Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

New Subaru Viziv coming to North America 2018

20K views 87 replies 35 participants last post by  Trey T 
#1 · (Edited)
Subaru Viziv-7

he next three-row from Subaru will be the biggest Subaru vehicle ever." The wheelbase is 117.7 inches long while the overall vehicle measures 204.7 inches in length. If that sounds huge, it is – the Viziv-7's has 1.7 more space between the axles and is 0.8 inches longer than a Chevrolet Tahoe,

Subaru Viziv-7 Concept is AWD done XXL - Autoblog

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/subaru-viziv-7-concept-news

http://www.motortrend.com/news/subaru-viziv-7-suv-concept-first-look-review/

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Yay, just what the world needs another huge bloated SUV to dodge/pass on twisty roads. Oh well They'll probably sell a lot of them, people want bigger and bigger vehicles nowadays. Subaru is just meeting demand I suppose and it will be good for the very small percentage of people who actually need something like that.

#12 ·
I am happy for Subaru doing great and they for sure know what are they doing. Gas is (still) cheap and people will buy it and Subaru will make a lot of money of it. But their line up is every year less appealing to me...
What about smaller, lighter, normal sized practical vehicles?
I don't buy Subaru's story, we are too small to develop WRX hatch, bring diesel to US etc.
They for sure have money to develop this 3 row monster.
For example, they already have excellent vehicle around the world that we will never see (Levrog, practically Impreza wagon with turbo engine)...They will just not make enough money of it, even with 0 investment (except certification).

#14 ·

Attachments

#16 ·
Wonder what engine they would use not to have something that size under-powered.

Unfortunately, Subaru doesn’t give any info about the three-row crossover’s powertrain either. The company’s venerable combination of a boxer engine and all-wheel drive seems like a safe bet. However, the exact powerplant is a mystery. If the company sticks with what it currently has available, the 2.0-liter turbocharged boxer four-cylinder from the Forester XT with 250 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque seems like a viable option. The aging 3.6-liter flat-six with 256 hp and 247 lb-ft from the Legacy and Outback is another possibility, but a rumor suggests Subaru wants to stop using six-pot powerplants.

#20 ·
That's a good point, but I can't see them wanting to develop a new engine just for this thing. Here are the 3 options I see:
1. FXT's FA20
2. WRX's FA20F (same torque, slightly more HP)
3. A new DIT engine that will also replace the aging 3.6 in the Legacy and Outback.

#18 ·
So this is the official teaser concept for the vehicle that has already been rumored to be called the Ascent 7, correct?
They had spy photos of this thing out testing against the Ford Explorer and Mazda CX-9 which both have 4 cylinder turbo engines. So it's almost guaranteed that it will have the FA20DIT engine in it. I wouldn't be surprised if there might be a new variation of the H6 powertrain currently offered in the Legacy/Outback. That engine is due for a refresh, but the FA20DIT might just eliminate the need for that entirely.

Especially if they end up combining the FA20DIT with a hybrid powertrain down the road.

#28 ·
Viziv is likely only a concept name, it is likely to change to a new one when the production version hits. They have used the viziv name at least once before for a concept.

Ben
--------------------
'14 outback 2.5i sap w/ eyesight
'14 tribeca
'17 FXT Touring eyesight on order
PNW Subaru Ambassador
posted from Samsung gs7 active

#31 ·
I'm glad they are introducing a 3 row SUV to the current lineup. I've spoken to many people who really like my Forester, but need to be able to transport a large family. Being able to seat 7 will get Subarus in the driveways of larger families, and that's a great thing for the brand.

Plus it'll probably look awesome lowered, right?!?

#62 ·
This thing is large enough maybe they will come out with a pick up.

Of course midsize trucks seem to be the rage.

---

If Subaru ever comes out with a pickup that is adequately powered for towing and off road use I'm giving my wife the Forester and heading to the dealership immediately. Shut up and take my money...

While I'm dreaming, Subaru please make a pickup with a turbo diesel, proper ground clearance for off road use and wheel wells which support larger off road tires. You'd be a direct competitor for the Tacoma if you did that.

#37 ·
It would put it in a similar category as the Honda Ridgeline.
in southeastern PA, the new ridgelines have been popping up like crazy lately. they had died out for a while with the original model, but im seeing a lot now. quickly.
they seem a little less "trucky"...but maybe thats just cause the front end seems a touch "softer" now?..not sure. maybe the overall feel is more like that outback picture you shared.

#38 ·
I know I am minority, but I just don't understand why 3 row vehicles need to be this big (or SUV at all). This is enormous...
My son's school parking lot is full of full size SUVs and minivans with 1 or 2 kids in the back.

For me, Forester size more than enough for 2 or even 3 kids families. I am 6'3", and my 5'7" wife is sitting in the back with 2 kids (1.5 and 5).
My sister has Nisan Rouge with 3rd row option. 3rd row sits are tight but there are intended for kids and they fit the purpose.

I ones drove Mazda 5 briefly and I am sad that Mazda doesn't offer new skyactiv version. Other manufacturers have a lot of vehicles in that class in Europe but I am guessing, nobody will buy it here...

#52 ·
I know I am minority, but I just don't understand why 3 row vehicles need to be this big (or SUV at all). This is enormous...
My son's school parking lot is full of full size SUVs and minivans with 1 or 2 kids in the back.

For me, Forester size more than enough for 2 or even 3 kids families. I am 6'3", and my 5'7" wife is sitting in the back with 2 kids (1.5 and 5).
Yeah that's great, till you have 4 kids...

Yea, but how much will it cost? $50-$65k? If so.. :(
it better not, that's suburban money!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.