Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Texas Offroad Meet - Thanksgiving 2014 - Pictures/Videos

14K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  GeoJosh 
#1 ·
Had a small group go out to Bridgeport for some offroading today.

It was a lot of fun, I got really dirty, and we had perfect weather.

There were a few damages. A Ford Escape busted their oil pan before lunch. After lunch, I caught a rut it an intense part of the trail that pulled me over into a fence. Cut up the front bumper and put a few superficial cuts in my tires (all hail Yoko ATS!). All in all, things went well. It could have been much worse for all of us, because the trails were really slick and muddy.
@Machine1 @Kevinmai712

DSCN2475 by jasplund91, on Flickr

DSCN2476 by jasplund91, on Flickr

DSCN2477 by jasplund91, on Flickr

DSCN2482 by jasplund91, on Flickr

DSCN2483 by jasplund91, on Flickr

DSCN2500 by jasplund91, on Flickr

DSCN2503 by jasplund91, on Flickr

DSCN2505 by jasplund91, on Flickr

DSCN2509 by jasplund91, on Flickr

The fence I got pulled into. We ended up pulling the other FXT through without risking them getting dragged into the fence.
DSCN2511 by jasplund91, on Flickr

DSCN2512 by jasplund91, on Flickr

DSCN2513 by jasplund91, on Flickr

DSCN2514 by jasplund91, on Flickr

DSC_0014 by jasplund91, on Flickr

DSC_0015 by jasplund91, on Flickr

My end of day stats
DSCN2516 by jasplund91, on Flickr

See less See more
#7 ·
Good stuff guys! Thanks for always taking pictures and documenting these things. I love the tires on that red Grand Cherokee.

And Josh, sorry to hear about the damage. Just consider them battle scars. Wear them with pride...or go to an auto body shop and get a little reconstructive surgery.

The last 2 shots of Machine1 in the second post are my favorites.

#8 ·
And Josh, sorry to hear about the damage. Just consider them battle scars. Wear them with pride...or go to an auto body shop and get a little reconstructive surgery.
I will get photos of it washed up... not pretty. The plastic front bumper cover got tore up, literally. The tire seems fine though, as I drove on it all day today with no issues.

Videos coming up now!

#23 ·
Awesome vids and pics guys.....now I think I will gather up enough courage to take the FXT....AKA "Garage Queen".....over a curb or two...or maybe not..... :grin2:

...all joking aside though....how bad was the damage to the bumper Geo....anything that can be repaired or does this mean a new bumper.....

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.