Anybody have experience with the Subaru Guaranteed Trade-In Program? - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2012
Car Model: Subaru Forester X
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anybody have experience with the Subaru Guaranteed Trade-In Program?

I'm looking at trading in my Fozzy next week for a '17 FXT, but have about $2000 left to pay down on my current '12 Forester 2.5X PZEV. My vehicle qualifies for the Subaru GTP (as it has a little over 48,000 original miles). As such, I'm trying to get as much as possible for the trade.

However, a quick review of the terms associated with the Subaru GTP indicates that vehicles that have dings/scrapes/paint scuffs (which I have in spades seeing as I drive into a major metropolitan area at least once a week) are not eligible. I plan on getting the car detailed before selling it, but I'm not sure if that'll make a difference (for example, somebody hit me in a Staples parking lot a year ago and left three deep paint gouges on my right rear bumper).

Anybody trade a vehicle in with this program? What were your impressions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2015
Car Model: Forester I-Premium
Transmission: 6MT
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
They will usually beat GTP in my experience. I got GTP + 500 and also got to keep driving it for 2 months while it depreciated (When I ordered my 2015)

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 05:23 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2017
Car Model: Forester XT Touring
I was going to use it on my 2015 Legacy but found that the dealers in town were willing, as @Rand stated, to give me far more than what the GTP website was providing for my trade.

2017 Forester XT Touring
Subaru Ambassador

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:55 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2007
Car Model: Forester Sports XT
Transmission: 5spd Manual
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If the car you're trading is not in high demand, it's great, you'll probably make out well with the program. If it is in high demand, you should probably try to get more. I traded my wife's 2014 legacy 2.5i using that program because at the time they were offering more than I could get elsewhere. I would suggest getting a free quote from carmax too so you have a starting point.

2007 Forester Sports XT 5spd
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:01 AM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester XT
It is a good program if your car meets the guidelines it takes out all of the negotiating
Just keep in mind when I say guidelines I mean check engine light dents scratches overage on miles would take away from that GTP
I work for Subaru and see these all of the time.

-GripDis-
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:28 AM
Forum Member

Car Model: XTT w/Eyesight
My Subie fanboy/girl family have traded in several Subarus that qualified for the GTP. All had low miles and were in very good condition. They were Forester XT, WRX Premium, Legacy 3.6R Limited, Crosstrek Limited. In every case, involving several dealers in different states, we received more than the GTP quote on our trade by doing a little negotiating. Shop around. We use the net and phone to get a confirmation e-mail price on the new unit and our trade before actually going to any dealers. By being honest with the dealers regarding our trade's condition we have never had a Subie dealer try to back out of the agreed upon quote. We have also negotiated deals where they delivered the new car and paperwork to our home from out of state and they drove our trade back to their dealership.

SWMBO: 17 WRX Premium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > General Forums > Forester Shopping

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode