Forester Developers - Subaru Forester Owners Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
aka Roo & pleiad7

Car Year: 1998
Car Model: Subaru Forester
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Forester Developers

I'm here to bring you products that have been developed by the members of the Forester community - who aren't companies, and are working out of their garages. You won't find mass-produced products in here, we're the boutique vendor.

In the near future, we'll be releasing a few new products. If you're a member who has a product you've developed for the Forester, and want to sell your product, contact me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: 4EAT
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So how is this going to work? Are you a place for us to send prototypes of mods and then you produce for sale? How do you plan to pay "royalties"? This sounds like an interesting idea. Feel free to answer in a PM if you want. And.... welcome to our community.

04 X - getting a little too tired to keep beating up in the mtns
02 Pathfinder w/ only 224k miles
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Car Year: 2008
Car Model: XS
Transmission: 4EAT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrote View Post
So how is this going to work? Are you a place for us to send prototypes of mods and then you produce for sale? How do you plan to pay "royalties"? This sounds like an interesting idea. Feel free to answer in a PM if you want. And.... welcome to our community.
Currently if you have a product that you feel other members would consider buying you are not allowed to offer it for sale or guage interest unless you become a paid Supporting Vendor which may not be cost effective based on your product you would like to sell. Forester Vendors will represent and offer for sale these smaller projects for members without having to pay Vendor fees for a small fee/percentage. This will allow you I believe to guage interest and offer a group buy under the Forester Developers Vendor account with out breaking any of the forum rules.

What I don't know is if they will have a production facility available to make these parts members might want to offer or if that will be left up to the member to have these made at their own expense. I also would think that they are not interested in copying other non-current products as done by others.

And Forester Developers have been around since the beginning of time.....as we know it. I hope they're OK with my response and am sure they will clarify their intentions quickly.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Roo
Dr. Detour
Site Founder

Car Year: 98
Car Model: Forester...what else
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Here's clarification - because you hit most of the high points correctly.

IF you are a single individual (NOT a business entity) who has developed a product for the Forester platform, and would like to sell it to the community here, I'm a vendor for you to contact. Otherwise, you could contact Autoforums in order to obtain vendor status to sell your limited production product.

You send me a prototype, along with a descriptive write-up, MSRP pricing, sales expectations (single run or ongoing), and other information needed to conduct business.
I use the given write up, take photos of the product, both packaged and installed, and advertise it for sale on the board. I handle the sales of the product, you handle production and delivery of the product.

This is meant for people who can't afford the vendor fees for a one-run, small production product. This is NOT meant as a place to throw in suggestions about products that you'd like to see built - unless you're building them yourself.

Please feel free to support our Subaru parts vendors here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Supporting Vendors Specials > Forester Developers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode