Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2010 Forester SH with mods, upgraded, off road.

('09-'13) 
73K views 308 replies 33 participants last post by  551602 
#1 ·
Just picked my foz up last night. [Angrey foz]

Started working on it today.

Added my LED Interior lights.

19mm rear sway bar, rsb.

And ran the lead for my subwoofer amp. (full system will be installed)

9011 HIR high beam bulb mod done.

Loving it so far. Only day 2. Lots more to come.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Mod list;
2" ADF lift kit.
King heavy duty rear springs.
New kyb struts all around.
215 70/16 General Grabber AT2 tires with ATP full sized spare.
19mm STI rear sway bar, disconnected when in the gritty.
Aem dry flow air filter.
5 wire custom grounding kit install.
Grimmspeed master brake cylinder brace.
Primitive triple armor underbody protection.
4-fuse adapter added to battery for electronics.

Oem tow hook with D-ring (comes in way too handy).
SSD performance bumper light bar.
12" KOHREE light bar, 2 single led spot lights.
HIR (no not HID) headlight mod done on low and high beams.
LED interior and reverse lights.
Curt tow hitch installed.
Hella supertone horns installed.

Xt leather wrapped steering wheel installed.
Window tint, nice and dark from prev owner.
Auto dim mirrow with homelink.
Dedicated 2.1a / 1.1a usb charger installed.
Heated seat elements installed.
Factory steering wheel controls installed.
Alpine deck installed.
BT microphone installed.
Component front and coaxial rear speakers installed.
Fatmat sound deadener added to all doors and hatch.
12" sub with 4g wiring.
Dash cam installed.
Bluetooth diagnostic readout paired to torque app on phone for real time data read, included COOLANT TEMP, le sigh.

Custom interior roof bar installed for interior storage of shovel or water-sport paddles.
Diy backseat protectors installed.
Bunch of junk in my recovery kit...
2" receiver installed with tow wiring.
Thule aero cross-bars, silver.
Kuat Sherpa 2.0 bike rack, 30# favorite platform rack.

#10 ·
Kenwood eXcelon x501-1 x-series 500w @ 2ohm amp went in today.
4 guage power and ground wires.

Mounted under the driver's seat.
Running to a
Jl 12w1 v3 12" sub with sealed enclosure.

Next up 'fatmat' on the front doors and Alpine type-s component speakers. I'll eventually replace the rear speakers as well. She's coming along.

Attachments

#11 ·
Alpine 163bt deck and ktp-445a power pack installed. pac swi rc steering wheel controlled was used as well. Here is the deck installed, and the two wires the pac swi rc device called for.

Bluetooth phone mic I mounted on top of the steering wheel column.

Attachments

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hella Supertones installed today. Took the bumper off for the install. Really very easy. Just wish I could've done the grill only but oh well. Pm with questions if you're attempting. Really wiring was very easy. I've done this without the relay on my wrx and it still worked great... This time I did use the relay however. Still have the relay from when I installed on my wrx if this relax gets screwed taking all the water this winter. May box up the relay in the future to protect it a bit if needed.

Attachments

#18 ·
Triple armor skid set from primitive installed today. Great fitment. My pup wanted to help out...

Attachments

#188 ·
Skid plates

So how was the install. Smooth simple bolt on with all the correct hardware included, or a pain in the a$$ to install? What was the worst part of all skid plate install, and can you still change fluids with plates installed.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Swapped the stock wheels and tires back on. One has a slow leak the previous owner didn't mention. It was flat when I installed... Lame ?.

Good excuse to get grabbers soon.

Went to Blue Lake today. ~6k foot elevation up a little fozzy worthy access road. Way fun. Foz did great.

Attachments

#20 ·
Installed my hitch and got the bike rack on today. Then hit the river with the wife and dog.

Attachments

#22 ·
Sun changed too much for a good before and after pic from the same angle but got some rally armor flaps installed this afternoon. They hang super low I'm pretty surprised. Had them on my wrx and def wanted them on my forester... Lots of good coverage. They look great. Had to remove the back wheels for screw driver access but no big deal there just a chore added to the install. Kept the original splash guards in place as well

Attachments

#23 ·
Ordered a power puller and or come-along, Tow strap, and tree strap to keep in the Foz for when I get back from Maui... slowing building my recovery kit and what not... already have first aid and emergency kit in the car.

I'm planning on getting some A/T tires soon as I want to do some off tarmac adventures this fall and winter... Still debating on size, either 215 65 16 (stock) 225 70 16 or 215 70 16... open to suggestions.

Thinking maybe stick with the stock size to keep some weight down and mpgs up but getting a little added clearance from a taller tire would be cool, and from my research looks like the optional sizes I've listed will fit.

Thinking General Grabbers although I know the BFG TKO2 are pretty popular. Just a lot more dough.

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
Considering powder coating the wheels before getting tires. Thinking a dark gunmetal grey, or just black but can't decide. Even bronze may look good. Might have to play on Photoshop when I'm back from Kaua'i, suggestions?

Planning on grabbers, still not sure what size I want to do...

Found this gas door oe piece. Think it looks kind of neat but can't find a good picture of it anywhere...

Going to add the interior illumination kit (red) next week. Excited about that. Eventually will add the puddle light kit as well.

Replaced my Yakima bike rack with a kuat Sherpa 2.0. Saved 20 lbs on the back hitch by doing this. Should help with the sagging rear end. Def want to get some spacers eventually and the Anderson lift kit most likely...

Not sure anybody is reading this. Hopefully somebody is looking in my window...

Attachments

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Got new shoes today. General Grabber at2 215 70 16. $70 rebate on them right now and the local shop was very fair.

Stoked to camp next week in the mtns. Planning to hit a high alpine lake spot and a fire lookout. The dirt roads will be a great test for these tires.

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.