Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Interesting situation re: 0% financing

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  17forester 
#1 ·
so i am putting a deposit on a Forester that won't arrive on the lot until the end of October at the earliest, but quite possibly not until the first week of November.

that said, how can i still take advantage of the 0% financing? is there any way to lock that in considering i'd be in the vehicle now if it were on the lot?

anyone ever deal with a similar situation?

#3 ·
No manufacturer will hold financing on a vehicle. You are stuck with whatever promo is running at the time of delivery. Hopefully, they will extend it again but, even if they don't, you will, most likely, get anything from 1.49 - 1.9% which is still very good.

#8 ·
no - not at all. now you have me thinking if it makes sense for me to do the same.

i COULD do the 0%/48 but i'd feel better about the monthly payment at 60. hmmm.

benefit being you could always pay it off quicker but can't extend the loan after the fact, no?

seems worth it to push it out a bit at that low a rate.

#12 ·
You might be in an even better position in November. One month closer to the end of the year and automakers want to close out strong. November and December are historically good months to shop because in November, they lose a great deal of traffic to Thanksgiving (a week) and in December because everyone's budgeting for Christmas.

#14 ·
With 0% it is surely costing Subaru money if used by the buyer.

Thus if a buyer doesn't use Subaru's 0% then that would save Subaru money.

The question then is; How much money would Subaru save if a buyer doesn't use the 0%?

I'm asking because I don't want to finance and so would expect an additional discount compared to the expected discount all buyers can get.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.