Contributing Member

Car Year: SJ
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kceastsparks View Post
I had the same thing happen. They completely avoided me asking about the 15 WRX exhaust because "they have any exhaust specific exhaust for the 14+ forester xt, with perfect sized tips for the bumper"

Oh well, I found another solution hah
Lol....oh well. They lost my business. Unless a SJ owner test fits the 15 WRX, until then I am looking elsewhere.

Quote:
So I picked up my 15 XT Premium yesterday. Not exactly a smooth morning, my sales person got in a wreck on the way there so he was late, then when I got there they had just started tinting my window. Two hours later they were done with tint and prep so I was clear to leave. Tried to haul a$$ out of denver because there was a severe thunderstorm morning though the area with hail.

The drive home was about 270 miles, and for almost 200 of it there was a tornado watch with hail and flash flooding likely. Not exactly what you want to drive to drive your new car through haha. Luckily I missed all the hail and most of the rain, I dodged a tornado by about 20 minutes. Sketchy stuff!

After the drive here's what I love so far: BOOST, I've never owned a turbo vehicle before so this is rad. Visiblity is awesome, interior is real nice for being the cheaper model, 2015 premium comes with heated seats AND the nice leather shifter bezel! So stoked. Overall very pleased with it.

Today I took it down to get new wheels, it looks wayyyyy better. While at the shop a guy pulled up in a 13 wrx with an invidia exhaust, I asked if he had his stock and he said 'no but I've got an SPT one if you want to buy it' EPIC WIN

So I'll pick it up from him next week, 3000 miles on it for $400 sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to debadge, mudflaps, wrap grill and fog light housing flat black, maybe paint brake calipers, and roof basket
Right on dude! Shitty on the drive home but you made it back safe in your new foz! $400 sounds like a great deal to me on a slightly used CBE. Can't wait to hear it. Now with my new wheels on the calipers show even more, painting calipers is also on my list. Not sure on color yet. What are color you going with?

Quote:
Oh yeah...

Stay in S# my friends

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2015
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sway162 View Post
Lol....oh well. They lost my business. Unless a SJ owner test fits the 15 WRX, until then I am looking elsewhere.

Right on dude! Shitty on the drive home but you made it back safe in your new foz! $400 sounds like a great deal to me on a slightly used CBE. Can't wait to hear it. Now with my new wheels on the calipers show even more, painting calipers is also on my list. Not sure on color yet. What are color you going with?

Yeah same here, frustrated they didn't want to acknowledge that I wanted it and I told them others where interested.

Dude weather has been crazy out here, yesterday a tornado touched down in the mountains 5 miles from my apartment, weird stuff.

I'll be sure to record lots of clips with the exhaust, GoPro and my nicer Nikon. Unfortunately for the brake calipers I'm going with red. Like everyone. I painted the wind fairing on the roof basket red as well as the bottom 2" of my gorilla mud flaps, and I already had some red Hella Horns that got a fresh coat. Hopefully I'll be able to get most of it wrapped up by the end of next week.

The crappy part about mining is I stay away from home 5 days at a time, so I mostly just research mods and order parts haha.

post #34 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 06:47 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2014
Car Model: Forester XT Touring
I had the SPT on mine for a few weeks. Sounded ok but the drone on the interstate was enough to drive me bonkers so I sold it.

Curious as to your take on it when you instal.

Kelso
post #35 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMT View Post
I had the SPT on mine for a few weeks. Sounded ok but the drone on the interstate was enough to drive me bonkers so I sold it.

Curious as to your take on it when you instal.
Really?!

I'll be sure to post back, hopefully it's not bad because I'm probsbly taking a huge road trip right after I put it on haha

Did you do the install yourself?
post #36 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 01:40 PM
Forum Member

It wasnt terrible, the drone, but I bought the car because of how quiet it was on the inside and that went away with the exhaust.

Make sure you have a good original gasket on the new mid pipe or try to source a new one. I reused the original on mine mostly because I couldnt find a part number for a new one.

Instal is pretty simple and didnt take more than an hour.

Kelso
post #37 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 02:31 PM
Forester of the Year 2014
Contributing Member

Car Year: SJ
Garage
You find the SJ XT too quiet I am sure you will enjoy your new SPT. The STi pipes on mine drones little bit but I love the sound of it. lol

Damn, crazy weather in WY. I didn't know you get tornadoes, isn't that pretty rare?

Stay in S# my friends

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sway162 View Post
You find the SJ XT too quiet I am sure you will enjoy your new SPT. The STi pipes on mine drones little bit but I love the sound of it. lol

Damn, crazy weather in WY. I didn't know you get tornadoes, isn't that pretty rare?
Not as rare as I thought, this year there's been at least four. They rarely cause damage since there's so much open land.
post #39 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Holding off on the SPT exhaust for a bit. Got a big road trip planned and would rather have the extra cash for other things right now. Definitely want to get an exhaust system down the road though. Got the Gorilla mud flaps installed, took me about 20 minutes. I'm happy with how my red on the bottoms turned out. Might add the Gorilla stickers onto em. Sorry for the edited iPhone pic, hazy skies are killing my camera.

post #40 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 10:44 AM
Contributing Member

Car Year: 2012
Car Model: 2.5X
Transmission: 4EAT
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Debadged, but left the dealer plate on? Must love that dealer, huh?

That's a good looking Forester, though! SWP just looks so damn clean.

post #41 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmee View Post
Debadged, but left the dealer plate on? Must love that dealer, huh?

That's a good looking Forester, though! SWP just looks so damn clean.
I had actually just pulled it off, but it was so damn dirty underneath and I was too focused on other things to bother cleaning it haha.

Thank you! Finishing up plastidippin the grill right now then I'll be somewhat happy, for now hah.
post #42 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 11:58 AM
Contributing Member

Car Year: 2012
Car Model: 2.5X
Transmission: 4EAT
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
...for now...
Key phrase.

I'm whittling down my "wish list" so instead of sitting back and saying, "Yeah. That's good. I'm happy." I go find other things that I've never heard about or seen and want those.

That grill will make a big difference in my opinion. It doesn't get much better than a blacked-out white car--for me at least.

post #43 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Forum Member

Quote:
Key phrase.

I'm whittling down my "wish list" so instead of sitting back and saying, "Yeah. That's good. I'm happy." I go find other things that I've never heard about or seen and want those.

That grill will make a big difference in my opinion. It doesn't get much better than a blacked-out white car--for me at least.
I feel you.

Please dont post photos of your blacked out grill. I have enough things to do already.

Kelso
post #44 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Quote:
Key phrase.

I'm with you 100% on that, it's a problem.

And white on black is my favorite, my Crosstrek was all murdered out and it was just too boring for me.
post #45 of 421 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMT View Post
I feel you.

Please dont post photos of your blacked out grill. I have enough things to do already.
Don't scroll down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > General Forums > Member Gallery > Members' Journals

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode