2014 Forester Prices Paid - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
Subaru Forester Forum
ebay search
Subaru Forester Forum
Go Back   Subaru Forester Owners Forum > General Forums > Forester Shopping
SubaruForester.org is the premier Subaru Forester Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: -
Car Model: -
Transmission: -
Gallery: 0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 2014 Forester Prices Paid

Local dealers have started taking pre-orders for the Forester. How about starting a thread showing how much everyone has paid for their new 2014 Forester? I'm hoping this can help others get the best deals for new 2014s!

Please indicate price paid before tax, tag, destination, and title since this is different depending on where you live. Note OTD (Out The Door) price implies NO additional fees/taxes/costs.

Specify the following:

Model Trim (2.5i/2.0, Base/Limited/Touring/Premium, CVT/Manual):
Options (price each if known):
Dealer freebies (oil changes, etc...):
Purchase program used (VIP 2%, etc...):
Did you have a trade-in?: Yes/No
Extras (extended warranty, rust proofing, paint protection, etc):

For reference, MSRP prices from cars101.com:

Model Trim (excluding $825 destination charge):
  • 2.5i, Manual: $21.995 (invoice: $20,811)
  • 2.5i, CVT: 22,995 (invoice: $21,724)
  • 2.5i Premium, Manual: $23,495 (invoice: $22,1766)
  • 2.5i Premium, CVT: $24,995 (invoice: $23,547)
  • 2.5i Limited, CVT: $27,995 (invoice: $26,222)
  • 2.5i Touring, CVT: $29,995 (invoice: $28,051)
  • 2.0XT Premium CVT: $27,995 (invoice: $26,232)
  • 2.0XT Touring CVT: $32,995 (invoice: $30,836)

Options:
  • #02- All Weather Package: $500 (invoice: $417)
  • #10 Navigation/GPS: $1100
  • #30 Keyless access, Navigation, GPS, Aha, HID headlights: $2400

Last edited by gsxr; 09-02-2013 at 06:23 PM. Reason: added invoice prices from truecar.com
gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 2014
Car Model: Forester Touring XT
Transmission: CVT Rubberband Wind-It-Up
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Placed my order on Feb. 5, 2013 for a Dark Grey Metallic 2014 Subaru Forester XT Touring with:
Option Package #30- Keyless Access & Start, Eyesight Drive Assist Technology, HID headlights
mirror package #2
sport grille
rear bumper cover
front sill plates
red interior illumination
STI sport pedals
$37,696 MSRP (includes delivery price)
$34,532 Invoice (includes delivery price)

Delivery date said May, but it could slip since it's an XT. Used Subaru GTP for trade on my 2010 RRP Legacy GT. Super, super easy process with no hassle.
iowasuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester Touring xt
Transmission: cvt

Ordered in late Jan and looks like a late April or early May delivery thought the only word is the build date is in April some time.
XT Touring, silver, body side moldings, popular package #2, package 30 the eye sight etc, all weather mats, luggage compartment cover, remote start, splash guards, tinted side windows up front.
Out the door price including everything. $34,054.

Last edited by bobby303; 02-11-2013 at 04:40 PM.
bobby303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Year: 05
Car Model: saab 93
Transmission: manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby303 View Post
Ordered in late Jan and looks like a late April or early May delivery thought the only word is the build date is in April some time.
XT Touring, silver, body side moldings, popular package #2, package 30 the eye sight etc, all weather mats, luggage compartment cover, remote start, splash guards, tinted side windows up front.
Out the door price including everything. $33,830.
Is this VIP pricing? Was is your sales tax? Sounds like you got roughly 7% off dealer invoice before any taxes being added in.
superroo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester 2.5i Tourng
Transmission: CVT
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Model Trim
I ordered a 2.5i Touring in Venetian Red Pearl on Jan 31, 2013.
MSRP $30,820 Invoice $28,876 with $825 destination

Options
#30 Driver Assistance Tech package (EyeSight, HID, Keyless acces & start)
MSRP $2400 Invoice $2087

Popular Package #2 (Auto-dimming mirror with Homelink, Auto-dimming side mirrors with approach lights, bumper cover, rear seat back cargo net)
MSRP $641 Invoice $414

Interior illumination kit (red) - MSRP $202 Invoice $131

Cargo cover - MSRP $182 Invoice $118

DELETED - not available to order [Aero cross bars - MSRP $199 Invoice $117]

Total MSRP $34,245
Total invoice $31,626
--> Subaru VIP Program 2% off invoice: final sale price = $30,993
-- That's about $3,252 discount from MSRP with no haggling.

Dealer doc fees and state fees (not including 6% PA sales tax) are $189. I've seen worse; no complaints here.

Purchase Program Used
Subaru VIP Partners Program through the PA Horticultural Society (2% below invoice)

I'm also using the Subaru Guaranteed Trade-in program (GTP) on my 2010 Outback for a reasonable no-haggle trade. Actual trade-in price agreed to be the current GTP value at the time of delivery. So this was an easy, low-pressure deal.

Dealer agreed in writing to make my deposit 100% refundable at least until I test drive one when they start to arrive on lots.

Delivery Date
A late January 2013 order was supposed to take until April or May to be delivered, but Subaru assigned my order to a match in the first allocation, and I currently have a delivery date of March 11!!
eps105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo76 View Post
Is this VIP pricing? Was is your sales tax? Sounds like you got roughly 7% off dealer invoice before any taxes being added in.
No official program other than being a repeat customer at this dealership. As you can see i adjusted my sales price up a couple of hundred dollars from what I posted earlier. Invoice was about a $1,000 more than I had listed and the dealer and I agree on the new "out the door price" of $34,054 which is about $800+ less than invoice of $34,873.. That includes any dealer handling/documentation fee or whatever the dealers are calling extra profit and also the standard delivery or freight charge of $825. My sales tax in Wyoming is 5% and that is not part of this. I will pay that when I licence the car.
So I feel fine with this deal and am looking forward to getting the car. The MSRP was right around $38,300.

Last edited by bobby303; 02-11-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester
Default 2014 Forester Touring, ordered today 2/16/2012

I went shopping for a new 2014 Forester and closed the deal today. The Chicago area dealer actually had a pre-production model in-house that I could see, touch, and sit in.

it was a no-hassle process to get the "VIP Pricing" (Invoice minus 2%) without actually being a member of any of the listed organizations.

Delivery is unknown, but could possibly be in the first allocation which is expected to arrive in late March.

I ordered Venetian Red, Package #30 (HID's, Keyless, Eyesight, etc.) and Popular Package 2.

Price:

2014 Forester Touring

Base Invoice $28876
Package #30 Invoice $2087
Popular Pkg #2 Invoice $414

Total $31377

Minus 2% $627

Total price w/o taxes $30750.

Al
awjenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Model: FORESTER PREMIUM
Transmission: 6 SPEED

just to clarify. these are all orders with a deposit, and when the cars arrive, the dealer calls you in and you can go about either paying outright or financing the agreed upon amount? or are these "cash" only offers???

and what kind of financing offers does subaru have for the 14? are any of you dealing on the interest rate too on top of getting these great invoice/below invoice prices??
cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester 2.5i Tourng
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris View Post
just to clarify. these are all orders with a deposit, and when the cars arrive, the dealer calls you in and you can go about either paying outright or financing the agreed upon amount? or are these "cash" only offers???

and what kind of financing offers does subaru have for the 14? are any of you dealing on the interest rate too on top of getting these great invoice/below invoice prices??
In my case, my order is a deposit order and I'll be finalizing my trade-in and financing prior to delivery. So it's just like a regular car purchase, nothing different than if it were a car on the lot.

As far as I know, there is not a quoted finance rate yet for the '14 through Subaru/Chase Finance. Since I'm expecting delivery mid-March, I was planning to wait until after March 1 to ask my dealer what the March rates are. The rates vary by model, and for 36 months they currently range from 0%-2.9% depending on model-specific promotions.

I'm expecting the '14 Forester will be 2.9% but hoping for 1.9%. I'll post next week when I found out about that and my updated Guaranteed Trade-in Value.

As a back-up, I am cross-shopping my employer's credit union, who is currently offering 1.9% up to 60 months. I don't know if Subaru Finance "matches" rates, but I do plan to ask, as I'd prefer to keep my loan with Chase.
eps105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
Forum Member

talked to the sales manager at my local subie dealer. he told me the first shipment is coming in on march 12 and to forget signing up and waiting 6 months for the VIP program, he would give me the 2 below invoice without it just to get the sale LOL. life is so much easier here in the southwest. i remember shopping for a car for my sister up in the trenton-philly area a couple years back. narrow spaghetti roads had me lost, turnpike tolls had me mad, NO simple U TURNS anywhere had me cursing up a storm, and by the time i finally got to the dealers, NONE would work with me on price. as if they were all set in stone at MSRP, some even had dealer markups that they justified with "we have to pay rent and keep the lights on" ??? and the sales guys were all good ol' italian slimeballs too. :D
Old 02-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester 2.0 XT
Transmission: HD CVT

Quote:
talked to the sales manager at my local subie dealer. he told me the first shipment is coming in on march 12 and to forget signing up and waiting 6 months for the VIP program, he would give me the 2 below invoice without it just to get the sale LOL. life is so much easier here in the southwest. i remember shopping for a car for my sister up in the trenton-philly area a couple years back. narrow spaghetti roads had me lost, turnpike tolls had me mad, NO simple U TURNS anywhere had me cursing up a storm, and by the time i finally got to the dealers, NONE would work with me on price. as if they were all set in stone at MSRP, some even had dealer markups that they justified with "we have to pay rent and keep the lights on" ??? and the sales guys were all good ol' italian slimeballs too. :D
So, does that mean you're willing to buy whatever they have available on their lot, even if it's not what you want?
pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedersen View Post
So, does that mean you're willing to buy whatever they have available on their lot, even if it's not what you want?
it is easier for me than for most, simply because all i want is a base forester with 6 speed that i will later dress up to taste with aftermarket parts, while most members here in the market for a 14 are very specific with trim and options so ordering is in most cases a must.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester XT
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

I got my order locked down with a 500 dollar deposit. Should be getting it next week, after they train the guys on the lease, finance and features/ accessories. He confirmed to me my order along with his order for a forester was on the boat which will be docking this week =).
lcrazyaznl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Forum Member

Quote:

made a deposit. car is mine if I want it when it comes in just the way I ordered it. Can finance, etc with whatever their deals are at the time. Don't know the financing deals until the month it comes in.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Forum Member

Car Model: Subaru Forester
Transmission: Automatic

Quote:
talked to the sales manager... he told me...to forget signing up and waiting 6 months for the VIP program, he would give me the 2 below invoice without it just to get the sale LOL. life is so much easier here in the southwest.
Chris: Since I live in the northern part of New Mexico might you tell me about your dealer so I might contact them about a decent deal for my own purchase? And who your contact is there? Or are those questions out of order in this site? T.
Tomash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > General Forums > Forester Shopping