I think its about time to start a journal. I'm still very early in the life of my Forester, but I feel like I've got an idea where I'd like to take it. This is my second Subie, my first Forester. Came from an N/A Impreza. Was in an accident (single vehicle, no injuries), total loss. Insurance covered the remaining cost of the loan as well as some overage money... took that and made a down payment on a CPO 2016 FXT Touring in ISM with 8.3k miles on the clock.
So here we go... start of with the basics:
2016 Subaru Forester XT Touring 2.0L FA20DIT Turbocharged engine.
Turbo intake duct recall was serviced before purchased.
- Eyesight & Nav (no SD card, Dealership ordered me a new one)
- Harmon Kardon HU (Replaced w/ aftermarket HU and amp)
- Rear seat back protecter
- Rear lift-gate bumper guard
- Subaru OEM Splash Guards (removed immediately and replace with RA mud flaps)
- Gigantic F'ing moonroof!!!
- Rear Cargo Mat
- Dual-Side Rear Cargo Nets
- Thats about it, I think
Current mods as of 06/28/17:
- Full Rear Debadging (Except for Subaru Emblem)
- WeatherTech front and rear Laser-Measured Floor Liners (Part #: 44531-1-2)
- Subaru Side Window Deflectors (F0010SG600)
- Diode Dynamics Interior Lighting Kit:
License Plate (Pure White, 194_HP3P-lic1)
Map Light (Cool White, 31mm_SMF6W-map2)
Dome Light (Cool White, 31mm_SMF6W-dom1)
Door Light (Cool White 194_HP3W-dor4)
- Diode Dynamics SS30 Light Bar
- JDMFanaticVinyl "F" Overlays (2014FRSTR-EMBLEM"F" ):
Logo Color: Spark Silver Metallic
Background Color: Gloss Black
Custom cut front overlay for Subaru Sport Grille (14.5cm x 7cm)
- Subaru Forester Sport Grille (J1010SG100):
Custom vinyl-wrapped in Satin Black (Tint Pros in Blaine, MN)
- Window Tints (Tint Pros in Blaine, MN):
20% front driver and passanger windows
- Rally Armor Mud Flaps (MF28-UR-BLK/GRY):
Ended up removing the rear bracket that was included in the installation kit. Had rubbing issues after lowering.
- OEM Subaru Lower Molding (Right and Left side (91112SG101 & 91112SG111 ($33.48 from Dealership)):
After removing the OEM splash guards I realized there was exposed frame where the splash guards were. After a brief search I saw Foresters without the splash guards and they had a trim piece in place of where the splash guards. Picked up the trim pieces and installed those.
- Dynamat in front doors, spare tire well and rear cargo area
- Horribly Plastidipped fog light bezels (will be having wrapped in the Spring of 2017)
- Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights (Type S) w/Yellow Lamin-X film (1 × LF10)
- Feal 441 Coilovers (441SU-08)
- Feal Extended Damping Adjusters (for the rear)
- Whiteline 20mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar Kit (BSR49Z)
- Whiteline Rear Adjustable Later Link Arms (Toe Arms (KTA147))
- Whiteline Rear Lower Control Arms (KTA216)
- Kartboy Rear Endlink Kit (KB-017-08+Rear)
- STI Lip (ordered from JapanParts)
- Nameless Performance Catback with 5" single wall mufflers
- Work Seeker CX 18x8.5 +38 A disk (Ordered from RavSpec)
Powder Coated Matte Black at Adrenaline Powder Coating in White Bear Lake, MN
- Work Emotion D9R 19x9.5 +38
- Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX (Purchased from Crutchfield)
- Polk Audio DB6501 Component Speakers ((Front) Purchased on Amazon)
- JL Audio XD1000/5v2 Power Amp (Purchased from local audio store)
- JL Audio 10w6v2-D4 Subwoofer (Purchased on Amazon)
- Front Speaker Adapter (x2) with 5" Cutout (Purchased from SubaruAudio.net)
- Tweeter Adapter (x2) with 1.951" Cutout (Purchased from SubaruAudio.net)
- JL Audio XD-PCS4-1B Amplifier Power Connection System (Purchased on Amazon)
- JL Audio HD-RLC Remote Level Control (Purchased on Amazon)
- JL Audio XD-CLRAIC2-18 (x2) RCA Cables (Purchased on Amazon)
- 28 Pin Aux Retention Harness with Aux, RCAs, Reverse Gear, VSS, Parking Brake and ASWC (Purchased from ae64.com)
- Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Interface Module (Purchased from ae64.com)
- Subaru USB Adapter 2 (Purchased from ae64.com)
- 5-pin Rear Camera Retention Harness for Subaru 7" Starlink HU (Purchased from ae64.com)
- Projector Retrofit from LightWerkz
- Front Bumper DRLs (I'm scared of electrical work, though... makes no sense to me)
- Full Chrome Delete (Window Trim, etc)
- Pro Tune (I still have many of thousands of miles to drive first)
- Debating if at some point I'd like to have the roof rack delete done.
- ... hoodscoopandsti6mtswapwithnoproblemsandeverythingw orksoutjustasIvedreamedandthatwouldbethebestthinge verbutprobablywillneverhappenmod
On 09/09/16 (9033 miles):
Brought my Forester in for condensation in the rear right tail light.
Dealership replaced entire assembly under warranty.
10/11/16 (10,653 miles):
Got a call from the Dealership stating that they received a Starlink Notification for the airbag systems. I never had any alerts in the vehicle, no warning lights, no Starlink notifications on my end. Brought the vehicle in, had it checked out. Nobody really knows what happened there. No future notifications and no fee for the systems check.
10/26/16 (11,482 miles)
Brought in the Foz for its 12k service and first oil change as new owner.
01/11/17 (14,243 miles)
Oil change and tire rotation performed at Dealership
02/24/17 (18,472 miles)
Oil change performed at Dealership
05/12/17 (21,813 miles)
Oil changed performed at Dealership
More to follow...