2015 Forester - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
Subaru Forester Forum
ebay search
Subaru Forester Forum
Go Back   Subaru Forester Owners Forum > General Forums > Forester Shopping
SubaruForester.org is the premier Subaru Forester Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 14
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: XT
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 2015 Forester

So looks like I showed up to the Subaru Forester party a little to late, and they are no longer taking orders for '14 Foresters.

Little Background on why I'm here :
  • Having my first child (Boy named Benjamin)
  • Drive a 2012 Civic
  • Pretty cool and helpful community

So I need something a little larger than the Civic, the stroller alone will be almost too much for the Civic. I started looking into Small SUV's and it was between the Forster and the Cherokee (Wife has a Grand Cherokee). After seeing the prices Jeep is asking for just base Cherokee, my eyes quickly turned towards the '14 Forester (XT Premium in Black). Sadly enough it looks like I missed the ordering period and I'll be stuck waiting for the 2015, which I'm fine with. It actually works better because, if I got the '14 and a month later the '15 came out, I'd be pissed. I know no one has any info yet on the '15, but I'm happy to listen to any suggestions, insights, info that is known about the '15s. After talking to the Dealership, it seems like they believe that the price difference between '14 and '15 won't be much more than a few Hundred Dollars. Thanks in Advance for any Info! Can't wait to join the Subaru Family.
WeaponX20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2014, 03:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2012
Car Model: Legacy
Transmission: 6MT

Congrats on your newborn son. Your probably looking atleast 6 months before you receive a 2015 XT. 2015 info won't be available until the spring at the earliest. Dealers are going to continue to get 2014 inventory for few months, you might be able to find the '14 if you want to wait. The only problem is that XT premium seems to be the rarest model of the forester found on dealer lots. Either they don't make a lot of them or they sell them really quickly.
dgoodhue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2014
Car Model: EFJ Forester Touring
Transmission: CVT

Welcome to the forum! You will find just about anything you're looking for here...truly great members here willing to help out.

If you want a '14 I just did a quick search on Cars.com and there are 9 Black XT Premiums throughout the country. Most seemed to be toward the west coast, but I do see two in WV which you may want to investigate.

Best of luck!

Kenny
Ruby Subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2010
Car Model: FXT
Transmission: Auto

As they said, the 2015 will be a couple months. And maybe they'll even have different packages (hopefully. I personally want a 2015 xt base with an all weather package)

But you said originally 2014 in black, the Subaru dealer in old bridge seams to have a fully loaded one.
2014 Subaru Forester AUTO For Sale | Old Bridge NJ
Baldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester XT Touring

Congrats on the son. I truly hope you're able to wait till your dream Forester is available. I believe it will be worth it.

You might want to go with the Touring version because I believe this has the one touch fold down seats and other goodies. (I think).
dove_jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Model: XT Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)

Congrats on your boy! I have a 4 month old....which was one of the reasons why I got the Forester.

My only complaint was no all weather package on XT base. So ridiculous it wasn't offer. Anyways, I hope they offer that on the 15 XT base. GL!
sway162 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2011
Car Model: Forester X-Premium
Transmission: 5-MT
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

you should be able to find a 14 this late just not order one.

my 2011 was a may 2011 production. the 2012 was available.. IIRC about late july/august in ohio.

I was going to wait but being in a rental due to a texter totaling my previous car meant.. I had to make a move ASAP.
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester XT

You can also go to subaru.com and do a search for the one you want and they will give you the 5 closest dealers to you and what they have. I just leased a 14 XT Touring w/Eye Sight. Walked into my local dealer Thursday, they found one an hour and a half away and had it Saturday and picked it up Monday.

I typed in Trenton, NJ as your location:
http://www.subaru.com/tools/maps/dea...ales/?AB=true3
14TouringXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
New User

Car Year: 2006
Car Model: Civic
Transmission: Auto
Default Waiting on 2015

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your child - my son's middle name is Benjamin and that was my Grandfathers first name.

Like you I am waiting on the 2015.

You may have already found these links. Looks like the 2015 will be available to order in March and on lots in April.

Subaru Announces 2014-MY Vehicle Build Out and 2015-MY Start Up Dates - Top News - Vehicle Research - Top News - Automotive Fleet

Subaru Confirms Updated EyeSight Debuting In U.S. For 2015 Model Year

Take Care
skyblue54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2015
Car Model: XT Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblue54 View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your child - my son's middle name is Benjamin and that was my Grandfathers first name.

Like you I am waiting on the 2015.

You may have already found these links. Looks like the 2015 will be available to order in March and on lots in April.

Subaru Announces 2014-MY Vehicle Build Out and 2015-MY Start Up Dates - Top News - Vehicle Research - Top News - Automotive Fleet

Subaru Confirms Updated EyeSight Debuting In U.S. For 2015 Model Year

Take Care

Available in April? Wow that seems really early, not that I'm complaining.

I'm the main reason I'm waiting for the 2015 is for Eyesight 2.0, or whatever they are calling it. Well that and I need time to decide if I'm actually going to get another Forester or move to a small truck.
Pointy_End is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Model: EFJ Forester Touring

According to the '15 Legacy unveiling, the new Eyesight is version 3.0. It is a color detection version and is supposed to be more responsive than the current setup. Should become available as they roll out new models for 2015 according to the video I viewed.
Ruby Subie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Subie View Post
According to the '15 Legacy unveiling, the new Eyesight is version 3.0. It is a color detection version and is supposed to be more responsive than the current setup. Should become available as they roll out new models for 2015 according to the video I viewed.
Has anyone seen any reviews of the new Eyesight 3.0 that give us an idea whether its worth a wait? I have a new 3 month old daughter, and am going to purchase a Subaru for the safety features. I was about to pull the trigger on a 2014 Forester 2.5 Touring with Eyesight for $31,623.00 plus tax and title, but now I am wondering whether I should wait... the 2014 financing rates are the same as when it was first released, so I'm not seeing a huge incentive to buy end-of-year model. My lease is up at the end of March, but I could probably extend by a month or so. I wonder how reliable an April delivery date really is...

I'm also guessing that pre-orders likely pay closer to MSRP. Anyone have an idea what it was like last year?
david546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester XT

Hi Weapon….I would give a call to Glanzmann Subaru in Jenkintown PA and see if they can re route or trade for a 2014 XT Premium. They found me a silver 14 XT Touring when they were virtually non existent last February of 2013 and I took delivery like 4 weeks later. Ask for Mark.

Join the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society while you are at it and get 2 free tickets to the Philly Flower Show in March AND buy your new car for 2% under dealer invoice as PHS is a Subaru Partner and Subaru is a sponsor of the show.

I would be surprised if the latest version of Eyesight shows up on the 15 Forester.
Probably on the 16 mid cycle refresh. The current version is still the best the IIHS has tested, works at 25 mph and beats Mercedes and Audi and Cadillac and all of them!
mar1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

Car Year: 2013
Car Model: Battle Wagon
Transmission: The Lazy One
Gallery: 2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Congrats! I got my Forester when my wife was pregnant so we had a safe reliable car for our family. Seems to be the consensus for most haha

IG - @kingfuzzz
kingfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar1011 View Post
I would be surprised if the latest version of Eyesight shows up on the 15 Forester.
Probably on the 16 mid cycle refresh. The current version is still the best the IIHS has tested, works at 25 mph and beats Mercedes and Audi and Cadillac and all of them!
It definitely sounds like even the current system is great, but the new functionality like Blind Spot Detection and Lane Change Assist seems like it would be a really great add for driving the freeways of LA. KBB seems to think it will be on the new Forester.... "Like the current EyeSight system, this upgraded version initially will be offered on the Forester, Legacy and Outback. However, Subaru plans to expand its availability.", but who knows where they are getting that info from... Subaru announces improved EyeSight driver assistance system - SlashGear

I wish I had a better idea of timing.

Edit: Oops, I posted the wrong link... http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-...em/2000010264/

Last edited by david546; 02-11-2014 at 11:07 AM.
david546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > General Forums > Forester Shopping