LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 255 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2014
Car Model: Forester 2.5i
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
14+ Forester - Weathertech vs Husky liners

Well it seems Husky liners has finally released their mats for the Forester,same pricing as the Weathertechs. Has anyone ordered and received the Husky's? Has anyone had the chance to compare them to the Weathertechs? I'm curious to see if one is better than the other.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 255 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 05:48 AM
Admin

Car Model: Forester XT Touring
Garage
I prefer the look of the WeatherTech liners over the Husky liners, so I went with the WeatherTech and love them.

IMO the Husky Liner material looks cheap, while the WeatherTech looks more modern and cleaner.

Lifted 2014 XT Touring Ice Silver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

post #3 of 255 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester
Transmission: Cvt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Husky makes nice heavy rubberized mats and I have bought several sets for work trucks, but their weatherbeater series (weathertech comparison liners) weren't as nice when I got some for my cherokee. So when it came time to get some for the '14, I chose Weathertech. They also have a military and first responder discount of 5% and free shipping! $160 to my door versus $190. No brainer for this guy.

post #4 of 255 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2012
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: auto
Coverage weathertech vs. husky in 2014 Forester

Has anyone checked the floor coverage for the driver with these mats. The dealer gave me a set of the Subaru all weather mats but they have very poor coverage for the driver. The entire area around and under the gas pedal is not covered by the mat and gets very dirty. I am looking for a mat with good coverage in the area of the gas pedal.
Has anyone compared the liners against the Subaru mat?
post #5 of 255 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2015
Car Model: Impreza 5-Door Sport
Transmission: Auto (CVT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boluca View Post
Has anyone checked the floor coverage for the driver with these mats. The dealer gave me a set of the Subaru all weather mats but they have very poor coverage for the driver. The entire area around and under the gas pedal is not covered by the mat and gets very dirty. I am looking for a mat with good coverage in the area of the gas pedal.
Do NOT get the WeatherTech MATS, they are stenciled like the Subaru mats you are talking about.

Get the WeatherTech FLOOR LINERS. They cover everything.

I have the WeatherTech mats and they s?ck, but stuck with them now.
NukPwr likes this.
post #6 of 255 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boluca View Post
I got subaru all weather mats when I bought mine, because the carpet mat recall. The all weather mats offer decent floor coverage, but do not go up the sides at all.

I upgraded to weathertech liners and they are far superior. Good side protection and very durable and well made. Should not even really be compared to the all weather mats because they are so much better.

Pictures can be found here: Weathertech Floor LINERS for 2014 Foresters Available

-

post #7 of 255 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 07:25 AM
Contributing Member

Car Model: Forester XT
I'm going post up pictures of my Husky liners when I get them.

So you guys can compare. Honestly got a good price for them so I can't complain.
post #8 of 255 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Forum Member

Car Model: Impreza Premium 2.0
Transmission: AT w/ Manual Mode
Got my Husky Liners from Autoanything.com today

I ordered my Husky Liners through Autoanything.com, same part # and style as the Husky Liner site. But I have some issues with them which I have emailed customer service about. They showed up in a open box, it looks like someone intenstionlly had opened it up and threw it back together. And they look like they may have been used, there are some rough spots and scratch marks on them which you can see in the pics. I haven't stepped foot on these yet, I just tossed them in there for the pics!

Anyway the coverage looks good to me but I'm going to wait until I hear back from Autoanything before I dirty them up.

I bought them for $143.96 + free shipped through them which is cheaper than the Husky Liner site, maybe in cheaper isn't better in this case? I'll see what customer service says/does for me and keep you guys posted.

SJ's SJ
'14 2.5i Ice Silver
post #9 of 255 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapyr88 View Post
Anyway the coverage looks good to me but I'm going to wait until I hear back from Autoanything before I dirty them up.
Coverage does go up behind the pedals further than the WeatherTech liners do.

I still much prefer the look of the WT liners though. The husky liners look cheaper, IMO, due to the shiny plastic look to them.

-

post #10 of 255 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Forum Member

I haven't seen the Weathertechs so I'll take your word for it.

Husky Liners guarantee they won't break or tear under normal usage during the life of the vehicle in which they were installed. I'm sure Weathertech has a warranty as well. I figure either way works, I'm not worried if people will think what they are stepping on in my car looks cheap or not.

Couple more pics.

SJ's SJ
'14 2.5i Ice Silver
post #11 of 255 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Admin

Garage
Couple pictures of WeatherTech liners. They have a more dull finish, so they blend in with the carpet a little more.

Untitled by jasplund91, on Flickr

Untitled by jasplund91, on Flickr

-

post #12 of 255 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Forum Member

Other than the look of them, anything else stand out? I read that they don't stay in place very well, nothing to help grip the carpet? They do look better though I won't argue with that.

SJ's SJ
'14 2.5i Ice Silver
post #13 of 255 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Admin

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapyr88 View Post
Other than the look of them, anything else stand out? I read that they don't stay in place very well, nothing to help grip the carpet? They do look better though I won't argue with that.
I have not had any issues with them moving. The drivers one stays in with the hooks.

Both the liners fit in quite snug... to the point that I was surprised when I had to take them out to wash them. I don't regularly have passengers, but when I have theirs has not moved at all either.

Aside from the material, I think the only other notable difference is the slightly improved coverage behind the pedals.

EDIT:Just noticed... It looks like the Husky liners cover the gas door release hatch? The WT liners do not.

-

post #14 of 255 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Contributing Member

Car Model: Forester XT
LOL wth I guess they do cover the gas door....

Husky my friend said it doesn't sit flushed to the gas door area.
I'm also not liking the mat goes up to the dead pedal. I guess you can't do the sti pedals.
post #15 of 255 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Admin

Garage
It looks like it would not be too hard to cut out the area in that depression where the gas door release is at. That would probably impact their warranty though.

-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Utility and Protection

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode