Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

All show and no go...yet

('14-'18) 
2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Tomasro 
#1 ·
So I've surmised that my hearing is waaaaaaaaaay too particular, and the drone of an aftermarket exhaust is just too much for me to handle (#firstworldproblems). I've put the stock mufflers back on, but not without trying to take the aftermarket look with me.

Mockup...

Before...

My hangers were forcing the exhaust cans to be wide. They heated up the hangers and centerpipe and realigned the exhaust. This was very stressful to watch.

LOTS of measuring and aligning. Lots more than I expected.

Welding...Just a couple tack welds to keep them in place.

Result!

I used 2.5" inner diameter tips (since the stock exhaust are 2-3/8, or so I've read) with a 4" double wall slash cut
Pickup a pair HERE: Flowmaster 15395 2.5" x 4.5" Angle Cut Polished Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip

See less See more
#6 ·
Thank you!

What aftermarket exhaust did you try? I am debating on one for my 2014 XT.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Nameless Catback with muffler deletes...LOUD

Looks pretty slick. I have my q300 installed last week and it doesn't drone at all on highway but what bugs me is that it isn't aligned for both exits. I might get the q300 single exhaust exit later down the road or do what you did and get tips and go back to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You might just go look and see if a muffler shop can heat up the pipes and realign then for you. Dual always looks better than single in my book

I read in another thread that he had a nameless cbe. Super loud exhaust from what I've read and seen on YouTube

It's not terrible, but if you drive a lot on the freeway and are VERY perticular about music/sound/noise (like me) then it will bother you. Speaking of which: know anyone looking for a Nameless CBE with muffler deletes in the SF Bay area? :)

#4 ·
Looks pretty slick. I have my q300 installed last week and it doesn't drone at all on highway but what bugs me is that it isn't aligned for both exits. I might get the q300 single exhaust exit later down the road or do what you did and get tips and go back to stock.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.