Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Superacerc's Garage/Journal

('09-'13) 
309K views 3K replies 94 participants last post by  Superacerc 
#1 · (Edited)
Accomplishments so far:

Engine Mods:
-stage 2 built block from awdtuning, dallas tx.
+JE Pistons
+heat treated nitride coated crank
+manly H beam rods
+acr race bearings
-Cobb UNcatted DP (rallysportdirect.com)
-grimmspeed ceramic uppipe (rallysportdirect.com)
-Tuned via Rom Raider myself
-PTP turbo blanket (PTP in austin)
-lava heat wrap on Down pipe in engine bay. (PTP in austin)
-GFB Hybrid Blow off/bypass valve (rallysportdirect.com)
-Walboro 255lph fuel pump (rallysportdirect.com)
-GRIMMSPEED manual boost controller www.grimmspeed.com
-back to stock TD04
-Top Mount intercooler process west style (Fast motorsports) (turbotektuning.com)
-1000cc BOSCH injectors (turbotektuning.com)
-Grimmspeed Lightweight pulley (Grimmspeed.com)
-1 step colder NGK plugs (ray@turbotektuning.com)
-back to stock header
-2015 Sti Sedan Catback
-AEM Cold air intake
-Perrin turbo inlet
-2 Oil Catch Cans
-Deleted BPV return line back to intake.
-wrx engine mounts
-QTP Electric Exhaust Cutout

Suspension mods:

-22mm Whiteline front swaybar (rallysportdirect.com)
-22mm Whiteline rear swaybar (rallysportdirect.com)
-kartboy aluminium endlinks (rallysportdirect.com)
-Anderson Design Fabrication 2" lift with trailing arm extensions.

Drivetrain mods:

-6 speed sti transmission
-DCCD pro controller
-limited slip r180 rear diff
-sti axles
-sti driveshafts
-clutchmasters 6 puck fx400 clutch
-kartboy shifter bushing
-kartboy short throw shifter
-turn in concepts shifter linkage bushing.
-Drive Shaft Shop 08+STI Aluminum Driveshaft (58 inches)
- killer b delrin matte shift knob

Comfort/Utility mods:

-BFG TA KO2 IN 265 65 16
-Insulated Car with RAAMAT and Ensolyte (RAAMAT.com)
-Rubber Undercoated the entire underside with 3M Rubberized Undercoating (Autozone)
-Tinted front windows to match rear factory tint (Solar Shade Humble, tx)
-JVC Head Unit (SF.org member)
-Sylvania silverstar ultra lowbeams
-THULE Sidekick rooftop carrier(amazon.com)
-53" crossbars(amazon.com)
-gorilla offroad mudflaps (gorillaoffroad.com)

Supporting Mods:
-aem uego wideband O2 kit and gauge
-prosport sti style boost gauge
-smy gauge cluster
-wrx gauges(ebay)

Style/look mods:
-lamin-x gunsmoke rear tail tint (lamin-x.com)
-SPARCO Terra Corsa 16"
-Sports Grille

Brakes:
-Stoptech Street Performance Pads (rallysportdirect.com)

See less See more
#1,455 ·
Thanks for the inspirational photoshopping. They're not as shiny now that they're dry. I like it better matte anyway. I did a test run of some gold metalizer on the tan but it looked pretty gay. I think it'll look good though. I'm anxious to see them on there.

Speaking of putting them on. I'm going to switch them out today. We've had frozen roads all weekend and light snow starting this morning. I guess its time to see how they do.

#1,457 · (Edited)
When I left for work this morning it started snowing. I bought a new battery at lunch for the foz and went home to install it and the roads are super slick by my house. I had some quick fun and almost took out a mailbox lol. Definitely need the new tires now. Heres a pic of our first hours of snow down at the city level. Supposed to continue through the week. Also, when i unhooked my battery my prosport boost gauge went nutty. Its wired to come on with the car, and change to red when you turn on the lights. Now it doesn't come on with the ignition and only turns on with the lights. It never turns red. Very strange.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Parking Minivan

#1,461 ·
Thanks. The gauge and stud arent a big deal. Just minor annoyances. Theyre starting to grow on me after driving around last night some. They feel sportier in curves due to the smaller stiffer sidewall. Also my speedo is off a bit so I had to check via gps what speeds equal what. Those pics I took were right after install so the springs needed to settle just a bit and the camber is normal now so it looks a tad better. I should wipe off the red springs a bit to let them show out some.

#1,465 ·
They're 225/45/17. I accidentally got them cause when I ordered the tires I didnt have the car with me and I told him the size from memory. Well, for some reason I told em the size of my vw gli tires instead of the foz. When I had them mounted to the rim i noticed it and I thought, ill give em a try. Stiffer sidewalls might be nice. They definitely feel sportier. I don't care for the gap though but it's pretty much the same as the stock gap since im lowered almost an inch.

I lost almost an inch of sidewall height. I went from a 26.8" to a 25" diameter tire.

When my speedo says 45 in doing 40. When the speedo says 65 om doing 54mph.

Also had to pump them up yesterday. Only had 25psi in them. Never checked since they have been on the rim since april.

#1,470 ·
Yeah the roads are pretty choppy from freezing and I need snow clearance. The gap bothers me a bit though. Our first snow melted away with some 38° rain but is due back at the end of the week. Avg snowfall at sealevel (in the city) is about 100 inches per year, and 200-400 in the mountains.

#1,471 ·
I can tell a huge difference in these tires on wet roads vs my michelins. I feel more tendency to hydroplane, and much less grip. They ride pretty quiet though.

Had a fellow in a new dodge dart 1.4 turbo multiair go speeding past traffic. He looked like he was enjoying the car. I'm sure it's pretty cool. I got behind him at a stop light and he took off briskly as he had been for several lights. I slowly changed lanes and smoothly caught up and passed him. Just enough to taunt him. I could tell he wanted to show my forester who's boss and he passed me as i did the speed limit. He'll get an eye opener if he ever gets next to me at a light. It's a neat car that is sort of peppy but not quick by any means.

I drive like my pedal is resting on an egg around here and keep out of boost completely on the gauge while still letting the car get up to 4500 before a shift. Gives a nice impression that my car is loud and relatively slow. I'm super sneaky and people may tend to underestimate my sneakiness (Deeds).

#1,478 · (Edited)
I finally found the car junkies in town. Amazing group of people. In fact the very first alcohol injected subaru is here in town along with one of the pioneers of the method. That's going to be my next step one the winter goes away.

These guys are running 32° timing at redline! I'll be going up to the high 20psi range and boat loads of timing in the spring. It's amazing how quiet this group of guys and their cars are kept. One of them has an 07 sti with 600hp and a 1000 hp twin turbo vette. Both run alcohol injection. The main guy from the group has an SM 300z one of the only non museum kept of something like 50 in the world, an alco injected ss cobalt, a twin turbo dodge stealth (700+hp) several wrx and sti and other odds and ends. There are several other guys with subarus and nissans and they all just hang out and help each other.

I'm going to shoot for high 400 or low 500hp on the foz next spring with these guys. Can't wait.

They have a website that all new subaru modders should check out. Its www.rusubaru.com. They also have several videos on YouTube. Here's a few. Check out the associated posters channels.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.