So it's been a while since I have been on here and I apologize for that. My hard drive crashed in my laptop and I have been super busy getting ready to move up to Penn State. Anyway here is the update:
Some before shots.
I started removing things from the WRX before we moved it onto the post lift.
The swap happened the weekend of the 13th and 14th of July. I started at about 8:30 am on the 13th and had both cars motors, trans, front subframe, front brakes, etc out by 11 am. I had access to a post lift and a floor lift. For some reason when pulling the cars into the shop we put the Forester on the post lift first.
After pulling the motor, trans, exhaust, driveshaft, front suspension and brakes out of the Forester we dropped it onto a roller and moved it out of the way.
The Forester motor, trans, subframe, brakes, etc.
How we moved the Forester
Then we pushed the wrx onto the post lift and dropped everything out from under the car. I mean everything. Engine, trans, all suspension, brakes, subframes, rear diff, exhaust, driveshaft, gas tank, etc. We then dropped the WRX onto a car-o-liner frame rack and pushed it back over the floor lift. We pushed the forester back onto the post lift and pulled the rear end and rear suspension out. We then installed the WRX rear end, subframe, suspension, and brakes.
Forester motor etc. is hanging on the chains, WRX lot is on the wheel jacks in the background. There are parts everywhere for both cars at this point haha. You can see the WRX on the car-o-liner rack all stripped out and the Forester ready to be pushed back onto the post lift!
Then I tackled tearing out the rest of the WRX. I pulled the rest of the interior (already removed some at home). Then the dash and steering column. Then the wiring
Almost there.... sorta
Then I removed the Forester interior and dash and all the wiring. This wasn't as bad since nothing was being reused except carpet and seats.
Then I replaced the brake pads all the way around on the WRX brakes. The rears were in the Forester already while the fronts were still attached to the subframe/motor/trans. Made it pretty easy to change them. I did the timing, pullies, tensioner, and water pump on the WRX motor and replaced the p/s & alt belt. Then I tried to replace the axles and found out I had the wrong ones.
I believe thats all I did on Saturday and I left the shop at about 3:00 am