Crawford AOS
Killer B oil pickup
Killer B oil baffle
PTP turbo blanket
Koyo aluminum radiator
Homemade aluminum hood scoop splitter
Shell Rotella T6 5w40 engine oil

Drivetrain:
Stock 5 speed(I believe in you!! :biggrin:)
Cusco engine mounts
Cusco Transmission mount
Kartboy pitch stop mount
Kartboy front and rear shift bushings
Kartboy short throw shifter
Kartboy crossmember bushings
Kartboy outrigger bushings
TIC shift linkage bushings
Beatrush rear diff mount support bar
Redline shockproof gear lube

Brakes/Suspension:
Stock :|

Wheels and Tires:
2015 Forester 17" wheels
Continental pure contact tires

Interior:
BNA Solutions dash lid triple gauge pod
Subtle Solutions ash tray gauge pod
PLX Wideband AFR gauge
*Prosport premium:
*Boost gauge
*Oil pressure gauge
*Oil temp gauge
*Water temp gauge
Pioneer AVH-X2600BT head unit

Exterior:
OEM rear hatch spoiler
JDM sti hood scoop
Debaged hatch, left 2.5XT emblem
Thule bike rack

First post:

I have been searching for an XT for quite awhile now after getting in an accident in my '98 and I finally found one.

It's an '06 Limited XT, 5mt with 94k on the clock. It feels so good to finally have a turbo.

The plan for it is always as it has been, lower and louder(Edit: and faster! :biggrin:) but first I have to get rid of those awful wheels. :puke:

-Matt

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks! I think the 14 forester wheels are 21 lbs, just going off a post in the oem wheel thread. Eventually I want to a more aggressive wheel/tire setup.

These two wheels actually came off a wrecked car at my dealership and are straight with only a few scuffs and a small gouge in one.
I ordered two new wheels from Subaru which are actually way affordable. I didn't even price out remans. Ordered tires from Discount Tire last week and should be here soon, went with Continental Pure Contacts that i'm hoping will do well. I've never shopped for tires before and was overwhelmed with all the choices.

I'll post pictures when i get them on.. Very excited! :banana:

#10 ·
So I'm not sure what I should do next. I'm thinking either a short throw, spoiler, or a new head unit.

I snagged the front and rear shift bushings out of my '98 before I sold it so those combined with a short throw would be a big difference.
The spoiler I think would really top off the looks of it and I can get it painted for a pretty reasonable price at my work.
The head unit because I really, really miss my music. Radio sucks.. Thinking a nice double din unit, but I don't really like the looks of any of the ones I've seen, and I don't think I want a touch screen.

What do you guys think?

#11 ·
I have a nice simple JVC double DIN in mine. It actually looks like it fits right in with the cabin. Really low key. It has one big silver knob (I'm old school like Alpine) and the rest are buttons. Has the usual Bluetooth, 2 USB's, etc.etc. I like it.

#14 · (Edited)
So I took advantage of Rally sports sale and ordered a short throw. I saved the bushings from my old foz and put them in today.

Stock shifter and the plate that holds the rubber boot down.

Front bushings.

Rear bushing.

cut out the corner section to get clearance for the shift rod.

I like it, I wish Kartboy would make the rear bushings with a lower hole so the shift rod doesn't come up so high. I don't know why they don't.

Also thought I would include some engine carnage from an sti that came into the shop. :icon_eek:

#17 ·
Leaky oil cooler

So today I decided to tackle my leaking oil cooler and I took some pictures to document the process if anybody else has the same issue.

I believe the 04/05 xt is different than the 06-08, so this would not be helpful if you have an older one.
I would plan doing this with your next oil change as you will need to replace the oil filter.

Here are the gaskets you will need. You will need two of the larger orange ones.

First things first, remove the oil filter and disconnect the coolant lines to the cooler.

Next you will need to remove the large 24mm bolt in the middle of the cooler, which will let you remove the first piece of the assembly.

This is how it looks with the main part of the cooler removed.

Next remove the six 10mm bolts that hold the middle plate in. To remove the plate I had to use a bit of force because of the o ring that seals it to the upper plate. It pulls straight down.

With the middle plate off this it how it will look.

Remove the 21mm bolt to remove the upper plate.
After that you will be to the engine block.

Here are the parts cleaned up and laid out in order.

Replace your gaskets and install in reverse order.
The upper plate and main cooler are directional

Their proper rotation is noted here.

Finish up the oil change and fill and bleed the cooling system.

All done. :bananapowerslide:

#40 ·
So today I decided to tackle my leaking oil cooler and I took some pictures to document the process if anybody else has the same issue.

I believe the 04/05 xt is different than the 06-08, so this would not be helpful if you have an older one.
I would plan doing this with your next oil change as you will need to replace the oil filter.

Here are the gaskets you will need. You will need two of the larger orange ones.

First things first, remove the oil filter and disconnect the coolant lines to the cooler.

Next you will need to remove the large 24mm bolt in the middle of the cooler, which will let you remove the first piece of the assembly.

This is how it looks with the main part of the cooler removed.

Next remove the six 10mm bolts that hold the middle plate in. To remove the plate I had to use a bit of force because of the o ring that seals it to the upper plate. It pulls straight down.

With the middle plate off this it how it will look.

Remove the 21mm bolt to remove the upper plate.
After that you will be to the engine block.

Here are the parts cleaned up and laid out in order.

Replace your gaskets and install in reverse order.
The upper plate and main cooler are directional

Their proper rotation is noted here.

Finish up the oil change and fill and bleed the cooling system.

All done. :bananapowerslide:
Nice car, I like the OEM look of it.

How did you adapt the expansion tank cap to fit the funnel through it, it is a great idea to bleed the system.

Can you share some pics and how you made it?

Thanks.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.