Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Subaru Forester LED Conversion Kit! See Installed Comparison Pics! Plug & Play!

150K views 446 replies 148 participants last post by  Diode Dynamics 
#1 · (Edited)

Full Interior LED Kit - Subaru Forester

At Diode Dynamics, we carry a full line of LED bulbs, to replace your Subaru Forester's map lights, license plate lights, vanity lights, trunk light, turn signals, fog lights, and more!

We carry the brightest, highest-quality bulbs at the lowest prices. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. And we do not raise the prices to astronomical levels- We're breaking that market trend, and offering you great, low prices, every day. These LED bulbs are designed by us here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Our LED Conversion Kits include all of the LED bulbs you need to replace the incandescent bulbs in your Forester, for interior and license locations. It has been tested in the Forester, for perfect fitment, and no guesswork! No modification is required for installation, you simply replace the bulbs!

Brightness. We offer three levels of brightness, or "stages." All stages will provide a sharp, modern LED look, and all include the same number of bulbs. Please be sure to read all of the following information:
  • Stage 1: Near factory brightness.
  • Stage 2: Slightly brighter than factory.
  • Stage 3: Much brighter than factory.
  • Stage 4 Flexlight: (Trunk only) This is a flexible LED strip with connector, for plug-and-play installation. It replaces your factory trunk light, and can be positioned anywhere you would like, with included velcro and adhesive.
All brightness levels are for general reference only, and apply only to the use of white LEDs. Please see the note below regarding the use of colored LEDs.

Please note that the stage 3 trunk light is often an LED board, which must be installed directly on top of the trunk light housing to achieve maximum brightness. All other lights will fit inside of the light housing with no modification. Some stage 3 interior lights use direct-replacement adapters with an LED board for maximum brightness.

Color. White is our most popular color. It is a 6000K cool LED white. We also offer yellow, green, blue, and red, at no additional charge. When making your color selections, please bear in mind that white projects the most usable light, so white will appear brighter than the same stage of a colored bulb, usually by one stage difference. For example, a red stage 3 light will have a similar usable light output as a stage 2 white light.

All products by Diode Dynamics are backed by a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a three-year limited warranty.

Need Info? Need to Order? Click Below!

(2003-2008) Subaru Forester LED Kit

(2009-2013) Subaru Forester LED Kit

(2014-2015+) Subaru Forester LED Kit

Need Info? Need to Order? Click Below!

(2003-2008) Subaru Forester LED Kit

(2009-2013) Subaru Forester LED Kit

(2014-2015+) Subaru Forester LED Kit

Questions? Post, PM or email contact@diodedynamics.com

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#28 ·
We had some really heavy rain here today (290mm or just on 12") and during this downpour I happened to be following a Flatbed Tow Truck that LED tail lights and it was bloody well hard to see them at all until through the road spray except for when he touched the brakes.
It really surprised me as I thought the LED's would have out done the standard bulbs by a large factor, but not so, well at least in heavy rain and road spray they don't.

LED's will definitely not be going outside the cabin on any vehicle I own after the above incident. What I would dearly like is a set or one of those lights the F1's have for wet weather racing.

#30 ·
any chance we could get some pics emailed on the difference between stock and stage 2 for the interior lights? Work blocks just about all file sharing sites except flickr and I'm thinking about the stage 2 mod, stage 3 seems a little too expensive at this point.

I'm guessing stage 1 is about the same as stock on brightness?

This post has been deleted
#32 · (Edited)
I'm Stupid

Where do you stick the "Sticky Panels" in the Interior Kit?? I did the map lights first. Stuck the sticky-panel off to the side, and tucked the wires up so they do not show through the lense.
Then I did the Dome light. The only place I could attach the sticky panel is directly under where the OEM bulb used to be. So, right onto the contacts???? Otherwise the lense would not go back on. Does this not cause the chance for a short?
OK, I'm going out and replacing the front door lights. They are regular looking bulbs, and I'm pretty sure even a dummy like me can get that right!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.