Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2015 Forester announcement date

92K views 151 replies 49 participants last post by  pleiad7 
#1 ·
As I recall the 2014 Forester was announced in November 2012, and became available for purchase in February 2013. It has been almost a year since the last announcement.

I have searched but I can find nothing about when to expect some information on the 2015 model. Any changes would probably be minor, maybe even non-existent, but I'd like to know before taking the plunge on buying the current 2014 model.

Anybody heard anything other than speculation?

#76 ·
Since Detroit was all about the new WRX based on that show's media website... My bet is the 2015 announce comes at Chicago a month ahead of "official" order opening date... Hoping we get pushbutton start and paddleshift on a base Touring level and a better Eyesight color optional package... A light gray interior XT color option would really spur turbo sales IMO, but I am not betting on it until later in this model cycle.

#78 ·
Legacy - Yes but what about the 15FOZ ?

Saw reports this morning that it will be the turn of the redesigned Legacy to take a bow at the Chicago A/S. No news so far about any appearances/announcements about either the '15 FOZ or the upcomingOutback. Keeping fingers crossed.
If they skip the 2nd gen Eyesight upgrade on the 2015 FOZ many folks are going to wait and buy the 2015 Outback instead. I suspect that is exactly what SOA wants to do for the coming year. SOA makes more money selling Outbacks over FOZs in the NA market on a per unit basis (economies from manufacturing them in the U.S) so that might suit them better in the short term.

#79 ·
Saw reports this morning that it will be the turn of the redesigned Legacy to take a bow at the Chicago A/S. No news so far about any appearances/announcements about either the '15 FOZ or the upcomingOutback. Keeping fingers crossed.
They are announcing the Legacy because it is a major redesign.

A year where the only significant change will be a new generation of Eyesight is probably not going to be announce and advertised in an effort to build interest.

Not sure why the Outback has not been announced yet, considering it is a redesign.

#80 ·
Darn Subaru... Too many great product announcements for cool cars keeping all of Subaru's marketing folks busy when all I want is a silly CUV model year update blurb on a website... :icon_mad:

Well, it seems reasonable the Legacy "platform" with the new sedan would announce before the "wagon" so Chicago it is for that... At least I think it's still the new Legacy platform as the 2015 Outback will be based?

#94 · (Edited)
Bummer...

No announcement at Chicago... In protest of [what I deem] a late announcement of 2015 changes, I test drove a 4x4 Jeep Cherokee with the 3.2L V6 today... Liked the Cherokee more than my Subie from the B-pillar forward (seat comfort, features, head-unit, ride quality and front visibility), but am worried the lack of space in the rear cargo area plus gas mileage was "sub-20 MPG" on the very gentle test drive I took on a Latitude trim level with relatively efficient Firestone LE2 tires. Compared to the cargo space in the old Liberty platform, it's obvious Jeep wants to steer families upward to the Grand Cherokee for $40K+ :evilatyou:

I've reached out to my dealer for intel on the 2015 Forester changes so fingers crossed that I hear details this week...

#102 ·
No announcement at Chicago... In protest of [what I deem] a late announcement of 2015 changes, I test drove a 4x4 Jeep Cherokee with the 3.2L V6 today... Liked the Cherokee more than my Subie from the B-pillar forward (seat comfort, features, head-unit, ride quality and front visibility), but am worried the lack of space in the rear cargo area plus gas mileage was "sub-20 MPG" on the very gentle test drive I took on a Latitude trim level with relatively efficient Firestone LE2 tires. Compared to the cargo space in the old Liberty platform, it's obvious Jeep wants to steer families upward to the Grand Cherokee for $40K+ :evilatyou:

I've reached out to my dealer for intel on the 2015 Forester changes so fingers crossed that I hear details this week...
I too recently tried the Cherokee in protest of the absence of a CVT option in the Forester. I also rented a Grand C. this summer. Hated every moment. Aside from the lousy gas mileage, I was really surprised both were much more difficult to get in and out of-- a really important factor for old timers. On top of that Consumer Reports continues to project bottom of fleet quality/reliability. I'm back to waiting out Subaru in hopes that someone in marketing has a clue of us legions who tow stuff and want to stick with Forester. I'll be moving on if they don't come thru next model-year.

#95 ·
i broken down and got the 14' (my 17yo civic was at a place where it would cost twice what it was worth to get it fixed :().

I just really really really hope they don't come out with a green or orange XT in the 15s. the color choices of the 14 were my only complaint w/ them.

#97 ·
I don't know what plans SOA has, but in Australia all non diesel Liberty/Legacy, Outback and Forester models will come with the new Eyesight system from Q3. However, it isn't clear whether the other safety aids will also be standard across the range.

#98 ·
In my view Subaru's Eyesight system should be standard across the entire lineup in the USA and Canada. Installed in each and every Subaru from base model to limited edition, the cost of the system should plummet. After all, why should only the most well-heeled Subaru shoppers have this cutting edge, market leading and potentially life saving technology? In addition, including it as standard kit would be a win-win decision for both Subaru (SOA) and its' customers and a windfall for the marketing department. Accolades would pour in from the motoring press and the insurance industry and sales of Subaru's flagship sedan would skyrocket.

#104 ·
I currently have 2006 Highlander hybrid (CVT) and it was rated for 3500lbs. The gas version supported 5000lbs. I did not have any issues towing with CVT. A dealer has found a 2014 XT touring that will be at his dealership mid march. But I believe 2015 will be available to order mid March. I think I might wait for 2015. I would like to get the latest eyesight. Has anyone else heard release date for 2015

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#108 ·
They are only making guesses, but they are informed guesses based on past Subaru history, scraps of info, and intuition. I hope the majority of their guesses come true. I'd like to order my 2015 XT soon, EyeSight 2 in an XT-P, with the all weather package please.

#111 ·
Personally, I would love to see a diesel Fozzy in the US, and screw the CVT gearboxes... Give me an old fashioned 5 or 6 MT... ALL CARS and TRUCKS should have a free optional manual gearbox, or the new standard of automatic! Since I learned how to drive in a manual, it is painful for me to drive an automatic! I will not be purchasing a new car unless I can get one in manual! Call me old fashioned for someone so young, but really? Why do away with the manual? They work just fine, they are cheaper to fix AND manufacture than automatics or CVTs, and all in all, they are just plain fun to drive!

For 2015, lets see a diesel foz with a 6MT in the US... I mean, really now, are we Subie people gonna let GM put a diesel in their Cruze? lol

#116 ·
I apologize ahead of time for going a little off topic but I couldn't resist the temptation to respond -

Let's not forget that it's the Government that finally drilled some good sense into GM and thankfully as a result of that intervention,they are now making more sensible cars than ever before ! I am all for the government doing sensible things.

-S-

#121 ·
Wow, you all just can't stop bantering about the CVT and Eyesight, can you?

Anyway: As part of my deal-seeking, I contacted the president of one of the largest Subaru dealerships on the (US) east coast and told them that I was interested in the 2014, but would probably be happier with a 2015.

This person said that they expect to get their deliveries in April or May, and that they will let me know as soon as they can order for me.

That's fine. I'll be busy as hell throughout March, and I'm not going anywhere my old car can't take me until June.

#122 ·
Same here talk to a dealer yesterday going up around April 18th to place a order on a 2015 XT will take around 4 weeks to get from the order date. Between now and then hopefully more information will be out on the 2015 hoping for a winter package will be available on the XT Premium.

#123 ·
2015 Forester Details released

Looks like I'm the first to post the details here -- I just got a press release from Subaru with the 2015 changes and pricing.

Looks like I was right with my prediction that the 2nd gen EyeSight is reserved for higher-end Legacy/Outback, while the Forester's 1st gen EyeSight is lowered by $500 for 2015.

At first glance, all changes are just shuffling of options packages and standard equipment except for new wheels for Touring models.

SUBARU ANNOUNCES 2015 FORESTER PRICING

#124 ·
Thank you. That is a foolish move in regards to Eyesight.

Highlights
  • The 2.0XT Premium now features a standard All Weather Package
  • The base model 2.5i gets rear vision camera and color multi-function display as standard equipment.
  • 2.5i Premium manual transmission model is now equipped with a moonroof standard
  • 2.5i Touring models will receive standard high luster 18” alloy wheels. All Touring models feature Keyless Access & Start, HID lights and chrome rocker trim. Navigation is now optional on Touring models.
  • Eyesight, Nav, HIDs are no longer all bundled together

#125 ·
SUBARU ANNOUNCES 2015 FORESTER PRICING
- XT Premium features standard All Weather Package
- Rear vision camera and color multi-function display standard on base model
- 2.5i Premium manual transmission gets standard moonroof
- EyeSight® driver assist option packages lowered by $500

Cherry Hill, N.J., Feb. 27, 2014-- Subaru of America, Inc. has announced pricing on the carmaker’s award winning crossover the 2015 Subaru Forester. The Forester is a two-time winner of the coveted Motor Trend Sport/Utility Vehicle of the Year award.

The Forester 2.5i model will be available in base, Premium, Limited and top-line Touring versions. Pricing begins at $22,195 for the base model 2.5i with six-speed manual transmission. The turbocharged 2.0XT will be offered in the Premium and Touring versions, with the Premium starting at $28,495. The 2.0XT Premium now features a standard All Weather Package. All prices are MSRP and do not include $850 destination charge.

For 2015, the base model 2.5i gets rear vision camera and color multi-function display as standard equipment. Previously unavailable, the 2.5i Premium manual transmission model is now equipped with a moonroof standard. New for 2015, the 2.5i Touring models will receive standard high luster 18” alloy wheels. All Touring models feature Keyless Access & Start, HID lights and chrome rocker trim. Navigation is now optional on Touring models.

Subaru’s EyeSight driver-assist system earned the highest rating given by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), a Superior rating, when IIHS conducted its first test of accidence avoidance technologies. The EyeSight system integrates Adaptive Cruise Control, Pre-Collision Braking and Vehicle Lane Departure Warning.

One of the most affordable such technologies available in the U.S. market, EyeSight uses a stereo camera design developed by Subaru to provide a detection angle wider than that of radar-based systems. EyeSight option packages are lowered $500 from the previous model year.

As with all previous Forester models, the 2015 comes standard with Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, a distinction from the competitive models that come with front-wheel drive as standard and offer all-wheel drive as an extra-cost option.

The Subaru Forester’s continued sales success has helped Subaru achieve five consecutive annual sales records.

2015 SUBARU FORESTER
Model/Trim Transmission MSRP MSRP + destination and delivery
2.5i 6MT $22,195 $23,045
2.5i CVT $23,195 $24,045
2.5i Premium 6MT $24,595 $25,445
2.5i Premium CVT $25,095 $25,945
2.5i Limited CVT $28,095 $28,945
2.5i Touring CVT $30,095 $30,945
2.0XT Premium CVT $28,495 $29,345
2.0XT Touring CVT $33,095 $33,945

2015 OPTION PACKAGES
Alloy Wheel Package $600
All Weather Package $500
All Weather Package + EyeSight $1,295
All Weather Package+ EyeSight+ Navigation $2,395
Navi+ Audio w/Harman Kardon® Amplifier and Speakers $1,850
Navi + Audio w/Harman Kardon ®Amplifier and Speakers + EyeSIght $2,645
EyeSight + Navigation $1,895

Destination & Delivery is $850 and may vary in the following states: CT, HI, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI and VT. D&D is $1,000 for dealers in Alaska.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.