Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

11' XT turbo swap and STI tmic

('09-'13) 
3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Galager 
#1 ·
Hey I'm swapping out my td04 for a VF52 and hoping to swap top mounts to a 05' STI Tmic has anyone had experience with changing top mounts to a stock STI in that age range (04-07) ?

#2 ·
why? like just the look?...or cause its free? etc.
just wondering....not bashing. haha. just cause its already gonna be tough, but then youre throwing a VF52 on there...which is going back the other direction fitment wise. as in, it would make more sense to do that tmic with like a vf48 or something.

either way....youd have to at least get an sti intake manifold, with the throttle body and all.
check out @Tezzating 's thread, with his white SH.

#3 ·
What is the end goal that you have in mind? If you are just looking for a little more power you wouldnt need to swap the TMIC. I have an upgraded vf52 on my car with all the bolt ons making 295 whp and I could still run the stock TMIC if I wanted too. The more info you can provide us with what you are looking to do with the car or what the end goal you have would be helpful.

#5 ·
id just keep your oem tmic then. unless you get a good deal or one that will bolt right on, or "have" to buy one, for one reason or another. just get one that is for 08-14 wrx or 09-13 fxt. save yourself the additional hassle.

no ones but dyno is going to feel a difference in 5-10 whp. say if youre just shy of literally "300".

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.