Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Duderotomy's MY07 XT Sport | Built with passion, not for status

('06-'08) 
145K views 317 replies 80 participants last post by  konaid 
#1 · (Edited)
2007 Forester 2.5XT Sport 5MT

This journal tells the story of my 2007 Forester. From its purchase in late 2008 through today, all of the set backs and glory will be told here.

2009-2010

Table of Contents...

Milestones and Modifications
Trips and Special Occasions

Events and Miscellaneous Photos

My other journals

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The story starts off on a rainy day in September, I believe it was a Saturday...

I had spent the night on a Greyhound bus bound for New York City from Buffalo. A really good friend of mine was along for the journey, and he made a chronicle of the trip. We arrived in New York City around 6:15am, where I met with the salesman from the dealership.

We loaded our limited baggage into his car and were then headed north to the dealership. It was a warm humid morning, and I was quick to discover that Dunkin' Donuts doesn't know how to make a double double for the life of them. The salesman pulls his car onto the lot, passing various Subaru's as we parked in the employee lot. On our way through I noticed her hiding in the back corner with a yellow tag stuck to the windshield displaying the phrase "SOLD"... We went into the dealership, it is now close to 7:15am, and proceeded to fill out the final paperwork for my new car. Once the paperwork was done we kicked a few tires on the new rides out the front and then started prepping for the trek home. After joking around in the lot for a few minutes, and admiring the custom suede interior we hit the road.

Leaving from the dealership in Orangeburg, NY around 8:30am, we headed north to a local A&P where we grabbed some essentials for the long drive.
We quickly discovered the hard way that the alarm had been enabled on the car. :icon_rolleyes:
We drove along the Hudson River and found a great section of road near Big Bear State Park. We pulled over and snapped off a few quick shots.

So after a few hours of driving through rain and fog, we finally arrived in Buffalo where I was forced to leave the car for a few nights until the US Customs office was open the following week.

On September 16th, 2008 my World Rally Blue 2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Limited Sports 5-speed was officially in Canada. A few weeks later all of the import and registration paperwork was completed and filed, and my new Forester was wearing a set of Ontario tags. Due to the tags, my Forester quickly developed the nickname "BadFoz" thanks to a close friend.

#3 · (Edited)
Journal entry #2

The date is October 18th, 2008 and I've finished installing a new pile of parts I'd accumulated over the previous week.

The list includes:
- RavSpec Carbon V-Limited front lip
- RallyArmor Urethane mud flaps
- OEM rear spoiler
- OEM MY08 black tail lights
- GarageXTi hood strut kit
- Custom rear plate frame
- CDM HID conversion (not installed yet)
- SF.com decals

I took photos of the new modifications tonight, and here they are...

#6 ·
Very well thought out and tasteful mods to a rare ride.. I love the seats and the color. How many miles on it? Dude!!! I like the Sold sign on your T-shirt too, goof!
So, is Stage 2 on the horizon, suspension mods? This is a painful disease with a costly, time consuming cure. Great start! How was the HID install? Did you do the leveller switch as well?

#9 · (Edited)
Currently she's got 11,950 miles on the odometer. It had 8,570 on it when I picked it up. Stage II is in her future, but that probably won't be happening until next summer or fall. I plan to keep the drivetrain as close to stock as possible so I don't risk any of my reliability or mileage since she's my daily.
The HID's technically aren't installed yet, they're in boxes in my room with the leveller switches though. I'll let you know how it goes.

Awesome car, great purchase. I'm not going to tell you that you need a drop because i'm sure you already know it!

This is probably a stupid question, but why is it subaruforester.com, when the site is subaruforester.org? I realize that subaruforester.com takes you to .org, but just wondering why not make the stickers .org to begin with.
I know she needs a drop, I've got the Tein Super Flex Wagons already lined up with EDFC, they'll be going on in the spring along with the gold 18's.
As for the .com stickers VS the .org ones, I got them through RallyDecals.com for a bargain at the same time I ordered my rear plate frames. Since the address leads to the same place, I didn't think it was a big deal.

I almost bought that car!! Unmistakable Interior! I went back and forth with Bill Kolb over the phone (the dealer, not the person). In the end I decided to keep it local...
How was that Dealership to work with anyway?
Well I'm glad you didn't buy her, because I love her. The interior was the selling feature for me to be 100% honest. Between this car and an '08 they had, the suede won over the STi package.
The dealership was great to deal with, they took care of all the paperwork US Customs & Canada Customs required, and even drove an hour from the dealership to pick me up and sign the papers. I give them an A+ for customer service and would recommend them for sure.

#7 ·
Awesome car, great purchase. I'm not going to tell you that you need a drop because i'm sure you already know it!

This is probably a stupid question, but why is it subaruforester.com, when the site is subaruforester.org? I realize that subaruforester.com takes you to .org, but just wondering why not make the stickers .org to begin with.

#17 · (Edited)
Alright everybody, I've got the latest update for this thread...
I've finished installing a new pile of parts I'd accumulated over the winter.

The list includes:
- IHI VF43 turbo
- JDM HKS Catted Downpipe
- JDM Fujitsubo cat-back exhaust
- STi Top-mount Intercooler (MY07)
- SPT short-ram intake w/ heat shield
- SPT turbo heat-shield
- COBB AccessPort v2 w/ HB Speed 297.7whp tune (courtesy Scans007)
- Walboro 255lph fuel pump
- 750cc injectors
- Subtle Solutions radiator shroud
- Subtle Solutions hood splitter
- JDM STi hood scoop
- Custom Forester badging w/ STi emblems (MY07)
- WRX carbon fibre shift knob and e-brake lever
- Perrin 22mm front and rear sway bars w/ heavy duty rear mounts
- Group A endlinks
- Group A pitch stop mount
- Group A subframe locking bolts
- Turn in Concepts Scooby921 strut adapters
- Turn in Concepts transmission cross member bushings
- Kartboy rear sub-frame outrigger bushings - comfort
- Kartboy short shifter w/ front shifter bushings
- Kartboy 2-piston caliper adapters
- Group N front and rear top hats
- Group N engine mounts
- Group N 5-speed transmission mount
- KYB GR-2 WRX sedan struts
- STi springs (MY05)
- STi rear lateral links
- SPC camber bolts front and rear
- MachV Motorsports 3/8" saggy butt spacers
- Techna-Fit braided stainless brake lines
- WRX 4-piston front calipers and rotors
- WRX 2-piston rear calipers and rotors
- Rota SVN Tommy Gold 18x8½ et48
- BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW² 245/40ZR-18

There are still a few things left to go on... but they should be revealed at Wicked Big Meet if things go as planned.

and the inherited dyno graph from the setup I bought off Scans007...

#22 ·
Thanks guys!
I'll try and get things nicely cleaned up and go out for a nice photo shoot in the next couple weeks. At the moment I've got so much going on that I don't get much chance to keep the car clean.

So far I've had multiple people from cruise nights think it actually came that way from the factory though. A few people have said "So all you've done is add the carbon fibre lip?" to which I just agree to... and a lot of people think it's been repainted in WR Blue.

#26 ·
so many levels of hawtness!

i've been admiring the pictures of your Forester Sports XT for awhile now, but i just wanted to put my compliments here. it''s almost exactly how I want to do mine, but more in the JDM Forester Crossport flavor. those brakes are totally baller-status. Great work!

do you think you're at a point where you're satisfied with how the car looks and performs? it seems like you've done quite a bit of work in only a few years of ownership...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.