Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

ExecuHitch

('09-'13) 
3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  99ForesterXT 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Unneccessary. Does a hitch really detract from the appearance of your car that much? Maybe on a Mercedes or something shown in the video, but still, I don't think it is worth it. I would just get a Curt or Draw-Tite hitch for $150-$175 and be done with it. They are probably stronger anyway, and you don't have to worry about electronics going bad, and not being able to use your hitch.

And you can use any ball mount or accessory that you want instead of having to buy their specific ones.

#5 ·
Campsi true it is expensive ... but i like the manual winch attachment ...
You can do the same with a regular style hitch. There are several hand winch options like this 2,500lb one and a 1.25" or 2" receiver mount are all you need.

There are a bunch of companies that make receiver mounts for electric winches. One could use one of these drilling the needed holes if they down have welding capabilities as they are not all that expensive, a 1.25" one at amazon for <$60. If you can weld, just weld a 3/8" - 1/2" plate to a ball mount drill your holes and be done.

You could likely buy a standard hitch, ball mount and ball, winch and mounting and have it all done for less than the ExecuHitch is alone even if you paid a shop to weld up your winch mount.

I know several people who frequent minimum maintenance roads or service trails on occasion. For the limited likelihood that they may need a winch a full blown permanent electric/hydraulic isn't justifiable for them, but they can stow a cheesy manual one with their gear and at least have a small backup before they call for help.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.