post #391 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
Contributing Member

Car Year: 2009
Car Model: 2.5xt w/ td05-20g
Transmission: 4EAT
Gallery: 0
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BKBAJAN has inspired me to start loading up gun youtube videos. Here's one from last summer. I'll get some more with some silenced pistols, silenced AR-15s, Full pistol AR15, Some more of this MAC 11 silenced, etc... I've got some interesting ones you guys may enjoy.

I unload a 33 round clip in this video with some rather short bursts.

TD05-20g @ 24psi with Stage II AWDTUNING Block
Superacerc's Journal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: Forester XTi
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superacerc View Post
Yeah, exactly the reason im staying away from getting stationed in nyc. Id be in big trouble if they pulled me over while moving a large safe full of find and ammo. Plus, I carry any time I'm not on a federal installation. Nyc cops dont give any slack to coasties carrying guns or ammo. And we're federal officers for the dept of homeland security!

In fact to get ammo to supply our small boat stations the city wont let us through. We have to buy it in connecticut and bring it by boat over to long island or staten island. Is that bassackwards thinking or what?

Here in texas people are saved daily by conceal carry permits, and villans go straight to the morgue. Keeps the tax payers from spending money on trials. There are stories here in houston where 12 year olds that are home alone after school have killed several home invaders that would have killed them.

Texas definitely has definitely done good this way. Same in GA, where i'm from originally.

If concealed carry by responsible citizens was allowed in nyc, and thugs in nyc knew or thought everyone was armed around them theyd think twice about pulling crap on people, and the stupid ones who tried wouldn't live long enough to be a repeat offender.

End of rant.
Truth.

silverbackgorilla:Banane36:
VF43
ISC N1
287/290
post #393 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
Contributing Member

Plastidip pic, single wheel

You'd swear this was an actual bronze wheel if you didn't know better. Havent made the last two wheels gold yet. Going to wait til the morning to have better light to match them up with the two I've done.

Superacerc's Journal

Last edited by Superacerc; 11-23-2012 at 06:41 PM.
post #394 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Forum Member

That looks good.

I did a crappy job dipping my wheels lol

VF43
ISC N1
287/290
post #395 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester XT
Transmission: Auto
Quote:
Yeah, exactly the reason im staying away from getting stationed in nyc. Id be in big trouble if they pulled me over while moving a large safe full of find and ammo. Plus, I carry any time I'm not on a federal installation. Nyc cops dont give any slack to coasties carrying guns or ammo. And we're federal officers for the dept of homeland security!

In fact to get ammo to supply our small boat stations the city wont let us through. We have to buy it in connecticut and bring it by boat over to long island or staten island. Is that bassackwards thinking or what?

Here in texas people are saved daily by conceal carry permits, and villans go straight to the morgue. Keeps the tax payers from spending money on trials. There are stories here in houston where 12 year olds that are home alone after school have killed several home invaders that would have killed them.

Texas definitely has definitely done good this way. Same in GA, where i'm from originally.

If concealed carry by responsible citizens was allowed in nyc, and thugs in nyc knew or thought everyone was armed around them theyd think twice about pulling crap on people, and the stupid ones who tried wouldn't live long enough to be a repeat offender.

End of rant.
I put a 380 ACP into a mugger in downtown ATL about 7 years ago. I was not even 22 and this guy was trying to do 20 to life in prison on installments. let's just say he will never walk again because the bullet shattered his pelvis. at least he can't rob anymore people. And, I don't lose any sleep over that guy.
post #396 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
Contributing Member

^ You sir, deserve a medal. Were you walking through buckhead station at midnight? lol

Exactly why I carry my gun. You never know when that day will come you need to use it. People always freak out when I tell em that in walmart, movie theatres, the mall etc... I've got a gun of some sort somewhere on my person.

My neighbor wanted me to help them sell some stuff on craigslist. I sold a ton of crap out of their garage and while waiting on one of the buyers to come we got into a discussion about some of the craigslist muggers/thieves etc.. that show up as buyers or whatever. He asked me did I ever think about how dangerous it may be and what would I do if. I pulled my shirt up to reveal my 7 shot .357 with the crimson trace grip. He didn't worry about me anymore.

.357/.38sp taurus

Here's that MAC11 and my CZ82 Makarov.

My CZ82 (From the 1980's former soviet block police issues). Shoots a 9x18mm Makarov round. Loves steel ammo so it's cheap to shoot.

My favorite pistol I own. A Ruger MKIII Target Pistol

My Ruger P95.

Those are some older photos. The AR has changed quite a bit. I'll get some pics/videos of cooler ones when I go back home to GA. These are what I've got with me in texas.

Superacerc's Journal

Last edited by Superacerc; 11-23-2012 at 07:22 PM.
post #397 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Forum Member

I'm grinning looking at these pics!

I was in Vegas in October and my girl planned a 'special outing' for me. It was a trip to the gun range,she shot a few guns too.

I had so much fun but the first shot took me back a bit. I thought about how it would feel to shoot an actual person. It seemed like its a hard decision unless you're in a dangerous situation.

VF43
ISC N1
287/290
post #398 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
Contributing Member

Yeah, you should find it hard to think about shooting someone but need to have the instinct to do so when danger presents itself. People who delay often end up dead. I've never found it difficult to pull the trigger on animals (I only shoot em when I need some meat in the freezer). Some people get "buck fever" when they see something they are about to shoot but it never seemed to even occur from the start with me. Maybe it's cause I've been going since I was little with my dad. It's just part of living where I was from in semi-rural GA. I could shoot dear off my back porch.

In GA and Texas and many other states that support Concealed carry, When you shoot someone it's better to make sure they don't get back up and that is often taught in courses. Some places may have you end up in jail after hurting a robber breaking and entering on your property, even if it was clear he was there to do harm. If he's no longer living, he can't sue you or take you to court which makes it easier for everyone. If it was clear that you/someone else was in immediate danger at the time, no questions are asked. In Texas you can shoot people that come on your property and have the intent to do harm to you or your property (i.e. lawnmower or whatever is on your property) and your neighbors property so long as you and the neighbor have an agreement that you are to watch over each other's places when not home.

Superacerc's Journal

Last edited by Superacerc; 11-23-2012 at 07:55 PM.
post #399 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Forum Member

Love that SKS.

My two favorites. IWI Jericho 941 compact and Steyr Pro Hunter. The Jericho had a Mossad style slide until they made them illegal to own (2 round burst).

post #400 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
Contributing Member

Thanks, it's just a crappy monte carlo stock that I decided to make desert tan just so it wouldn't look so run of the mill. Its by far my most reliable semiauto rifle. Cant screw it up no matter how you treat it.

I like that steyer. Bolt actions are my favorite and steyer is an awesome company. I like their A1 with the triangular sight. Makes it really easy to get the sight picture quickly.

People always think that auto weapons are the thing to have and for some cases thats true. I however take confidence in knowing i can shoot a guy before he can see me or know im there. Thats why I like my remington 700 .308. When I shoot something I make it sporting and put a bullet in its head instead of aiming for the center mass heart area. Gives them at least some odds that I wont hit it but they usually dont make it. I can group factory ammo with the bipod flipped out, at 100yds between .5" &.75". At 300yds on the bipod I make about 3" groups. Havent had much occasion to target test it beyond 300.

Superacerc's Journal

Last edited by Superacerc; 11-23-2012 at 08:41 PM.
post #401 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Forum Member

I need to get out of NYC haha

VF43
ISC N1
287/290
post #402 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
Contributing Member

Everyone in my family are gun people. My mother and father both have permits and carry daily. So do my wife's parents. We take big family range trips when we get together and stay out usually at least 4-6hrs on a saturday morning. Depending on that day's "gun theme," we usually expend anywhere from 2500-9000 rounds. Here in texas with limited resources I dont get quite as extravegant but will easily go through 600-1000 rounds of pistol ammo on a saturday morning. Its rare that I take the rifles out cause I have to go father away to an outdoor range and the ammo costs more, but I do have a .22lr conversion for my ar15 so I can shoot it at my local indoor range.

I like to take people with me and teach them. Sometimes I'll slip some 150grain .357 in the revolver while they think its still .38. Always good for a laugh.

Superacerc's Journal
post #403 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2005
Car Model: forester xt
Transmission: 5spd
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hey superacer what made you get the P95?I have one but kinda regretted my my purchase.(mainly cause I was ripped off)

CSK TUNED
post #404 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
Contributing Member

Its reliable, single/double action, and when the sr9 came out the price fell out from under it. Paid $320 for it late 2010. Its a great gun thats not too flashy but really accurate. I was really looking for something fairly cheap but not total crap like those cheapo low end smith and wessons to replace a double action only 9mm I had at the time.

I can think of tons of other 9mm that I like better but this was a great bargain.

Superacerc's Journal
post #405 of 1870 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Forum Member

Quote:
I like to take people with me and teach them. Sometimes I'll slip some 150grain .357 in the revolver while they think its still .38. Always good for a laugh.
I had a 45 super 1911 that i would do that with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > General Forums > Member Gallery > Members' Journals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Forester Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.