(Continued from above)
With the old headers, cat, and muffler off, I went ahead a prepped the new exhaust system by spraying the headers with high-temp silicon (thinking I was going to wrap next).
Once that was done, we concluded the wrapping could wait since my engine was still leaking atf and engine oil and the fluids would simply absorb into the wrapping. We then proceeded to assemble the system piece by piece onto the foz and ran into a problem: the pipes were designed for the 2.5RS, not the Forester, thus the undercarriage kept the pipes from aligning just right and caused leaks. To resolve that, we just took everything aside and assembled it together to slap on as one piece. It worked, but had some other issues (message me for more details and tips if your trying this, too). It was a royal pain in the A**, but the rumble was worth it
SG Suspension Upgrade
When I got the struts in, they were covered in rust bubbles and nastiness that didnt hint at them having only 50k miles on them. Regardless, I set out to cleaning them off before spraying them down with some leftover plastidip.
(Ill add before photos later)
All scraped off and sprayed over
With everything back on and in place (mostly), I drove it down to CSR garage for the alignment. Since I was stumped and tired of working on it, I asked them to find out why it was leaking so much atf onto the exhaust, as well as to find out what was causing a screeching when I turned the wheel a certain distance to either side.
It turns out that the transmission cooler line had a hole rubbed into the side of it from the steering shaft spinning, and was leaking directly onto the steering rack and making it look at fault. The screeching, I found out, was from the sway bar links rubbing the inside of the wheels... I had installed them to where the links were horizontal and not vertical...
, so got that fixed and the hose replaced at home and it was finally and totally done! For now...
So here she is!
Just after the alignment... with almost no more butt-sag (without spacers)