Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Forced Induction's FXT..AKA..the Garage Queen

('14-'18) 
39K views 203 replies 32 participants last post by  ForcedInduction 
#1 · (Edited)
After almost two years with my 14’FXT (purchased her in May of 2013)….I decided to start my own journal dedicated to the one and only (for now) “garage queen”…..

Traded in my 12’ OB 2.5i……it was a beauty but desperately needed more power....especially after coming out of a V6 Maxima (got used to the torque in that thing and the OB just felt extremely anemic)…..here is a pic of the OB and yup that’s my finger sneaking into the pic…..sorry....

My current DD is a 12’ VOLT…..that is until this summer and then the FXT will become my DD……she will be giving up her “garage queen” status at that point..….here are a couple of pics of the VOLT....

FXT moving in……first week in her new home (May 2013)....

Didn't take long before I started to change/add things....and it will only continue......

Morimoto LED fog lights....

LED city lights and LED High beam DRL-6K.....

LED DRL’s in bumper (4 on each side…..wired to battery through wireless remote control unit/fob)...will be switching these out for full LED bars this summer....also a nice location for the Nameless decal...

Cusco front strut tower brace plus painted accent areas of the engine cover (red).....

Plasti-dipped front distal portion of hood with matte black dip for hood protection and painted grill lines with Dupont red paint (same paint I used on calipers….also in pic is STI grill emblem)......

Painted all brake calipers red......

STI oil cap....pic before I peeled off the protective clear sticker....

Tinted all windows (except windshield/sunroof) 35% all around (tint applied over factory privacy glass….looks very nice).......

Nameless Axle back exhaust showing mufflers painted with matte black plastidip....converted to full Catback now

Whiteline 20 mm adjustable RSB with support braces......

Sunroof wind deflector and a rare visitor….

Various decals/emblems added and plastidipped XT emblem.....

.....also installed.....
TapTurn signal relay
K&N drop in panel air filter...
High definition dash cam.....
Passport MAX radar detector (definitely a must in this XT)
Optima red top series 35 battery
Dimple magnetic oil drain plug (just switched to this on my last oil change a week ago)...this plug has one very strong magnet!
Tint overlay the reverse lights and front light tinted lids
Hood bug deflector
Side wind deflectors
Front STI lip
Rear STI underbody spoiler (yet to be installed)
Hella Sharptones
Full front Fang style LED lights
Rota HG5 rims in hyperblack with Michelin Premier tires swapped from stock rims

See less See more
#10 ·
Great project so far and some good ideas with the spray-on bra.
You may want to do some research (if you haven't already) on installing the AEM intake without a tune to match the increase in airflow. Everything being posted suggests this engine will respond best, and safest with a matching tune.

#14 ·
Okay.....I have been thinking strongly now of replacing the stock Navi unit and I have been looking at these 2 double DIN units...both are about the same price and both have very good features.....

#1 is the Kenwood Excelon DNN992

#2 is the Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX

...anybody have these units or know someone that does....both are about the same price.....What are your thoughts people? I am trying to decide whether to pull the trigger and snag one of these to add to my growing list of additions to the FXT for the summer......

#16 ·
Nice Build

Nice build so far. Looking to order my wife a 2015 FXT here shortly and have been looking at the DRL led bars. here did you gets yours from? Also I just installed a nameless axelback on my 14 WRX and would love one on her FXT too!

My choice would be the Pioneer but i have never owned a Kenwood so I am biased.

#17 ·
Thanks Rich.....

I purchased the bumper DRL LED bars off of Ebay.....they ship from China.....free shipping and cost me with tax about $120'ish to 130'ish......I googled 2014 Subaru Forester Chrome LED DRL and it brought up the Ebay page as one of the search results.....

#19 ·
^^^^.....forgot to mention that I used the smoked plastidip that has translucent properties.....it actually applies as a very light tint per coat and I kept layering coats until the desired tint level was achieved......the lights (reverse and turn signal) easily shine right through....

#21 ·
Absolutely! The key is to not allow the dip to completely dry between coats and to make sure the last coat is applied with a couple of extra passes of dip at the interface between the tape and dipped area (needs to be wet)... Then immediately remove the tape by pulling the tape completely perpendicular to the surface....should give you a nice cut....hope that helps.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#27 ·
I prefer the +35 along with Widths of 8,8.5,9". Fwiw (different model fozz) but I have 9" width with +35. And recently shared pics in my journal.

Fwiw I think ull be fine. And if ur looking for a flush look, ull be happy. Rather then buying something with +48 or +45 or +40, and wanting "more".

#28 ·
I am leaning towards the bottom wheel with the +45 offset.....I will be putting the 235/55/18 Michelin Premier's on them and getting dedicated winter tires for the stock rims......do you know what the stock offset is....I read somewhere on here that it was in the 40's???

#34 · (Edited)
Okay.....I decided to go with a summer rim setup and use my stock rims with dedicated winter tires for the snow.....I really like these Rota GTR rims......here are two examples of the same rim in 18x8.0, 5x100 with +48 offset and a red lip......the first is a kinda gloss black with red lip and the second is a flat black with red lip....I am favoring the flat black with the color of my XT being DGM.....what do you guys think......oh and will the 235/55/18 Michelins I have fit these fine or will I have to get new tires??

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.