Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Fyr3's 2006 FXT AKA Boost Withdrawal Cure

('06-'08) 
4K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  fyr3 
#1 · (Edited)
6/25/2014 -- Suspension INC!
Today I ordered some AGXs, looking for some OEM STI springs to pair with my whiteline com c top hats and kyb oem rear tophats. Also picked up some camber bolts just for good measure. Pretty excited! Will post install pics!

Update 6/21/2014 -- Retrofit!

End Result

Finally got tired of the halogen headlights and decided to try out a retrofit. I ordered the FXR 3.0 3" projector kit from theretrofitsource and installed them into spare headlights i bought for 100 bucks on craigslist. The lenses were pitted to no end and I sanded and clear coated them to outstanding finish. I think if I were to do it again I would go with the morimoto universal kit that can be installed without chopping much or jbweld/steelstick/drilling. Luckily my mounting was decent enough for me to reaim the lights well enough.

I had alot of issues with my E55 shrouds hitting the lens of my headlight because I mounted the left side too close so be careful of that.

After wet sanding 300-420-600-800-1000-1500-2000 INSIDE and OUTSIDE (my inside was fogged pretty bad due to water in the lens)

Before sanding/clear (notice the nasty headlights)

After applying clear miniwax and mineral spirits to the lenses on both sides...BAM

Mounted and aimed...

Update 3/30/2014 -- Timing Belt Fun

I told myself I wouldn't mod anymore until I did my due diligence and get my maintenance items out of the way. Finally got to my timing service at 104,800k yesterday.

This was taken before I changed the belt. This was my first time doing it and I changed the water pump, water pump gasket, thermostat, all idlers, tensioner, both accessorybelts, and gave her a good helping of new coolant. I used the company23 cam lock tool on the right side so I could get alignment done easier. When i started her up after the engine got hot I saw alot of white smoke, but that was due to alot of spilled coolant puddling up in one of my headshields.

A note about the timing belt guides. This is the tool gates supplied to help make sure you have enough clearance. I did not realize this red thing was for that, I assumed it was just piece of plastic protecting the idler from damage throughout shipping.

Anyways... WOOT! I didn't blow anything up! lol.

----------------------------------------------------

Hey all, I picked up my 2006 FXT Limited in Silver with about 95k miles on it from a dealer about a month ago. This is my 4th subaru but my first turbo one. So far I love the car and might of thrown some go fast parts a bit too quickly on her but time will be the judge of that!

:new_multi:

Mods
Speed
002 Accessport running Stage2 Cobb OTS map
Invidia 3" catless Turboback
Kartboy XL black hangers
Whiteline steering rack bushings
Grimmspeed turbo heatshield
Cobb adjustable short shifter
Cobb shifter bushings (Rear and Side)
Cobb SRI with airbox

Sound
Clarion Double Din Headunit
Sound Ordinance under the seat sub
4 Channel amp
Speaker Spacers (IAP spacers are not wide enough -- some are on the way from Patrick at subaruaudio.net)
Infinty tweets, mids, and crossovers in doors

Looks
20% Tint
White shift knob
Forester Sports grill
Laminx yellow film (Fogs)
4k Yellow HID kit (Fogs)
FXR 3.0 3" projectors with 5k phillips bulbs
White shift knob

Misc
Viper 5904V
Fumoto oil drain valve

On Deck
Feal coils or agxs with sti springs
Wheels
vf39
sti intercooler
EWG
Wrap headers
Wheel bearings

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Install Log

9/14/2013 (Invidia downpipe and JNA catback)
I ordered the JNA off ebay and took a trip to IAG to pickup my invidia DP and some shifter stuff I had to put off till next weekend. While disconnecting my stock downpipe a stud sheared off with the nut (*#$%) so i had to remove the turbo (mind you, ive never worked on a turbo motor before), tape up the entry/exits, and drill this super strong stud out. The fitment of the bolt I used is pretty poopty, but at least theres a bolt there now.

As expected, fitment from the jna was short of the rear bumper but besides that the fitment wasnt that bad. I will be heading to an exhaust shop to fix it up this weekend. I could probably do it but id rather pay someone 40 bucks to do it right.

#6 · (Edited)

Thanks man, I will definitely hit you up with some questions. Still dirty but the fitment of the g200 is just perfect imho.

Im about to hit 105k so I need to look forward to doing timing maintenance but I am debating on swifts vs something else as far as suspension. I really don't want to do suspension work twice so I would like to get it right the first time.

#7 ·
Did some work to the boat last weekend. Weather was too awesome (50 degrees and sunny ... lol). Went to a local suby shop and grabbed some goodies..

My first engine bling, i was legitimately missing a cap so it was convenient to get hah.

Some of the good stuff for my trans, as well as kartboy pitch stop mount.

Did whiteline steering rack bushings and stripped a bolt in the rack due to rushing to get done before dark, need to get in there and do a tap next weekend. Bolt is in for now...

Also, im working on a diy boost gauge just for the hell of it, fun project so far. Hopefully it will go somewhere. (My accessport is on the left.. pretty accurate so far)

#18 ·
Nice! I rarely get to see any subaru enthusiast around, especially any wrx/stis that give me the time of day at all.

Ordered all my timing belt maintenance items as well as some seals at rallysportdirect today, and im at 104k. Just in time. Will report back when its all in and ready to go.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.