('01-'02) Luis's first Forester :) - Page 3 - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Forum Member
 
Forester4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bronx new york
Posts: 125
Car Year: 2005
Car Model: Xt limited
Transmission: MT
Good lookin fozzie

MY05XT 5MT
Forester4life is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-27-2012, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
 
edwing206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Shoreline, WA
Posts: 302
Car Year: 2002
Car Model: Forester L
Transmission: 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02foresterL View Post
Those headlights look awesome, I call first dibs if you ever sell them!

Was swapping out the steering wheel hard at all? I may consider buying one, but want to find out what it entails first.
Thanks man! Consider them yours if I ever sell them haha.

Swapping out the steering wheel was super easy! You need to re-use your current airbag and swap out the cruise control stalk with your current one and you're good. I can't remember if I had to cut and re-wire the connectors but I'm pretty sure I didn't. If you do need to I would crimp the wires just to be super safe, this is an airbag we're talking about after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester4life View Post
Good lookin fozzie
Thank you!

-Luis

First USDM SF w/ HID Projectors :cool:
edwing206 is offline  
post #33 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 05:42 AM
Forum Member
 
02foresterL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bensalem, PA
Posts: 1,557
Car Year: 02
Car Model: SF-L
Transmission: 4EAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwing206 View Post
Thanks man! Consider them yours if I ever sell them haha.

Swapping out the steering wheel was super easy! You need to re-use your current airbag and swap out the cruise control stalk with your current one and you're good. I can't remember if I had to cut and re-wire the connectors but I'm pretty sure I didn't. If you do need to I would crimp the wires just to be super safe, this is an airbag we're talking about after all.
Ok awesome, I'm not too sure where to even start at for taking off my old wheel. I'll wait until I actually find one before I get into it. Thanks.
02foresterL is offline  
post #34 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Forum Member
 
climbingbum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 120
Car Year: 1998
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: Manual
Please tell more about fitting the 05 wrx rear seats. What kind of modifications did you have to make?

Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwing206 View Post
Well I haven't done much to my car other than maintenance and other small things:

Got a snowboard rack for the upcoming season.

Used a headlight restoration kit to clear up my head lights and I'm about to install some vinyl over them to keep them clear.

Got some red lug nuts which I love.

Bought some Aspen White touch up paint and filled in a bunch of little random chips and stuff, makes the Foz look a lot better.

I also got some front Bugeye WRX seats which are amazing! And I got rear 05 WRX seats that are all black, they don't match the fronts obviously but I actually prefer having the back all black, it looks much cleaner especially with my tinted windows.

That about sums up 6 months of little random things I've been doing to my car in one long-*** post haha thanks for reading.

Here's the latest picture of my Foz with my friend's Limited Edition Ninja 250 before we went for a little cruise:
climbingbum is offline  
post #35 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
 
edwing206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Shoreline, WA
Posts: 302
Car Year: 2002
Car Model: Forester L
Transmission: 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02foresterL View Post
Ok awesome, I'm not too sure where to even start at for taking off my old wheel. I'll wait until I actually find one before I get into it. Thanks.
Yeah no problem. Taking off the steering wheel is really easy. Let me know if you need help when you get a steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbingbum View Post
Please tell more about fitting the 05 wrx rear seats. What kind of modifications did you have to make?

Tyler
I only had to re-use my bracket that holds the two halves of the rear seat together, just replace the bracket on the new seats with your old bracket and bolt back in. If you have one other person to help you install the seats it will be a lot easier. Good luck and if you need more help don't hesitate to ask!

-Luis

First USDM SF w/ HID Projectors :cool:
edwing206 is offline  
post #36 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Forum Member
 
2cam16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Peninsula in the Bay Area
Posts: 1,397
Car Year: 2001
Car Model: Forester S
Transmission: 5MT
Garage
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwing206 View Post


I only had to re-use my bracket that holds the two halves of the rear seat together, just replace the bracket on the new seats with your old bracket and bolt back in. If you have one other person to help you install the seats it will be a lot easier. Good luck and if you need more help don't hesitate to ask!
Luis,
Any pictures of your rear seats? Also, did you get wagon seats?
thanks

-Rob-
'01 S Sedona Red Pearl
2cam16 is offline  
post #37 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Forum Member
 
climbingbum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 120
Car Year: 1998
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: Manual
+1 for pics

Also do they fold all the way down still?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cam16 View Post
Luis,
Any pictures of your rear seats? Also, did you get wagon seats?
thanks
climbingbum is offline  
post #38 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
 
edwing206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Shoreline, WA
Posts: 302
Car Year: 2002
Car Model: Forester L
Transmission: 5MT
Hey Rob, yeah I got wagon seats. I'm almost positive that sedan seats won't fit in Foresters, or wagons for that matter.

And climbingbum, yes they still fold all the way down and they are SO much more comfortable than the stock seats.

Here are a few pictures of the seats as requested. The pictures are a little washed out due to a crappy cellphone camera and the fact that it's super sunny out, anyways:






-Luis

First USDM SF w/ HID Projectors :cool:
edwing206 is offline  
post #39 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Forum Member
 
2cam16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Peninsula in the Bay Area
Posts: 1,397
Car Year: 2001
Car Model: Forester S
Transmission: 5MT
Garage
Nice job! Looks like I'll go searching for some wagon seats. Thanks for the pics!
OT: we keep similar stuff in our Foresters: bike and soccer equipment. lol

-Rob-
'01 S Sedona Red Pearl
2cam16 is offline  
post #40 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
 
edwing206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Shoreline, WA
Posts: 302
Car Year: 2002
Car Model: Forester L
Transmission: 5MT
No problem, good luck with your search!

And good eye haha!

-Luis

First USDM SF w/ HID Projectors :cool:
edwing206 is offline  
post #41 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Forum Member
 
climbingbum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 120
Car Year: 1998
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: Manual
I'm so jealous!!! Looks like I'm looking for a set of 05 front and rear wagons seats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwing206 View Post
Hey Rob, yeah I got wagon seats. I'm almost positive that sedan seats won't fit in Foresters, or wagons for that matter.

And climbingbum, yes they still fold all the way down and they are SO much more comfortable than the stock seats.

Here are a few pictures of the seats as requested. The pictures are a little washed out due to a crappy cellphone camera and the fact that it's super sunny out, anyways:





climbingbum is offline  
post #42 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Forum Member
 
fozzyWOZZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 1,467
Car Year: 98
Car Model: forester
Transmission: 5 speed
so rear wagon seats fit in the sf's??

oh and by the way im jealous of your white forester!
fozzyWOZZY is online now  
post #43 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Forum Member
 
climbingbum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 120
Car Year: 1998
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: Manual
From the sounds of it he only had to change out one bracket and then they bolt right in.


Quote:
Originally Posted by edwing206 View Post
Yeah no problem. Taking off the steering wheel is really easy. Let me know if you need help when you get a steering wheel.



I only had to re-use my bracket that holds the two halves of the rear seat together, just replace the bracket on the new seats with your old bracket and bolt back in. If you have one other person to help you install the seats it will be a lot easier. Good luck and if you need more help don't hesitate to ask!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzyWOZZY View Post
so rear wagon seats fit in the sf's??

oh and by the way im jealous of your white forester!
climbingbum is offline  
post #44 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Forum Member
 
91Yota's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 513
Car Year: 2000
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: MAN-ual
Seeing your SF with WRX front AND rear seats makes me want the same even more. LOVE IT. Also, there's another journal I just saw today and your SFs look extremely identical!

Caitee's 02
91Yota is offline  
post #45 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member
 
edwing206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Shoreline, WA
Posts: 302
Car Year: 2002
Car Model: Forester L
Transmission: 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by climbingbum View Post
I'm so jealous!!! Looks like I'm looking for a set of 05 front and rear wagons seats!
My old seats were all grey and they looked so blah! I hope you find some nice seats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzyWOZZY View Post
so rear wagon seats fit in the sf's??

oh and by the way im jealous of your white forester!
Yup the wagon seats fit, 02-07 Imprezas that is, I think the new ones are different.

I'm jealous of you new wheels! Me likey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbingbum View Post
From the sounds of it he only had to change out one bracket and then they bolt right in.
This is correct. Just use the bracket from your current rear seats and bolt back in, so simple for such an awesome upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Yota View Post
Seeing your SF with WRX front AND rear seats makes me want the same even more. LOVE IT. Also, there's another journal I just saw today and your SFs look extremely identical!

Caitee's 02
Thanks man! Your car is coming along nicely! I love the offload look you've got going.

There are a few black and white SFs on the board, I love it!

-Luis

First USDM SF w/ HID Projectors :cool:
edwing206 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Subaru Forester Owners Forum > General Forums > Member Gallery > Members' Journals

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Subaru Forester Owners Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome