Subaru Forester LED Conversion Kit! See Installed Comparison Pics! Plug & Play! - Page 3 - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 418 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Car Year: 2013
Car Model: Scion
Transmission: Manual
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Correct!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Experts in Forester Lighting
(314) 205-3033
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 418 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2015
Car Model: CRV EX
Transmission: Automatic
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm Stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Feel free to post comments or questions!
Where do you stick the "Sticky Panels" in the Interior Kit?? I did the map lights first. Stuck the sticky-panel off to the side, and tucked the wires up so they do not show through the lense.
Then I did the Dome light. The only place I could attach the sticky panel is directly under where the OEM bulb used to be. So, right onto the contacts???? Otherwise the lense would not go back on. Does this not cause the chance for a short?
OK, I'm going out and replacing the front door lights. They are regular looking bulbs, and I'm pretty sure even a dummy like me can get that right!!

Last edited by bearcrkrd; 02-13-2012 at 02:57 PM.
post #33 of 418 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Forum Member

I'm Even Stupider

OK, I'm going out and replacing the front door lights. They are regular looking bulbs, and I'm pretty sure even a dummy like me can get that right!![/QUOTE]

Well. I was wrong. I just dug a hole in the door panel under the lense. Even the Owners manual says just stick in a screwdriver with a small rag on the tip to avoid scratching, and pry. Oh, OK.... It's (the lens) still in there! But, the spot to put the screwdriver in to get leverage is now big enough to drive a Fiat 500 into.

Last edited by bearcrkrd; 02-13-2012 at 03:08 PM.

post #34 of 418 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: Forester XT
Transmission: MT
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcrkrd View Post
OK, I'm going out and replacing the front door lights. They are regular looking bulbs, and I'm pretty sure even a dumb sh** like me can get that right!!
Well. I was wrong. I just tore the S*** out of the bottom of the door panel next to the lense. Even the Owners manual says just stick in a screwdriver with a small rag on the tip to avoid scratching, and pry. Oh, OK.... It's (the lense) still in there! But, the spot to put the screwdriver in to get leverage is now big enough to drive a Fiat 500 into. I'm on the way to turning my $27,000 new car into a jalopy.[/QUOTE]

LOL...I am not laughing at you...I am commiserating with you. I know the feeling. When the small and simples wind up causing major cosmetic damage, I burst blood vessels. Good luck.
post #35 of 418 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Forum Member

I just did the Cargo Light. The whole housing popped off, not the lense. And, it didn't hurt anything. (reminded me of a Toyota headliner!) Didn't light up, so i turned it 180, and it worked. Peeled off the sticky tape, but then put it back on, leaving just a 1/4 length-wise sticky, and stuck it to the little edge/ledge in the housing. It was a breeze.
Called the number on the Web Site, and will get this figured out.

Last edited by bearcrkrd; 02-08-2012 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Calming down
post #36 of 418 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

OK... please PM with any specific issues. Lots of stuff going on in these last few posts, so I'm not sure what or what has not been figured out. Thank you!

(314) 205-3033
post #37 of 418 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Forum Member

PM sent
I have a physical problem going on. Been in pain since just after Thanksgiving. Waited 6 Weeks to go to the Doctor. It is getting better this last Week, finally! Not taking too much medication, but, thought it might be a good idea to back off. Last couple days were my Weekend, and thought that would be a good time to quit. I think I was in withdrawal Wednesday, 2/8. (Sorry Paul) Haven't figured out the Door Lens, yet.
Stage 2 Map, Dome, and Cargo look much better than OEM. Even a junkie with the bends can see that. :)

2/13/12 They look good enough I just ordered Stage 3 Map, Dome, and Trunk (Cargo).

Last edited by bearcrkrd; 02-13-2012 at 03:03 PM.
post #38 of 418 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 08
Car Model: xt
Transmission: 5MT
couldn't see, anything available for an 08 forester?
post #39 of 418 (permalink) Old 02-13-2012, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

We do not currently have a kit put together, however, you can select the bulbs you need by listing them by size. Please PM me with what stage you want and I can direct you to the correct bulbs. Thanks!

(314) 205-3033

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 02-14-2012 at 10:29 AM.
post #40 of 418 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Forum Member

Installed Stage 3 Interior Lights in Map, Dome, and Trunk/Cargo couple days ago. Dome and Trunk/Cargo Stage 3 fit better - easier than Stage 2. Boards are bigger to hold the extra lights, and they fit better. I found the larger board for the Map lights results in less area where it will adhere to. Stage 2 Map tucked into recessed spot where the whole smaller board fit. Hope they (Stage 3 Map) stay stuck.
The Stage 3 are much brighter than Stage 2, which are plenty bright. Very pleased. Don't need to wait to say so, the brightness is striking. If that's what you're looking for, and I was for the Interior only, try these!

Last edited by bearcrkrd; 02-20-2012 at 11:09 AM.
post #41 of 418 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 02:43 PM

Car Year: 2007
Car Model: FSXT / FSTI
Transmission: 6 MT
Garage
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
LED question for you Paul. Refer to this thread.

Headlight LED strips, the official thread

My questions are;

Do you offer an led kit like the ones used in that thread that does not burn out in a week?

I used this and it is junk.

WFLB series Waterproof Flexible Light Bar

Thanks

Brian

2007 Forester STI -

2007 XT Sport 4EAT -

2006 Forester XT -Sold-

2010 Forester X -
post #42 of 418 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Well we have these, which look quite similar, but based on the specs, I know they are not exactly the same. We got them in stock around last March and I haven't had anyone report them failing or burning out. Ours are also a little cheaper.

10" 24-LED Strip

(314) 205-3033
post #43 of 418 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 02:54 PM
New User

Car Year: 08
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: slushy
Cool Product!
post #44 of 418 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 06:27 AM

Car Year: 2007
Car Model: FSXT / FSTI
Transmission: 6 MT
Garage
Feedback Score: 62 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
Well we have these, which look quite similar, but based on the specs, I know they are not exactly the same. We got them in stock around last March and I haven't had anyone report them failing or burning out. Ours are also a little cheaper.

10" 24-LED Strip
Thanks Paul, let me check the size specs. If they fit I will take a set of 2.

2007 Forester STI -

2007 XT Sport 4EAT -

2006 Forester XT -Sold-

2010 Forester X -
post #45 of 418 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: forester
Transmission: autotragic
Soooo hows that conversion for the 05 forester coming?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Supporting Vendors Specials > Diode Dynamics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode