Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Martin's 04 FXT Trailer

4K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  SohcsR4feet 
#1 ·
Some of you have known or seen my old car before. Long story short. I was front mount 20g full 6 speed swap. And flared. I hydroplaned headed home one night. Rear end came out. Then hooked and I was headed straight towards a 5 foot center concrete barrier. I hit it at 55 ish mph. Probably destroyed the motor and barley messed up the fmic. Lol

But anyways. It needed 2 frame rails a motor and alot more. They totaled the car and I bought it back. It has been sitting at my house under snow until TODAY!

The plan is to make a trailer to tow behind my new (to me). Built/ 6 Speed swapped jdm forester.

http://www.subaruforester.org/index.php?page=active_topics#/forumsite/20556/topics/494370?page=1

I towed the car to my work today, got it in our flat bay. And will start gutting it!

I will be cutting in front of the B pillars and then in front of the bar on the floor under drivers seats. I have a plasma cutter being loaned to me on Saturday/ or Monday. I will be posting pictures of progress.

I work at an axle and Wheel shop where we specialize in trailers, so making this legit and perfect is a plan for me! And should be relatively easy.

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·

Slowly coming along, but perfection takes time! Headliner trimmed, interior pieces put in, flat door trim on! JDM front spats trimmed Today was stupid productive. Passenger side has been constantly getting touched up as well

#17 ·
What will you be using the trailer for? Utility and hauling, or are you going to use it for something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cut it for more leg room plus to go more with the contour of the car.

I will never do one again. Unless for a bunch of money. There's so much time into it... Haha

And there is no real purpose to the trailer so far, mostly show, and cuz I could. It won't be used for camping because the tow car won't see any off road with 600whp +

#24 ·
Finally got back to working on this!!!!

got the whole rear sub floor made for the trunk area.

headliner is getting ready to paint, and interior trim pieces ready to be painted back

Rear bumper has been changed from the one off my V mount car because i got a JDM bumper. also put the rear spats on it as well!!

Got the TV hug and (plugged in - not to the car yet haha)

but its big big progress just gotta figure other stuff out but will get there!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.