doing a bit of off roading, i'm considering adding a 1 or 2" lift on it as it stands. I'd like to retain the increase in stiffness so i'm keeping the Pinks, but maybe get more ground clearance. Just depends on how much time i'll be able to spend off roading.

#29 ·
Newberg, Or

'98 s model
lifted via kings springs, 1" strut spacers = 2.5" lift
'03 SG rear struts.
painted 15" wheels
Primitive skidplate
painted front grille
uniden cb din mount
02 forester cd weatherband radio
stock tires for now I have a set of mud terrains on the way 215/75R15

#30 ·
My setup is barely lifted over stock, but here we go:
SG struts + Swifts
2" aluminum strut spacers
215/65-16 Grabber AT2's

Just had the OEM 16s powdercoated ($40/ea!) in Tiger Drylac Argento 314 and the Grabbers were mounted less than an hour ago.

Once my struts need to be replaced I'll probably go with a King or Ironman setup.

Setup before with 225/50-17

With Grabbers

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.