('14+) KCEastSparks 2015 FXT - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

 2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member
 
kceastsparks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 658
Car Year: 2015
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
KCEastSparks 2015 FXT

Figured I should update this. Here's what we've got so far:

Gorilla Offroad Mud Flaps with 2" red stripe on bottom
JDM Fanatics Vinyl Subaru Badge Overlays.
VHT Nightshades tinted Taillights
Blacked out headlight housing
Red stripe along groove on front end
Plastidipped gloss black grille
Plastidipped copper fog light surrounds
Enkei Tuning Raijin 18x8 Black wheels plastidipped copper
Carbon Fiber tape for window trim chrome delete
Red Hella Supertone Horns with wiring harness.
Rola roof basket

To-do list:
Winter tires/maybe wheels
Cusco Front Strut Bar
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar
WRX/STi Steering wheel
Invidia N1
Full headlight retro
Projector fog lights



Before second coats of copper metalizer on the wheel.


WRXForesterXT likes this.

Last edited by kceastsparks; 09-10-2014 at 02:57 PM.
kceastsparks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Forester of the Year 2014
Contributing Member
 
sway162's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 2,815
Car Year: SJ
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Congrats! Nice list so far.

I would recommend rear sway bar. Stock is 24mm front and 16mm rear. Bring up the rear anywhere between 19-22mm and your ride will improve dramatically. Overall, the ride will feel more balanced and take away some swaying around turns. It doesn't take all the swaying but it helps towards it.


Stay in S# my friends


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sway162 is offline  
post #3 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member
 
kceastsparks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 658
Car Year: 2015
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sway162 View Post
Congrats! Nice list so far.

I would recommend rear sway bar. Stock is 24mm front and 16mm rear. Bring up the rear anywhere between 19-22mm and your ride will improve dramatically. Overall, the ride will feel more balanced and take away some swaying around turns. It doesn't take all the swaying but it helps towards it.
Thanks man I'll definitely do that. I don't know much about sway bars so are endlinks a must or just recommended?
kceastsparks is offline  
post #4 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Forester of the Year 2014
Contributing Member
 
sway162's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 2,815
Car Year: SJ
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just recommended. Some say you have to and others do fine with stock. Our stock endlinks though are not that bad. If you go more than a 22mm on the rears then maybe you should but I honestly think you be fine with stock.

Stay in S# my friends


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sway162 is offline  
post #5 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 11:25 AM
Contributing Member
 
lcrazyaznl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Queens, NY / LI
Posts: 3,524
Car Year: 2014
Car Model: Forester XT
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
to save some money find your sti buddies with their stock bars laying around its a free upgrade =P
lcrazyaznl is offline  
post #6 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member
 
kceastsparks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 658
Car Year: 2015
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sway162 View Post
Just recommended. Some say you have to and others do fine with stock. Our stock endlinks though are not that bad. If you go more than a 22mm on the rears then maybe you should but I honestly think you be fine with stock.
Cool man I'll definitely be getting that soon thanks for the help.
kceastsparks is offline  
post #7 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member
 
kceastsparks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 658
Car Year: 2015
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrazyaznl View Post
to save some money find your sti buddies with their stock bars laying around its a free upgrade =P
Haha STI's are few and far between out in cowboy country!
kceastsparks is offline  
post #8 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member
 
kceastsparks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 658
Car Year: 2015
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Dealership Blues

Man I have never had such a hard time purchasing a car before. Every dealership I've worked with so far, which has been 4 now, is so flakey and inconsistent. I'll talk to one sales person one day and then try to call and email them the next and their MIA for a week! Drive four hours from home to meet with a sales guy and get a trade in appraisal and he doesnt go into the office that day, then pushy sales people saying if I don't sign papers today then they'll cancel the reservation and deposit I've had on the car since April 24th Such a PITA.

Has anyone gotten the Subaru remote start or fog lights installed on their XT premium? What'd it set you back? One dealer told me the remote start is $800 and fogs are $550, not sure if that was including install or what but I know they're both way cheaper on subarugenuineparts.com.
kceastsparks is offline  
post #9 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member
 
kceastsparks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 658
Car Year: 2015
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

kceastsparks is offline  
post #10 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-15-2014, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
 
kceastsparks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 658
Car Year: 2015
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Got all my paper work squared away today. Woke up at 5:30 am to drive 4 hours to the dealer, spent about 2 hours there, drove 4 hours home, packed all my stuff for a 5 day hitch, drove 2 hours to work. Started my 12 hour shift at 8:00 pm. It's gunna be a tough night. Worth it though

The car is scheduled for delivery in CO on May 19th, I'll drive down and pick it up May 21st. Hoping they get everything installed before then. Went with dealer tint, clear bra, fog light kit, and remote start for the extras.

kceastsparks is offline  
post #11 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 04:00 AM
Forum Member
 
MikeMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montana
Posts: 276
Car Year: 2014
Car Model: Forester XT Touring
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey someone on the forum that is somewhat close to me!

Kelso
MikeMT is offline  
post #12 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member
 
kceastsparks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 658
Car Year: 2015
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMT View Post
Hey someone on the forum that is somewhat close to me!
WOOHOO! And we'll both have SWP XTs! Even though I've lived in Casper for eight months now I have yet to make a trip up to MT yet. Definitely need to go though, I'll let ya know if/when I do!
kceastsparks is offline  
post #13 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 09:00 AM
Forester of the Year 2014
Contributing Member
 
sway162's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 2,815
Car Year: SJ
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice wheels man! Whats the offset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kceastsparks View Post
Man I have never had such a hard time purchasing a car before. Every dealership I've worked with so far, which has been 4 now, is so flakey and inconsistent. I'll talk to one sales person one day and then try to call and email them the next and their MIA for a week! Drive four hours from home to meet with a sales guy and get a trade in appraisal and he doesnt go into the office that day, then pushy sales people saying if I don't sign papers today then they'll cancel the reservation and deposit I've had on the car since April 24th Such a PITA.

Has anyone gotten the Subaru remote start or fog lights installed on their XT premium? What'd it set you back? One dealer told me the remote start is $800 and fogs are $550, not sure if that was including install or what but I know they're both way cheaper on subarugenuineparts.com.

Yeah, I wouldn't pay them 550 for the fogs...I am sure that includes install. You could get the fogs around 200 or so and install yourself. That's what I did after you install one side of the fog light the other side takes you a few minutes. lol

I don't have the remote start so can't chime in on that but those prices are outrageous from the dealer.

Stay in S# my friends


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sway162 is offline  
post #14 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 03:58 PM
Forum Member
 
MikeMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montana
Posts: 276
Car Year: 2014
Car Model: Forester XT Touring
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kceastsparks View Post
WOOHOO! And we'll both have SWP XTs! Even though I've lived in Casper for eight months now I have yet to make a trip up to MT yet. Definitely need to go though, I'll let ya know if/when I do!
Heck ya. I am in Billings so its about a 4hr drive. I have a good friend in Casper, make it down there once in a while.

Kelso
MikeMT is offline  
post #15 of 419 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member
 
kceastsparks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 658
Car Year: 2015
Car Model: XT Premium
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sway162 View Post
Nice wheels man! Whats the offset?

Yeah, I wouldn't pay them 550 for the fogs...I am sure that includes install. You could get the fogs around 200 or so and install yourself. That's what I did after you install one side of the fog light the other side takes you a few minutes. lol

I don't have the remote start so can't chime in on that but those prices are outrageous from the dealer.
Thanks man. I think they're 45mm, we'll see how they look but I might get spacers so they sit more flush.

Haha it's always funny doing mods like that. When I put a 1" subtle lift on my crosstrek the first front and rear I did took me like an hour and a half, then the other side took me like ten minutes.

I ended up getting a really good deal from the dealership to install both for about $500. The pros of having a bad experience when your sales person isn't available
kceastsparks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Subaru Forester Owners Forum > General Forums > Member Gallery > Members' Journals

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1