Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

transporting car and detailing

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  2010XT 
#1 ·
hi

My car is due for detailing, which I do myself...

I am thinking of coating it with my sealant
Klasse HiGloss Sealant Glaze
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, klasse SG sealant, klasse sealant glase,klasse sealant

The acrylic sealant actually hardens and is a bit of pain to buff out..
but it lasts for over 6 months...

I am thinking of glazing the whole car in it and then load it on the truck for transport, and then buff off the sealant after it reaches the destination in a few days...

Does anyone think this would work, would it protect my paint better ?
Any thoughts...

G

#2 ·
I use the klasse twins on my OBP 07 XT. I find its less about how long it cures (as long as you give it at least 12 hours if not more), and more about how many coats you apply. I usually try for a coat of AIO and then 3-4 coats of HG. It really starts to get impressive after 3 coats. If you're having a lot of trouble buffing out the HG, you may be putting too much on - its supposed to be REALLY thin coats.

So, leaving it on and buffing later would probably be fine - I think I've read people on detailing forums say they had an easier time buffing it out after waiting longer, but you'll probably want more coats.

All that said, you don't want to let it get dirty before buffing it out, so that would require that the transport truck is closed and with relatively clean/ low airflow.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.