Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2017 Forester XT Touring (Slowly Modifying)

('14-'18) 
8K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  ruckus858 
#1 · (Edited)
Parts List:

Interior:
-Black Box B40/A118 Rear Camera
-Go Pro Session Front Camera
-HKS OBD-Link (Waiting to install)
-Clazzio Cool Seat Covers (Ordered, ETA DEC 2016)
-Japanese SJ5 Rear Headrest (Fitment is good. Waiting on seat covers)

Exterior:
-Work M.C.O Wheels 17x7 (Ordered, but ETA JAN 2017)
-Work Lug Nuts (Ordered, but ETA JAN 2017)
-OEM Subaru Window Deflectors

Future Modifications
-Cooper Discovery AT3 or Yokohama Geolandar
-Mud Flaps
-Yakima Mega Warrior
-Yakima Spare Wheel Mount
-HKS Hybrid Oil Filter
-HKS Air Filter
-Nameless 5 Inch Mufflers

INITIAL POST
Hi my name is Justin, and I just bought a 2017 Forester XT Touring in July 2016. I have been interested in a Forester since I bought a 2015 Scion FR-S which sadly I had to trade for this car. I wish I could keep both. I am slow at modding, but I wanted to take some time to start a journal for my future modification, and road trips. I currently have about 500 miles on the car, and I am excited to reach the end of my break in period.

This is the birth certificate to my Forester and the first image I took while I was moving my stuff from my trade in to the Forester.

Today, I bought (08/06/2016) a new dash camera. I was using the Black Box B40 in my 2004 Scion Xb, and 2015 Scion FR-S. I finally decided it was time to upgrade and I bought a Go Pro+ Session. Seems to work pretty well. I installed it behind my rear view mirror so its not so distractive when I am driving. Here are a couple of images. The image on my phone is blurry because it's streaming live, and its dark, but it is recording 1080p. Ill get better pictures in the morning.

See less See more
#5 ·
Very exciting day. As I was driving home from San Francisco for my uncles wedding I was able to break in my car by hitting 1000 miles. I have been waiting for this for a few weeks.

(Little update and information about the Go Pro Session)

If any one is interested in a Go Pro Session as your dash camera there are some things you probably want to know. First it has wide view, and regular view. Which wide is the only view I use because it captures everything on the road. Second it has 720, 1080, and 1440 resolution. The third thing, and what I feel is the most important is looping. Looping is when you completely fill your memory card, and it will delete the oldest video footage and start recording over it because you have ran out of room. This is important because you don't have to touch your Go Pro to delete footage to keep recording. The Go Pro does it itself.

I have installed my old Black Box B40, and my rear camera. It's a great camera and I refuse to throw it away because its older. So I thought I would put it to good use. If any one is interested in this camera and want more information I have a video of my FR-S getting hit by a bucket, and it's pretty clear its a good camera for a 70 dollar dash camera.
Video here: https://youtu.be/sMoVEAAJslI

While I was in San Francisco I stopped by one of my favorite Japanese book stores called Kinokuniya. Kinokuniya is a large bookstore chain out in Japan, and I am fortunate to have one next to me. I picked up Motor Fan which a car magazine that publishes each magazine on a specific car. Almost like Hyper Rev, but less expensive.

Well that my current update. Thanks for reading.

#6 ·
Today I order wheels. Unfortunately because of the size they don't stock it. So they have to be shipped from Japan, and I was quoted up till January. I ordered the Work MCO in matte black. I also order the caps, and they threw in Work Lug nuts for me. I can't wait to receive them.

#12 ·
Went to Subaru Las Vegas today to pick up window deflectors. I am very happy with this product. My previous cars did not have clip/tape visors in the US so I would order 250-300 dollar visors from a Japanese dealer. I was pleased to find out they had clips on the US model, but I am not happy with the plastic clips. My last few sets of visors have always been metal not plastic. I am also happy about not spending over 200 dollars, and waiting a few weeks to receive them. 100 Bucks was a good deal, and eBay had them for less, but I wanted to see the product before buying.

#13 ·
A little update on some stuff that came in, and some stuff that I order.

I just received my Japanese parking pass sticker from Osaka, and hearing impaired sticker/magnet. My mom has the Cochlear Implant, and while no one will understand what the sticker means I think it would be fun to have than the beginner driver emblem.

I also ordered Japanese SJ5 headrest seat to work with the Japanese Clazzio seat covers. Clazzio USA does not support a lot of stuff, and they definitely do no make enough designs for North America. Unfortunately I had to pay a little more to get the seat covers to fit the NA model so I purchased the headrest at a decent price. Headrests should be here in a week, but the covers are eta 3 months.

Sorry for the crap picture it was the only one on their site.

I also ordered which should be here next week the HKS OBD-Link just to add some more gauges. Probably unnecessary, but it will look good.

#16 ·
Little update on where my stuff is. I'm actually a little frustrated right now because I have one package sitting in the office of my apartment, and one at the post office waiting to be picked up. I can't pick any of them up because when I leave for work the office is not open, and when I get home the office is closed because I am doing overtime. I called to have them throw the box in my house but nothing has shown up. I guess ill wait till this weekend or start banging on the managers apartment door. Im going to crazy!

#19 ·
A few weeks ago I ordered the HKS OB-Link to add more gauges to my car, but after trying to install it I found it didn't work. So that was basically 200 dollars down the drain. I did a little searching and found a cheap solution by buying a ELM sensor, and using Dash Command. So far it works really well. Shows RPM, toque, boost, and other stuff I have not really used yet. It also is very accurate for the price. I tried to make a video but my hand was too shaky.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.